Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 3!

What do you think the Crows should do with their Picks?

• Don't vote for that one above either (or this one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
GC could pick the 2nd King up with pick #6, allowing them to pick one of the SA guns like Rankine with pick 2/3 with Max King.

Just a question of how they want to build their side.

I would have thought getting 2 brothers together makes it less likely to lose them given their retension issues.

I have no idea what GC strategy will be or which players are a flight risk, but purely on whether I think they will be quality players in the afl, the twins are better prospects than luko for me.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lukosius, Rankine, wank, wank, wank, cum all over the BigFooty walls everywhere, scarcity biases, confirmation biases, and any other logical fallacy you could think of and lets all have circle jerk and sell the farm for two unknowns just because they're South Australian. Good luck to them, but the chances of them even making AA (let alone becoming our next Mark Ricciuto) is about 9.5%. Stop wanking and start thinking. No certainties to be A grade AFL players and happy for other teams to get them and see what we can get with our quality picks.

OK. Ignoring my personal views, let’s take this a little further and accept everything you’re saying as gospel

If that’s the case, why wouldn’t those who hold the picks be doubly keen to trade out their high picks for more chances?

Surely Gold Coast would be beating down our door?

I have no idea what GC strategy will be or which players are a flight risk, but purely on whether I think they will be quality players in the afl, the twins are better prospects than luko for me.
Yes, If I were Gold Coast, reckon I would pick the twins & Rozee with the 1st 3 picks, with a view to the long term.

I'd just take the best 3 players and concentrate on changing the culture
Do you think we would have lost Brad Crouch if it were not for Matt Crouch?

Personally I think there would have been a good chance after screwing up his injury management.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you think we would have lost Brad Crouch if it were not for Matt Crouch?

Personally I think there would have been a good chance after screwing up his injury management.
If we had rodney eade as head coach I'd think we would have lost both of them injuries or no injuries

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Yes, If I were Gold Coast, reckon I would pick the twins & Rozee with the 1st 3 picks, with a view to the long term.

I would be taking Luko and Rozee, then trading down to 8 or 9 for Hately and using their picks in the twenties for Valente and McLennan.

A core group of South Australians to build the future around, all who know each other and have been part of a winning setup. Hately and Rozee are ready to go and with Valente, potentially great leaders.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
If that happens, will the Saints be willing to trade pick 8 and 13 or 18 for pick 4 given they don't have an early 2nd rounder and their target M.King is gone, I think they would.

I’d give 8 & 16 & 21
That's up with your trade JJ for Vickery or don't threaten to match Danger & just take the FA compo.

You claim to be a good negotiator, but this is difficult if you are a poor decision maker...

I would be taking Luko and Rozee, then trading down to 8 or 9 for Hately and using their picks in the twenties for Valente and McLennan.

A core group of South Australians to build the future around, all who know each other and have been part of a winning setup. Hately and Rozee are ready to go and with Valente, potentially great leaders.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Then we make sure the Crows have a treasure trove of draft picks in 2 years time. ;)

Thank the saints and no thanks. 3 1st round picks for a rookie. Dylan Shiel went for 2 1st rounds.
+1

Its a great point you raised.

Shiel is a blue chip elite mid. He only 2 1sts. How the f**k can we pay three 1sts for unproven talent at AFL level.

FFS Look at what Danger cost the Cats. Beans.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
NOT EVEN REMOTELY INTERESTED !!! .......If Dangerfield were on our list now & being traded, he wouldn't command those picks

Well at the moment we only have two spots available on our list so unless we decide to move on Cheney or Signarello then four picks inside 21 holds no real value for us.

It also depends too on how much they rate those SA boys, I would have no problem with the club taking a risk if they club felt that one of the SA boys were worth it.

Being conservative is great if the list requires it, but the club's stance at the moment with the list seems to indicate that the club might be looking for quality more than quantity.

Jun 6, 2007
Footy Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well at the moment we only have two spots available on our list so unless we decide to move on Cheney or Signarello then four picks inside 21 holds no real value for us.

It also depends too on how much they rate those SA boys, I would have no problem with the club taking a risk if they club felt that one of the SA boys were worth it.

Being conservative is great if the list requires it, but the club's stance at the moment with the list seems to indicate that the club might be looking for quality more than quantity.

Signorello has been moved on. Delisted tonight.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

We have 5 picks,
The main list of 35 and 4 rookies with Cheney and Hunter left to sign.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reckon Gold Coast will go on an SA raid, They will take Luko, Rankine, Rozee (as Port will take Smith) and McLennan
I'd be happy with Hatley. He seems to have lots of upside, doesn't appear to be as trained as Rozee, so might have more upside

Those in the know, keen to hear your thoughts

He'll want to pull his finger out pronto because to this point he's not shaping like a player that's a certainty to get another contract, far from it at this point. I was quite bullish about his prospects when we drafted him but he's certainly not come on as expected, just doesn't seem to have the inside game someone of his stature should have and he's not shown enough athletically at this point to suggest he could make it as a medium forward.

Yup, it's very much make or break for Poholke, hopefully the AFL taster he got has given him an idea of the level he needs to be at. Then just hope the extra fitness allows his tools to develop into something usable at the bottom end of a midfield rotation.

I wouldn't say those odds are in his favor either. Probably odds on to be delisted if anything currently.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I'd be happy with Hatley. He seems to have lots of upside, doesn't appear to be as trained as Rozee, so might have more upside

Those in the know, keen to hear your thoughts
Knows how to get the ball and is a Goal Kicker. I like his off the ball work both defensive and attacking side of the ball along with his instinctive positioning/leading when playing Forward. Give him a few years/preseason and he will break the lines from the centre and kick goals in the AFL
I like him But I am biased being from the Barossa and a Centrals supporter. Also seen him play live more than the Other 3

Back