VFL VFL 2019

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just hope in 2019 as a club things happen with our VFL side.
1. We get a good draw.
2. Hopefully we get to watch the VFL side play before the AFL @ Marvel,Punt Rd or the MCG.
3.Seeing potential new players in the VFL side to be added to the AFL list in 2020.
4.Hopefully not seeing draft picks left to rot in the VFL for the whole season.
5.The old guard of the club to play games in the VFL EG:Thompson,McMillan,Wright.
6.Play Finals.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2. Hopefully we get to watch the VFL side play before the AFL @ Marvel,Punt Rd or the MCG.

The real problem is the game doesn't roll into the AFL game beforehand, its like 3 hours before the AFL game starts because of some pre-match ritual ballyhoo or something.

It'd be nice if the games were back to back, otherwise you'd have to get to the stadium super early.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
We really need to bring someone above bard - like a head of football , a former legendary coach (pagan)

I'd just about give up chasing Gaff if we were to get a Balme-like figure into the club who could be the steady head running the football department. He's an old fart whose game day philosophy and training methods are out-dated but he knows the basics of the game backwards, but even symbolically Pagan would be awesome. What we've learned in the past few years is that you don't need the most talented list - you just need a group with talent, good structures around them and a willingness to row together. Brad has never had an elder statesman guide him through his job. Pagan is 71yo but he's surely got something to offer even on a part time basis.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The real problem is the game doesn't roll into the AFL game beforehand, its like 3 hours before the AFL game starts because of some pre-match ritual ballyhoo or something.

It'd be nice if the games were back to back, otherwise you'd have to get to the stadium super early.

That's right. As we all know every football supporter would rather watch a race to kick a giant inflated football for a goal between the club mascot and some guy who had to spin around 15 times instead of an actual match.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

A Saturday arvo at Arden St followed by a Sat night st Docklands would go alright.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any changes to coaching lineup for the VFL team next year ? i wouldn't be against it tbh.
Maybe go after Gary Ayres a Premiership Coach at VFL level and Ex AFL Coach could bring new excitement to the VFL team by being back at an AFL club.
But with Loader his part of the boys club so he stays as coach.
As for players would love Waite to stay to help and help the VFL side but I think his off to play with Boomer at North Heildeberg.
But we do need Ex AFL players to help our VFL side out.

In what way is the VFL coaching lacking? Or are you just a bit bored?
No particular knock on Loader, but has he played at the highest level ? if so, i can't remember him at all. I would like to see someone more recently out of the game who has senior coaching aspirations, and maybe a bit of experience at a different club, but no big deal if the song remains the same.

Would be good to see BS get down and watch a game or 2. Clarko and others are spotted at games all the time.

I went twice and he was there once. The other time the seniors played interstate...

Pretty sure he goes when he’s in town and we don’t have a game on so not sure what this post is trying to imply.

My little mate is fit and raring to go. After a few weeks with new kids size 13 boots scuffing the floorboards and ruining the carpet, he has finally got some Adidas size 11's that might be right for the new season. He is currently sporting size 8 feet :) I managed to find some extra junior footy socks , he proudly stuffs my mouthguard into his gob and runs through the lounge taking speccies! He has just learnt the art of rolling socks into a ball that is plenty good for kicking and each weekend he plasters himself in bandaids so he can look like CJ, who was sporting arm, shoulder and head bandages in the last game. :)

I have this as our best 22 to start round 1 in the AFL. Hopefully McKay pushes his way in, Walker pushes out Turner, and then LDU and Garner also force their way in as the year goes on. But will start in the VFL IMO.

B EVW Taz Williams
HB Jmac Thompson Daw
C Polec Jacobs Higgins
HF Hall Wood Ziebell
F Turner Brown Simpkin
R Goldy Cunners Ahern
B Anderson Tyson Dumont McDonald

Which gives us:
B Watson McKay Pittard
HB Murphy Durdin Wright
C Thomas LDU Atley
HF Hrovat Xerri Garner
F Zurhaar Larkey ?????
R ???? Hayden Scott

So yeah, love the amount of experience and talent outside the best 22. Grab a small forward and a new ruck/key forward (depending on what role we see Xerri playing) and we're set.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have this as our best 22 to start round 1 in the AFL. Hopefully McKay pushes his way in, Walker pushes out Turner, and then LDU and Garner also force their way in as the year goes on. But will start in the VFL IMO.

B EVW Taz Williams
HB Jmac Thompson Daw
C Polec Jacobs Higgins
HF Hall Wood Ziebell
F Turner Brown Simpkin
R Goldy Cunners Ahern

Which gives us:
B Watson McKay Pittard
HB Murphy Durdin Wright
C Thomas LDU Atley
HF Hrovat Xerri Garner
F Zurhaar Larkey ?????
R ???? Hayden Scott

So yeah, love the amount of experience and talent outside the best 22. Grab a small forward and a new ruck/key forward (depending on what role we see Xerri playing) and we're set.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

B EVW Taz Williams
HB Jmac Thompson Daw
C Polec Jacobs Higgins
HF Hall Wood Ziebell
F Turner Brown Simpkin
R Goldy Cunners Ahern

Which gives us:
B Watson McKay Pittard
HB Murphy Durdin Wright
C Thomas LDU Atley
HF Hrovat Xerri Garner
F Zurhaar Larkey ?????
R ???? Hayden Scott

You have Thompson in what you say will start round 1...

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McDonald ,McMillan and Thompson to start in VFL please if this club is serious put McKay Thomas and LDU in these players are the future unlike the 2 of the 3 player named above only McDonald if form warrants it should play in the AFL

Back