Discussion NAFL 2018-19 Premiership Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

alright what do the people want!
Network Ten because it fits the whole aesthetic with the map and ladder. Foxtel because Optus couldn't organise a calendar.
It's your thing, do whatever the stuff you want.

I'm showing my age now, but I'd love to see it on Channel 7 on a Friday night, two games on Channel 10 (arvo and night) on Saturday, then another on Sunday on Seven, just for the nostalgic vibes (if you're wondering how I'm showing my age, I think calling the mid-late 00's nostalgic explains it).

Except make all the games live, not just the blockbusters. It'll need this intro:

which will be proceeded by 'Before the NAFL' at 6:30pm. 'The NAFL Show' will start at 9:30pm on Thursday and actually be funny, and 'NAFL Flashbacks' will be on at 2pm each Sunday.

Commentary will be Bruce and Dennis on Seven. Huddo, Quarters and Michael Christian will spearhead Channel 10. Dwayne Russell and BT will broadcast the leftover Foxtel games

Ahhhh, those were the days!

I can officially announce the NAFL Broadcast Deals for the next 2 NAFL and NAFL Reserves Seasons
upload_2018-10-22_20-41-37.png
upload_2018-10-22_20-42-1.png

Details will be posted in its own thread to begin my project!

From previous history, not.
How about the only history that matters, recent?

When one team lost in Week 1, the other team defeated one of the powerhouses of last season and moved on to the semis. But don't let that stop you from thinking your capital has the better team! ;) #selectivememory
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.51.50 pm.png

Ladder after Round One

ua6jkA0.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tough not to feel for Don_Kay after the first three rounds, roughest draw to start a season, especially with such a niche design. Looking forward to the mid-season bounce back though, still expecting Brunswick to make the eight.

tough not to feel for Don_Kay after the first three rounds, roughest draw to start a season, especially with such a niche design. Looking forward to the mid-season bounce back though, still expecting Brunswick to make the eight.
....After an 0-4 start :cool:

Parliament to Bring Back Infamous ACT Heritage Design
"In the early 1920s, the Australian Capital Territory state football team wanted their own distinct identity that would not clash with New South Wales, so they decided on the colours royal blue and white. In what they thought was revolutionary for the time, they decided on using chamois reinforcing for the white fabric design and wool for the royal. Also to complete this look was a pocket, with an embroidered ACT silhouette. It took them only a matter of games to realise that Carlton were the pioneers of this chamois idea, however that was not the worst news. Much like the Blues' fabric, their jumpers had turned cream! The embarrassment was not lost by their rivals, mocking and taunting them at every chance they could in New South Wales' 1922 demolition of the ACT by 17 points". - The Canberran Bugle, October 30th, 2018
#HeritageRound #sNAFLupagus​

Last edited:
I know this sounds extremely stupid but... what does NAFL stand for...?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

National Australian Football League. According to the first ever NAFL (which I believe was in 2010) it was designed to be an alternate-history style competition

National Australian Football League. According to the first ever NAFL (which I believe was in 2010) it was designed to be an alternate-history style competition
Ahhh okay. I thought it would stand for something funny like "Not Actual Football League" or something

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not the only one who reads it in their head as “naffle”, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back