Media Meltin' With Elton (now with BRAB): S26 Melt of the Year Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
At the heart of the SFA is banter. We love it, we really do. It is the foundation, the bedrock, the very heart of what this whole shebang is all about.

But sometimes, people redline. Sometimes, the tone of words are misinterpreted. Sometimes you just keep poking people with a stick until they lose the plot.

This is what is known far and wide, as a melt.

Last year, the inaugral Meltin' with Elton Melt of the year winner was the one and only BRAB. I sat down with him to discuss the finer points of melting.

496734_e19465310ab9a9cd816613d2923af19e.png

Hi mate, thanks for sitting down for a chat. After the announcement of the inaugural Meltin' with Elton thread, and the initial nomination of sportsmaniac89 for a quality melt, what chance did you give yourself of "winning" the award?

Honestly, sportsy is such a little bitch that it's hard to know with certainty that he won't break down emotionally in even more spectacular ways.

There are real melts, and fake melts. You, sir, are very good at both. How do you come about with your fake melts? Are they planned, or do you see a social injustice etc and just run with it?

I am honestly ******* outraged that you even imply that my fight for social justice is in anyway fabricated. Maybe if you didn't look at the world through your white, testosterone fuelled privilege you could understand why I'd be UPSET that people still use gendered pronouns in the sim!

For the fake melts, do you have a sort of template that you use?

My entire life is a disorganised mess, so no.

Are you surprised the initial winner was not SM?

I am a tad to be honest. He can melt it up as much as anyone.

Will you be actively seeking out the Golden Fondue Pot again?

No

You are also very good at getting people to melt. Any tips or strategies, especially for the rookies out there, on how to induce a melt?

Find a sore spot. Push. Ask open questions and continue to ask until they either crack the shits or squib. For example, Ant Bear exploits dead posters. Ask questions to him about this until he breaks.

I used to get coach to melt by taking a small part of his post out of context, blowing it up, and prying until he cracked. Really got my socks off.

I'm a good person.

Finally, and this does not absolve you from going back to back, would you like to be a judge on this years Meltin' with Elton Award?

Sure

Thanks BRAB, I can think of no one more qualified to help me find a true and worthy winner. Looking forward to it.

Now, good people of the SFA, I am relying on YOU to help with this award. We can't be in every match thread at once, and nor do we want to be.

We need you, when we get a live one on the hook, to let us know. Nominate your fellow players. Goad them into exploding. Fish with the best bait you can afford. WE WANT MELTS GODDAMMIT!!

Melt rules.
1. If you are nominated, stiff s**t, you're in.
2. EJW and BRAB are the judges for the award. You can sway us, bribe us, abuse us. All or none of these may work. But at the end of the day, the nominations are ours to judge.
3. The yearly winner will be decided by poll
4. As the creator of the award, I am ineligible. It's not fair, but them's the rules. BRAB is still eligible, because he is a campaigner.
5. If you successfully nominate a round, and I like it, you may be also deemed ineligible, getting protection and a free pass. But you may not either.

Once again, thanks to BRAB for being on the panel for this years award. Expert help is always appreciated.

Wig Out.

Noms:

rfctiger74
NaturalDisaster
okeydoke7

Last edited:
That's because:

1) I hate multi-quote because responding to 5 different people in one post confuses the s**t out of people by the 5+ reply, because everyone forgets which reply is to which person. It's also as messy as ****

2) I legit do not give a **** about post counts, about people who tally them, or people who care. If I'm gunna post, I'm gunna post. I don't do it to pad some stupid ****** up irrelevant stat.

Here's a solution. Remove me from any post count stat, and never ever again bother me with this whiney s**t.

That, or put me on ignore - I frankly don't give a s**t which you choose, dealers choice

It's been very quiet on the nomination front thus far this season.

None of you campaigners are making much effort. I'm not angry, just disappointed.

I was doing some light reading today and come across this from my old mate rfctiger74 in the "Match Thread Posting Participation" thread in relation to the subject of multi quoting.

Congratulations you whiney s**t, you're nominated.

It's been very quiet on the nomination front thus far this season.

None of you campaigners are making much effort. I'm not angry, just disappointed.

I was doing some light reading today and come across this from my old mate rfctiger74 in the "Match Thread Posting Participation" thread in relation to the subject of multi quoting.

Congratulations you whiney s**t, you're nominated.
This isn't melting so much as it's 'get off my lawn' material

I’m going to win this award just so I can be interviewed next season.

I’m going to win this award just so I can be interviewed next season.
Keep carrying on like you did when you lost on the weekend and you're more than half a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright fellow SFAíans and @31 21 premiers, let me take you on a journey which began around the midpoint of Season 22.

I joined the SFA in S22 and made my debut in Round 9 against the Baghdad Bombers. The Furies were on a losing streak of 5 games and sat second last on the ladder. We needed a win in order to keep our season alive. The addition of a young exciting rookie like myself lifted the Furies to a 40-point win over the Bombers.

Three rounds later would mark the beginning of _Cayz_ grudge against the future Furies skipper when I requested to be banned from the board for a week. This lead to people thinking I had been permanently banned from the board, _Cayz_ had a melt down (one of many) and I was close to being delisted from the Furies.

Cayz melting at NaturalDisaster almost getting him SFA suspended:
tenor.gif

Due to a ban, I had to miss our next game against the Wolves (now Gumbies) and made my return Round 15 against the Hawks.

We would have been finalists that season, but a sim glitch in round 17 against the eventual premiers caused a game we had won to be re simmed. We needed a win to make the finals however the re sim decided to troll us by making the game a draw. We missed the finals in my first season.

Season 23 was my break out season off field starting off with a history breaking match thread against the Warriors which caused even more melt downs against the ever melty Cayz. I became one of our most active posters that season and eventually was named in the leadership group and future Furies Vice Captain.

Late that season, our Vice captain tgrs had signaled his intentions to leave at seasons end. This lead to a s**t fight with him and our captains Cayz and Sterge. Being the sooky little baby he was/is, _Cayz_ used me to spite tgrs by nominating me for all SFA over him. He never rated me as a poster or qooty player, he was just a spiteful, petty cry baby.

I was named Vice captain under Sterge for the Season 24 season. Season 24 was a s**t season for us off field as we struggled posting wise, our captains were considering retirement and at the time I signaled that I had no intention of being a captain, so we had basically no one to take over once Sterge had retired at seasons end. At the time I was seriously considering a move from the Furies considering every club including the Demons and the Royals. After much contemplation, I decided to stick with the Furies for one more season as it was believed we would struggle off field even more in S25.

S25 ended up being much different than we thought as we had posters return, some posters step up as we became the strongest, most active club posting wise. However, our leadership woes continued @31 21 premiers started as captain but bailed after a few weeks. Wacky Tiger then took over but became engrossed in his pr0n hub activities that he neglected his captains’ duties. I stood up and aggreed to lead the Furies from about mid Season 25 onwards. This was to much disdain of fellow Furies as I was punched in the neck, had tinnies thrown at me and was blamed for every loss we had. We didn’t have a bad season on field, but got eliminated from the finals by the Swamprats in the first week. That off season proved costly as we lost a very active poster in @managatang, ex captain _Cayz_ as well as JackNah_8, @31 21 premiers and tigland

Furies Season 25 mass exodus:
giphy.gif

Season 26 we are having a shaky season off field, as of last we had lost half our games. On field we started off fine, especially with the return of Sterge at his best. However, we lost a solid contributor in Helen Wheels, Wacky Tiger has gone AWOL and Sterge pissed off again after several weeks back. After Sterge left, we went back to S24 activity levels. My captaincy was called into question when rfctiger74 called an EGM asking me to step down from the Furies.

At first, I was defiant and refused to step down, however weeks of torment and abuse later, I knew it was time to move on, to spread my wings. rfctiger74 challenged me to a bet. If we lost to the bombers in R13, I would walk. If we beat the Bombers, he walked. Little did he know, I had already planned out my exit, I was gone win or lose.

Well, we lost to the Bombers, but the joke is on rfctiger74 as either way, I win, and Furies lose. Furies will be one poster less next season because, as of the end of this season (because I'm not a ******* squib who will bail on captaincy mid season), NaturalDisaster is done…As both a captain and a Fury. I have agreed to join another club in S27 and the Furies can go suck a big fat one.

NaturalDisaster walking away from the Furies:
HzpvWQk.gif

Oh haiiiiiiiii NaturalDisaster.

giphy.gif

This time you've been nommed for reals, and you deserve it.

5 Gold Stars. Overwhelming favourite.

how does this one rank friend?
Get ****** mate, sorry I like to engage with media and banter and have an interest in the league. It's enough to be more popular with your teammates than you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back