Seeya later Tommy, Cam and Brady

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
People seem to ignore that Grey plays equally as rubbish as Ballantyne did when the team sucked yet also ignore the fact Ballantyne kicked multiple goals on multiple occasions this year. Grey has never kicked more than two in his life. The games against Carlton and Collingwood late in the year showed me Ballantyne still offers a bit when when the team is going ok. He’s far from perfect but the way our fans have turned on perhaps the best small forward in the clubs history is disgusting.

Its a good point re: Ballas and definitely had ballas ahead of Grey but I would have kept Sheridan over Ballas tbh. Obviously being a small forward is a tough gig when your team is getting flogged.

Barrysballs

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Strnadica had more long-term worth that Jones, Meek and Apeness. I get the position the club is in but I think it was worth copping the ruck/forward surplus for a year and chopping 2/3 out of those guys next year.
I haven't seen him play so can't comment on his playing. You would think they are choosing the ones with the most upside if they come good. I think i would keep anyone else over Jones, but if your reading this Jones please please please prove me wrong

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
That was three very classy posts there from those guys on their delisting.
I thought Sutcllffe was a smooth mover from the first day I saw him, 100 games from a guy picked around 70 in the draft was nothing to sneeze at.
Sheridan and Grey were on borrowed time it seems but I agree with Stronzo , I would have rather both of them stay and delist Ballas.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I would’ve rather hang on to tommy and delist Bennell. So if Harley doesn’t come good next year we’ve fukt up big time.
Not really, we just saved 100K or so in the cap compared to sacking the guy with a contract. Both will be gone in 12 months anyway. Tommy doesn't have the tools or the mongrel, Bennell doesn't have the body or attitude.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Hard to see the Suns picking him up. If Barlow isn't good enough for them then Sheridan is a long way from it.

Sadly my main memory of him will be that catastrophic error he made in the last quarter in the prelim v Hawthorn. In saying that I was a little surprised he was delisted, I thought he was OK in the second half of the year. There are a few i'd get rid of before Sheridan.
Gold Coast suns are a rabble.
And Strnadcia.

Surely a victim of circumstance, reckon he had far more upside than Apeness.
Seriously? Is that because of rookie list rules? Surely we ll re rookie

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
Strnadica has been delisted as well as reported on the Dockers website. I hope he gets rookied back to us in the Rookie draft as he has a lot of upside and he was in a limited number of games equal highest goalkicker with Gerard Ugle for the 2017 season in the Peel League team.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Strnadica has been delisted as well as reported on the Dockers website. I hope he gets rookied back to us in the Rookie draft as he has a lot of upside and he was in a limited number of games equal highest goalkicker with Gerard Ugle for the 2017 in the Peel League team.
Bloody hope so. He’s definitely a positive developmental talent.
I mean sure we have a load of talls, but Lobb/Darcy are the main two. Then Sandi has one year left in him. Jones and Meek won’t make AFL, at this stage. Apeness is a wildcard

So really it’s: Darcy, Lobb, Sandi then a big drop off. Nads can break in next season and after that too.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Its a good point re: Ballas and definitely had ballas ahead of Grey but I would have kept Sheridan over Ballas tbh. Obviously being a small forward is a tough gig when your team is getting flogged.

Can’t say I disagree with that. Sheridan played some good games this year and can consider himself slightly unlucky.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
I really don't remember these guys being as good as some people believe.
While no wanting to down play the roles they played, none of them were ever going to set the world on fire.
Of the three, I reckon Grey gave more than the others though he played less games.
With the selections from last year, and a good section of picks to come this year, some had to go.
If any others were under pressure I don't know who they are.I know Bennell is one , but he has been contracted.Some say Jones is lucky. He is contracted.
Strnadica is unlucky that we have selected so many talls or ruckmen .But he was on the rookie list for two years, didn't crack a game.
Some players have to go, these four were the unlucky ones this year.There will be unlucky ones next year.

Beak_A

All Australian
Dec 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tommy S had a few highlights and some glaring lowlights. Played some ok footy this year. Great team man by all accounts, all the best Tommy.

Cam S played 100+ games for Freo, no mean feat. Thought his 2013 season was his best. Good luck Cam.

Always been a Brady Grey fan. Recruited as an all round sportsman for his toughness and character at a time when GWS concessions meant a lot of the skilled footballers were already taken. Gave his all and never took a backward step. One of those guys that makes the opposition look around to see where he is coz when he hits he makes it stick. Loved seeing Ross put him onto gagf after he broke ABs jaw. Quality young man. Good luck mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Crozier, Sutcliffe and Sheridan ...

what can you say?

Lachie Neale?
(Hogan and Lobb)

Also Crozier became Luke Ryan, didn't he? So while the class of 2011 is no longer with us, we had a decent return in number of games played, and in what we traded in for them.

Sutty was also auto B22 in 2013-15, can't complain about that.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Sherro was and remained one of those enigma type players. He had the bits an pieces to be better than he showed, but the head, hands, feed and whatever else never seemed to be in it all together and, with that, he never really found a place on the field where his skills could be maximised. Thought his more forward of the ball role he had this year suited best of all and it might get him another year at least - not to be obviously.

Grey I'm a bit sad about because, even if people don't rate his skills, he was a joy to watch - and when you're regularly watching us lose by 10+ goals, anything that entertains on the field is a relief.

But would he honestly be best 22 in the sort of finalist side we hope to be? Probably not, so fair enough to see him go, but still ...

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
They said at the time they were drafting with a view towards the AFL heavily restricting rotations - that didn't impact as much as expected so the otherwise vanilla elite runners had their wings clipped.
That sounds like they were trying to be too clever tbh.

It just didn’t make sense to draft Pitt, Sheridan, Crozier and Simpson one after the other in the first round. Considering we could have had Darling in 2010, then taken those flankers in the subsequent draft, what was the thinking behind gorging solely on outside mids and flankers, especially in light of our ageing KPP stars McPharlin and Pavlich?

Suffice to say, I’m glad Bond and Lloyd are gone.

Back