News Dean Brogan part time ruck coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it wrong to be worried about this appointment purely from the perspective of having a bunch of mates together on the coaching panel?

I don't want comfortable, I want on edge. Great players ≠ great coaches (necessarily).

Getting a big part of the 2004 flag back. Chad Cornes, Brett Montgomery and Jarrad Schofield will now be joined by Dean Brogan.

perhaps they should don the guernsey

Is it wrong to be worried about this appointment purely from the perspective of having a bunch of mates together on the coaching panel?

I don't want comfortable, I want on edge. Great players ≠ great coaches (necessarily).
Really? A bit of hyperbole! They were team mates once, but have lived/played/coached in separate states for over 12 years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if he'll have to sit in a chair when talking to the mids (I'm assuming a ruck coach will have involvement with midfielders re positioning etc) as he's quite tall, will they be able to hear his instructions clearly if he is standing up?

... i wonder if the new ruck rules have had a hand is this?
Given me moved Lade and Greaves on before the new ruck rules were even announced I would say no.

If the abolition of the Primus rule was the reason for bringing in a new ruck coach maybe we should have brought in Primus. o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back