Official Bigfooty NBA week 1 thread, (The) - Jordan vs Lebron

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
My read is this is something of a gap year for LeBron. 2 of today’s starters are rentals - Rondo and Javale. Another starter Calwell-Pope is also in his last year and pretty much a rental. It seems they want to see which of the young players are any good, get LeBron settled, get another superstar or two and have a crack next year.

They might be pretty active trading mid season.

I am convinced Durant comes next season and that is why no superstars were signed this year. LeBron with Durant would be deadly.
wait, why would Durant leave the warriors?

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Ball is now the Lakers best 3 point shooter

What sort of timeline are we living in

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Imagine an Embiid or AD having a stat-line like Jokic tonight. Every sports show you could think of would have a field day....

Sad really

Has the media talked about how much Jokic should go to Boston or LA yet?

Coz that's all that happens when AD has a monster game

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
I do. Better to watch 3s than mid-rangers.

As a fan of a team somehow still playing a high-ratio mid-range game with a squad of poor mid-range shooters, give me extra threes any day.

Much rather watch teams that move the ball, look for weak players to exploit and find the open shot than garbage iso ball we were subjected to in the early 2000s.

Fair enough, i cannot agree though, what I love about the NBA is the fact that nearly every player has their own game (offensive strengths, go-to moves, spots on the floor, tendencies etc) and coachs build a unique offence around the players they have or vice-versa.
The more you watch the more you know know about players from Lebron to Afflalo or Meeks.

Really dangerous snipers or talls with range used to be special weapons not the standard

but now with everybody bombing 3s 10 seconds into the clock no matter if they are good at them or not, just as long as you put up 50 or so you should score 120.
its turned every game into a homogeneous repetitive battle or attrition.

Its pretty much killed post play, why bother with the poetic face up play of Marc Gasol or the back to the basket footwork or Al Jefferson when the likes of Dwight Powel and Kelly Olynyk we can just trade 3s over and over again.

its getting to the point were I want the 3pt line gone and thats really sad, but I see no other way this will only get worse, you cannot argue with the numbers.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
lol Sample size (and it was games against Brooklyn and Chicago), but Blake has started the season pretty solid... 29.5/10/5.5 while shooting better than 50% from the floor and 75% from 3s.

You won't hear much about him because he's not in LA anymore.

Bugger me, just saw Jokic's stat line in full.

Gotta be as close to a perfect game as you can get - 35 points on 11 shots, 11 assists & no turnovers :eek:

He is does it all in slow motion. Like Pendlebury. Must have a basketball background.

Must be nice being able to be a shite team and just sign the best players in the league to win rings

#freekickhawthorn

So many twists and turns in #spitgate

NBA is the best.
It’s a shame all the main culprits from the clippers tunnelgate game are gone considering rox are backing up with them.

It’s interesting watching how players react. Regardless of what happened to kick it off the fact Paul got involved pisses me off, you’re paid a fortune and now risk missing games for what? You then look at a team guy and the one guy who could beat anyone out there 1 on 1 in Tucker and all he does is try and defuse the situation and no jawing, LeBron is the same. Harden meanwhile is getting heat for not reacting to any of it, would much rather my star player stay out of it than look fake tough and be suspended, he knows he could kill Ingram so why risk it.

Back