Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

On the topic of woolens'. I tracked down the manufacturer of the licensed woolen jumpers you see around nowadays, and got him to replicate one of these bad boys..
60216-st-kilda-1966-50th-anniversary-long-sleeve-woollen-guernsey-2000.jpg
The club released them for the 50th anniversary of the 66' premiership, but I found out too late to order one. I got number 27 put on the back for good measure.

Hawks sublimated some in 2012, but they were retails, seemingly for the memorabilia pieces had they won. Pretty sure every other team has used the heat pressed ones though for the actual games. Surely it’d be too tight a turn around to get a whole set printed from prelim final win, to be ready for the GF?

Melbourne has sublimated guernseys in 2000. Brisbane & Collingwood both were sublimated in 2002

Hawks sublimated some in 2012, but they were retails, seemingly for the memorabilia pieces had they won. Pretty sure every other team has used the heat pressed ones though for the actual games. Surely it’d be too tight a turn around to get a whole set printed from prelim final win, to be ready for the GF?

Yeah Hawks 2012 were sublimated players jumpers as were the Pies in 2010 and 2011. In all those games the opposition were heat pressed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a super quick turn around time to whip up a couple sets of sublimated GF guernseys within about 4 days.

ie - I have a Collingwood 2002 GF Guernsey, it’s quite poor quality in certain parts , whether or not adidas rushed making them maybe.

Adidas and Puma probably have/had the resources and sheer size to be able to whip up a batch in time for the Grand Final, even if they were delivered Friday night/Saturday morning. Compared to their opponents wearing ISC and Russell Athletic, these manufactures presumably would not be capable of churning out the jumpers (although ISC did do the PB in three days in 2014)

Even then, the heat pressed jumpers seemed to be of a fantastic quality. The logo and the 3D effect takes time to print effectively, there's no unpeeling the back and just slapping them on happening in the warehouses

Actually, now that I think of it, heat pressing has come along way. I had 35 heat pressed into a retail jumper that I wear to games and the quality is incredible. Doesn't feel sticky or shiny, blends in completely to the jumper when rubbing your hands over the two surfaces. I compare it to the Nike screen printing in the late '90s-early 00's (although I've never seen one in person - someone else may be able to shed some light)

Yeah Hawks 2012 were sublimated players jumpers as were the Pies in 2010 and 2011. In all those games the opposition were heat pressed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sydney were also sublimated in 2012.

bvcp5scr-1411360619.jpg

bvcp5scr-1411360619.jpg
This is one situation where heat pressed trumps sublimation for me, the weight of the heat pressed logo and the shine on the AFL logo give the jumper a prestigious feel which works perfectly for the Grand Final.

First time I've seen this thread, let's get cracking then.

West Coast Eagles:
- 2006 away guernsey (at my parents house somewhere, no idea where it is)
- 2013 away guernsey (first year that they returned to having no white outline around the wings, numbers still had an outline)
- 2017 indigenous guernsey
- 2017 farewell Subiaco Oval guernsey
- 2018 tracksuit
- 2018 Premiers guernsey

Perth Glory
- 2014 home kit (return to all purple design)

Arsenal
- 2011/12 125th anniversary away kit
- 2x 2012/14 home kit (this home kit was used for 12/13 and 13/14, last Arsenal home kit made by Nike)
- 2015/16 third kit
- 2016/17 home kit
- 2017/18 third kit
- 2017/18 European training kit

Real Madrid
- 2014/15 third kit (black with dragon graphic)

Perth Scorchers
- 2015/16 BBL 05 kit

Cricket Australia
- 2017/18 training shirt
- 2017/18 training singlet

L.A Lakers
- Hardwood Classics Bryant #8 home jersey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More on the topic of grand final logos / patches. It seems that the eagles memorabilia piece from this season, has the same sublimated GF logo as the Richmond one from last year, which is clearly not the same as the real ones. Anyone have any idea why?? Im thinking some sort of AFL conspiracy to make sure they’re not exact copies of the real ones?? Could also be laziness and the designers not being as anal about tiny details on footy jumpers as we are :D
73993B5F-D83E-461B-9728-F7BAA3CA6E2C.jpeg
570D5910-6299-43A4-9763-830090108C63.png

More on the topic of grand final logos / patches. It seems that the eagles memorabilia piece from this season, has the same sublimated GF logo as the Richmond one from last year, which is clearly not the same as the real ones. Anyone have any idea why?? Im thinking some sort of AFL conspiracy to make sure they’re not exact copies of the real ones?? Could also be laziness and the designers not being as anal about tiny details on footy jumpers as we are :D
View attachment 578424
View attachment 578425

I think it's a combination of both
a) cheaper for the manufacturers/AFL/consumers
b) keeps the real, heat pressed GF logos extra special compared to the retail versions

They look terrible. Pretty much the only reason I’d buy one would be for the genuine GF patch. The Richmond ones look like the replicas that were on eBay a while back. I figured someone had them made up as a copy, but maybe they came from the same place as these do?

Hi guys. Need some advice. Won this eagles jersey on eBay for 340 plus postage. Haven’t paid the guy yet. Only thing that has caught my attention is the eagle symbol on the chest. I google searched images of 1996 jerseys and couldn’t find one that looked the same. Pretty sure the eagle should be the same as the letters below, in other words no white outline. I’m thinking this has had a new eagles patch sewn on. Also this jersey has white lines from centre of chest down to hip Level. This wasn’t on player jerseys either?? Can I get ur opinions? Photos below of the jersey and also of images of jerseys worn in 1996 by eagles for comparison. Thanks

upload_2018-10-27_11-25-36.jpeg

upload_2018-10-27_11-26-55.png

upload_2018-10-27_11-27-33.jpeg

upload_2018-10-27_11-28-15.jpeg

Hi guys. Need some advice. Won this eagles jersey on eBay for 340 plus postage. Haven’t paid the guy yet. Only thing that has caught my attention is the eagle symbol on the chest. I google searched images of 1996 jerseys and couldn’t find one that looked the same. Pretty sure the eagle should be the same as the letters below, in other words no white outline. I’m thinking this has had a new eagles patch sewn on. Also this jersey has white lines from centre of chest down to hip Level. This wasn’t on player jerseys either?? Can I get ur opinions? Photos below of the jersey and also of images of jerseys worn in 1996 by eagles for comparison. Thanks

View attachment 579045

View attachment 579046

View attachment 579047

View attachment 579048

The Dynamo 'Eagles' looks like it's been heat pressed into the jumper after purchase. Is it possible the jumper is a 1995 away with`the 'Eagles' being the fake/aftermarket part? It's also a different shade of yellow compare to the wings and the eagle head (which are the same yellow)

View attachment 579045

View attachment 579046

View attachment 579047

View attachment 579048

It is not a player issue if that is what you are asking... we never wore a collar. Only retails have the collar.

The eagles head is all wrong too - the full white outline like that came in 1996 when jumpers were subliminated not wool. Also 1996 should have centenary badge...

No eagles word in 1996 - last year we had the word 'eagles' was 1994 on wool jumpers. 1995 had the messy eagles head - so this jumper is part 1994, part 1996.

It seems to be a mixture of different years on the one jumper - been done after the fact and probably recently.... Aka the seller (or someone else) has added the eagles logo and word to a retail sekem.

Last edited:
Yeah I know its not a player issue. It’s def retail, but wasn’t sure if the eagles logo came out like this back in the day. It looks to me like it has been sewn on. Thanks for ur input.

Yeah I know its not a player issue. It’s def retail, but wasn’t sure if the eagles logo came out like this back in the day. It looks to me like it has been sewn on. Thanks for ur input.
Sekem had too many jumpers left over for the 94-95-96 Changover so they updated the retails with the new white outlined eagle head. They also added white cord to the yellow/blue borders.

I can guarantee you that if you feel through the eagle head logo there will be a felt 1994 style logo underneath that is easy to expose if you unpick the “patch” over it.

The eagles wording is near impossible to remove without leaving glue residue so it was left behind

2012 is the only Grand Final since the current GF logo that has had both sides wearing sublimated logos.

They should do it every year. As cool as the 3D heat pressed patch is, it coming off and getting damaged is rubbish and it's cool having guernseys that are made specifically for the big game.

SELLING!!1!!!11!
MagpieNato's Player Issue Burger Kings Basketball jersey :p

Nothing below $250 :cool:

My newest addition to the collection:

44886064_309920096262616_1969063319180410880_n.jpg 44940915_494822307698928_5983024086257762304_n.jpg

Anyway, so me and a handful of my work colleagues at Hungry Jack's have made a basketball team. Jersey just came in last week and wow I am in love with that font. Also I am proud to announce that it was I, Magpienato, who came up with the ingenious name of Burger Kings. Probably got a lawsuit on our hands down the track but I love it.

Jerseys were from madcore.com.au if anyone was interested but they have some good stuff, designs are good, relatively cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back