Player Watch 2018 retirements and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Pederson would still have been good value for one more year

They must be really confident of nabbing Preuss as I’m pretty sure they delisted their other ruckman as well as Pedersen

Harsh on Sam Rowe

Was 8th in the b&f. They seem to be taking some hard(er) decisions now. Recruiting O'Shea, Mullett and Shaw and delisting them straight away (after 26 senior games between them) is an admission of a mistake.

Of 484 senior games played this year (22 x 22), Carlton departures played 109.

Last edited:
Harsh on Sam Rowe, also wouldn't be opposed to picking him up for nothing as depth (and giving him that bloody 100th game). Kerridge and Graham also used to be somewhat serviceable, which just shows how far Carlton have slipped in their botched rebuild.

Wright was apparently pushed out rather than retiring under his own free will as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are a couple of injuries away from being putting out one of the least competitive sides the AFL has ever seen imo.
They are bordering on Melbourne 2013 territory and I don’t say that lightly

Mark Baguley, after what was a great season in reality, looks set to be delisted and re-rookied. Would have to be one of the oldest, if not THE oldest...rookie listed player ever. Pretty bloody stiff.

Not sure anyone can beat our 2017 extra-mature age rookie Drew Petrie.

Harsh on Sam Rowe, also wouldn't be opposed to picking him up for nothing as depth (and giving him that bloody 100th game)
The 100th game needs to be against Carlton then.

Drew Petrie really should have retired after beating his old team in rnd1. Would have been a nice:

Get delisted. Join the team that plays his old team in rnd1. Win that game. Retire. What a statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back