Official Bigfooty NBA week 1 thread, (The) - Jordan vs Lebron

Remove this Banner Ad

LeBron is undoubtedly a very talented, especially athletically, player; I have never questioned that. But his repertoire of 'moves' are merely variations of aggressively attacking the rim like a Mack Truck and if he can't finish with a dunk/put back/jumper he kicks the ball out to an open team mate. Rinse-repeat x 100.

His so-called IQ is widely overrated by his nut-huggers and because of its predictability completely destroyed by teams that can match his in talent and that actually bother to play as a team (i.e Dubs).

He is so successful against 24 or so NBA teams because he is just so much more physically superior and talented to the other 450+ NBA players and overwhelms them in that way.

But when you honestly analyze his game without the cultish goggles of his fanbois, there isn't much 'sophistication'/'intelligence' to it. Certainly not in the same realm that Hakeem, Kareem etc... inhabit much less Magic and Jordan.

Just my 2 cents, no need to be triggered by a different opinion on LaQueen. He won't be winning any more titles from this point forward, he should retire and salvage the reputation he has left right now as the dude is embarrassing himself at the Lakers.

Last edited:
Loved the fight. Rondo actually lands a decent punch right in CP3's face. Also if you watch the video and look at Melo, his face is amusing when Rondo just straight punched Paul. Haha.

Not a good look for LeBron with his arm around CP3. Get around Rondo and your teammates instead of your buddy. Was strange.

They meet three more times this season. Will be compulsory viewing!

Yep that sounds about right.

I think Exum stands a decent chance of displacing Mills and/or Longley by the time he's done too.
Patty's stats dont do him any favours. Career just 8ppg but I think that's more the system he has played in with Pop. I think if he left SAS, he could find a starting gig at really bad teams or a backup role where he could score 12-15ppg.

But Mills has been a really big part of the second unit for Spurs teams that won Championships. He was an important player for them. Exum has a long way to go to match that. He's has a good start to this season though, maybe he makes the step up this year on a really good Jazz team.

Ingram angling to join the Philippines when Blatche retires?
If you watch the video closely looks like Melo jawing is the spit culprit. Trust CP3 to lie and blame Rondo.

Little weasel.
Harsh. More like he thought it was Rondo on and let his emotions get in the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my 2 cents, no need to be triggered by a different opinion on LaQueen. He won't be winning any more titles from this point forward, he should retire and salvage the reputation he has left right now as the dude is embarrassing himself at the Lakers.
Your names riffing on his name are high IQ.

Ingram angling to join the Philippines when Blatche retires?

Harsh. More like he thought it was Rondo on and let his emotions get in the way.
But don’t you think you’d see spit coming out of Rondo’s mouth from that close up?

If he had spat at him intentionally I think it would have been fairly obvious, spitting normally is. And even if spit did come out via yelling that’s not enough to justify poking Rondo in the the eye.

LeBron is undoubtedly a very talented, especially athletically, player; I have never questioned that. But his repertoire of 'moves' are merely variations of aggressively attacking the rim like a Mack Truck and if he can't finish with a dunk/put back/jumper he kicks the ball out to an open team mate. Rinse-repeat x 100.

His so-called IQ is widely overrated by his nut-huggers and because of its predictability completely destroyed by teams that can match his in talent and that actually bother to play as a team (i.e Dubs).

He is so successful against 24 or so NBA teams because he is just so much more physically superior and talented to the other 450+ NBA players and overwhelms them in that way.

But when you honestly analyze his game without the cultish goggles of his fanbois, there isn't much 'sophistication'/'intelligence' to it. Certainly not in the same realm that Hakeem, Kareem etc... inhabit much less Magic and Jordan.

Your post is embarrassing

I'm surprised the Lakers didn't go harder at another big name considering LeBron is 34 in December.
Im pretty sure they would have maxed Paul George had they traded for him, and would have been willing to trade their young guys for Kawhi, but the Spurs wanted nothing to do with Lonzo and didn't rate Ingram.

Although I stand to be corrected on this.

Im pretty sure they would have maxed Paul George had they traded for him, and would have been willing to trade their young guys for Kawhi, but the Spurs wanted nothing to do with Lonzo and didn't rate Ingram.

Although I stand to be corrected on this.

Yeah they simply need to land Kawhi or Durant in 9 months for LBJ to have any chance at another ring, need a guard that is dangerous from 3 point territory also.

I thought LeBron would be more annoyed about it also, could be one of his final seasons as a top 2 player in the league and he's playing on a team that has a ceiling of 50 wins.
I think 50 games could be a struggle.

One of the weirdest LeBron teams
I’ve seen. It just doesn’t make sense from a basketball standpoint. LeBron has been at his best surrounded by shooters and maybe one other playmaker to ease the load off him. They’ve got Rondo and Ball together, they look like they might be able to work if Ball can consistently hit 3s, but even still having those two plus LeBron basically makes one of them useless for large periods of time.

Ingram needs the ball in his hands and honestly I don’t rate him very highly. The rest of their wings aren’t much and they’ve got nowhere near enough rebounding.

Basically reminding me of the Bulls with Rondo, Butler and Wade.

From a results standpoint this could be the 2012-2013 Lakers allover again. A poorly constructed roster with high expectations falling well short and becoming one big drama show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back