Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t Chris Johnson’s son in the Essendon NGA?
How the son of a triple premiership player,living in Melbourne can be included in an NGA is beyond me.
For real?? If that is the case, that is absolutely disgraceful.
Would it upset you to know we have a couple father son brothers in Gold Coasts academy?

North have lost father son prospect Nick Blakey to Sydney, because he is in their academy. Bailey Scott, another North father son prospect is in the Gold Coast academy, but opted for North over Gold Coast.

Wonder if we can keep Hodgey on as an assistant coach for the next 12 years to get his boys through our academy.

Would it upset you to know we have a couple father son brothers in Gold Coasts academy?

North have lost father son prospect Nick Blakey to Sydney, because he is in their academy. Bailey Scott, another North father son prospect is in the Gold Coast academy, but opted for North over Gold Coast.

Wonder if we can keep Hodgey on as an assistant coach for the next 12 years to get his boys through our academy.

Entirely different thing, and you know it.

Entirely different thing, and you know it.
No disrespect, but I don't get where you're coming from.

Is it just because Chris Johnsons kids are of indigenous heritage, and that's the only reason they are in Essendon's academy.

How is it different that one clubs father son kids are in another academy because of location compared to ancestry. The fact is they're in another teams academy.

One of our 2019 academy kids quite the Lions academy and is playing for his local team up the Sunshine coast. He'll still be eligible for the draft next year. Don't tell me Chris Johnsons kids don't have that option to them, to quit Essendon's academy and play for their local TAC cup team, or which ever local team.

Same with Will Ashcroft down the Coast. There's any number of QAWFL or NEAFL clubs he could be playing for, rather than in the Suns academy.

The bigger issues with the NGA system is whether it is actually increasing development/investment in those from multi-cultural/indigenous backgrounds. Based on Michael Gleeson's story earlier this year, it seems like it is currently mainly leading to victorian clubs examining family trees of TAC cup players - which is very different from the real investment being made by GC, Brisbane, Syd and GWS (particularly now that the riverina zone has been phased out).

The bigger issues with the NGA system is whether it is actually increasing development/investment in those from multi-cultural/indigenous backgrounds. Based on Michael Gleeson's story earlier this year, it seems like it is currently mainly leading to victorian clubs examining family trees of TAC cup players - which is very different from the real investment being made by GC, Brisbane, Syd and GWS (particularly now that the riverina zone has been phased out).

This is what I alluded too in my reply to briztoon. The NGA academies were supposed to identify ethnic/indigenous background kids that were not involved with aussie rules. not cherry pick talent because of 1 parents heritage. The f/s eligable kids in northern academies are ther because that is where they grew up. Totally different.

This is what I alluded too in my reply to briztoon. The NGA academies were supposed to identify ethnic/indigenous background kids that were not involved with aussie rules. not cherry pick talent because of 1 parents heritage. The f/s eligable kids in northern academies are ther because that is where they grew up. Totally different.

Which is why GWS having sole access to the Riverina was questionable. This is an area where the best footy juniors get scholarships to Melbourne private schools.

The NGA shouldn’t be applicable to metropolitan indigenous or European players as these people are in all likelihood entrenched in footy culture anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well they should.

I knew someone who reckoned that this Thread should keep on going forever

Poor bastard got hit by a bus the other day

I don't have a bus licence any more

Best call of the day, albeit only 26 minutes in (Victorian boy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11, 752
Are all the mods asleep or what?

Keep going ... only a couple more hundred to catch GWS
Average home crowd for GWS in 2018 = 11913
Suns a bit more 13547
You're dreaming if you think you will ever catch us - we are going exponential ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back