Traded Dayne Beams [traded with #41 and #43 to Collingwood for #18, #56 and future 1st round pick]

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
What your surprised the lions front loaded beams contract?
No I am surprised that you were part of the negotiations.

Also surprised that Lions traded Beams with 2 more years left after front loading his contract.

My biggest surprise is your spelling and rubbish posts.

Also surprised that Lions traded Beams with 2 more years left after front loading his contract.

Lol ok

His contract was front loaded, not sure what there is left to dispute

So we are going in roundabouts but why did Bris trade Beams if he was front loaded?
I’d only guess that there were personal reasons for doing so, beams gave a lot to the club and after the passing of his dad which was the reason he came up that they decided to grant him his wish t go back

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d only guess that there were personal reasons for doing so, beams gave a lot to the club and after the passing of his dad which was the reason he came up that they decided to grant him his wish t go back
You might finally be understanding.

We traded him because he wanted to get back to Collingwood. No point forcing him to stay -29 next year and we were well compensated.
No doubt, the only thing that sucks for you guys is that he would have been on very little the next 2 years for a quality player but now with him gone and say Neale in, your cap room shrinks a lot

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

For what it's worth, Neale's contract was front loaded as well, with his last year (being next year if still at Fremantle) on significantly less than previous years.

As for why the Lions let Beams go, large part was to do with what was best for Beams mental health, and a large part to do was what was best for his wife and family. Finally it was also best for our playing group as Beams was becoming a distraction.

Last edited:

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
For what it's worth, Neale's contract was front loaded as well, with his last year (being next year if still at Fremantle) on significantly less than previous years.

As for why the Lions let Beams go, large part was to do with what was best for Beams mental health, and a large part to do was what was best for his wife and family. Finally it was also best for our playing group as Beams was becoming a distraction.

Think I read somewhere that Beams's pre 2014 trade contract with Collingwood was front loaded

Mudeo

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not all of your halfbacks need elite pace.

Lloyd, Hurn, Rich, Hibberd, Vlastuin are all not exceptionally fast. We already have Howe, Crisp, Maynard with good pace to run out of defence, if anything Pendles as a distributor off half-back would be fantastic as it gives us more options to rebound than just blindly running.

There's 0, absolutely 0 chance Adams gets moved out of inside mid, was our best performing inside mid for 2nd half of our 2018 season and in the finals. He can't play any other role either, and at least for inside midfield we can somewhat cover his lack of kicking precision. We've tried playing him up forward, off half-back, didn't work, the fact that you brought this up again just tells me that you have absolutely no idea.

Treloar I agree potentially could play some more forward time as a crumber or more on the wing.

Beams has decent pace too, although I'd not play him on a forward flank either.

We get Beams we play him as a clearance mid first. If we want to rotate him/rest him we play him deep forward in a pocket or on the bench. Playing him on a flank, which nowadays require you to roam up the ground really isn't resting him. If anything Sidebottom should play as half-forward with elite skills and phenomenal running durability
Adams played a brilliant role on the half forward flank when placed there this season

Mudeo

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cant be bothered going back to find which particular game it started, its only short stints as a little bit of an on field rest but when he was there he was good. From memory was there against Richmond in the Prelim at stages

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cant be bothered going back to find which particular game it started, its only short stints as a little bit of an on field rest but when he was there he was good. From memory was there against Richmond in the Prelim at stages
Can't be bothered to find it or you can't find it?

He most certainly did not play at half forward against Richmond in the Prelim, keep giving me baseless claims lmfao

Back