Why do we have to suffer AFLW on Fox 504?

Remove this Banner Ad

zucchini

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shouldn't the AFLW have their own channel if they really want to build their brand?

Why must the only AFL dedicated footy channel televise this sub standard form of the game instead of putting up some real football?

They seem to be having an AFLW feast at the moment, horrible to watch.

I love girls/ladies/women, but their standard of footy is hopeless and cringeworthy to watch.

The sooner the AFL realise this and abandon this doomed experiment the better.

Fox and Seven have in their eyes already done enough for AFLW.

Aflw has its place and its in February when we are all so footy starved we will accept any form of it be it W or even X and enjoy it. To have it on in October after a September of intense finals is a letdown for a channel surfer like myself

Shouldn't the AFLW have their own channel if they really want to build their brand?

Why must the only AFL dedicated footy channel televise this sub standard form of the game instead of putting up some real football?

They seem to be having an AFLW feast at the moment, horrible to watch.

I love girls/ladies/women, but their standard of footy is hopeless and cringeworthy to watch.

The sooner the AFL realise this and abandon this doomed experiment the better.
You really seem to be hedging your bets with this post.

On the one hand, you are scathing of the AFLW with your title (i.e. "suffering through" it), and call it cringeworthy.

Then you pull back and actually try to make it seem like you really care about it, and care about them building their own brand.

I'm hardly the type of person who gets triggered over these sorts of things, but how about you tell us how you really feel.

You really seem to be hedging your bets with this post.

On the one hand, you are scathing of the AFLW with your title (i.e. "suffering through" it), and call it cringeworthy.

Then you pull back and actually try to make it seem like you really care about it, and care about them building their own brand.

I'm hardly the type of person who gets triggered over these sorts of things, but how about you tell us how you really feel.
What planet do you come from?

I hate it, cannot you understand that

How the * did you deduce that I really cared about it?

It is absolute rubbish and if people had to pay admission it would be family and friends only.

And even they would soon tire of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What planet do you come from?

I hate it, cannot you understand that

How the **** did you deduce that I really cared about it?

It is absolute rubbish and if people had to pay admission it would be family and friends only.

And even they would soon tire of it.
Calm down, it's just the internet.

'I love ladies/women/girls, but their standard of footy is hopeless and cringeworthy to watch.'

Spoken like a true misogynist lol. Maybe give them a few more years of professional development before you start wiping out years of progress for their league, just because of your own personal biases.

I doubt the men played that well back in 1897.

1. There's not exactly a lot else they can put on besides replaying the finals series or draft talk. And a lot of those games weren't great, and there's only so much draft talk to put on.

2. If you want live sport, watch the NFL, or ice hockey, or NBA, or cricket. There's not a dearth of live sport right now

3. If it matters this much to you, just don't watch it. Nobody is making you watch it. Put on a movie, or an old game if you want.

Matches not worthy of replaying.

Can't see myself grabbing the popcorn to enjoy a three goal apiece AFLW shootout over summer.

You won't have to either. No one 'has to suffer' through AFLW on fox in October as the title of this thread seems to suggest

'I love ladies/women/girls, but their standard of footy is hopeless and cringeworthy to watch.'

Spoken like a true misogynist lol. Maybe give them a few more years of professional development before you start wiping out years of progress for their league, just because of your own personal biases.

Professional development?

Have you ever heard the saying "you can't make strawberry jam out of pig s**t"?

I'm guessing you have a secret recipe.

If you can’t find something better to do then complain about a replay of AFLW games on during the off-season where they have to fill thousands of hours of TV time with replays of some sort then I think you better find something else you enjoy.
Really?

Well put the bloody under 12s on, we can all have a crack at spotting a future star.

Better standard.

1. There's not exactly a lot else they can put on besides replaying the finals series or draft talk. And a lot of those games weren't great, and there's only so much draft talk to put on.

2. If you want live sport, watch the NFL, or ice hockey, or NBA, or cricket. There's not a dearth of live sport right now

3. If it matters this much to you, just don't watch it. Nobody is making you watch it. Put on a movie, or an old game if you want.
Sensible post, thankyou for your reply informative and energetic.

Much appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back