Prediction Possible DFA pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

Players dont just suddenly "get it" at there 3rd club.

Wont get another chance imo
I think what you see from him now is what you get. But I think there are clubs where they may see some value in him, especially because a number of clubs don't have Melbourne's depth.

Your woman's intuition is wrong. Will be re-rookied by North. Take that to the bank.

Well admittedly my women's intuition is pretty fallible, mainly due to my lack of female genitalia :oops:

We could always swoop in and take him, though that doesn't tend to happen where a club has committed to re-drafting a player.

From a north perspective could make a case for Mitch Hibberd, Billy Hartung, Declan Mountford or Daniel Nielson. In fact many north supporters would prefer any two of those on our list compared to known mediocre quantities in Hrovat & Morgan.

From the rest Menzel, Partington, Sheridan and Collins would be the most appealing.

Menzel has obvious talent you could pencil him in for 30 plus goals in just about any side in the comp if he stays fit.

Collins is still only 21. Early early days for a key position defender.

From a north perspective could make a case for Mitch Hibberd, Billy Hartung, Declan Mountford or Daniel Nielson. In fact many north supporters would prefer any two of those on our list compared to known mediocre quantities in Hrovat & Morgan.

From the rest Menzel, Partington, Sheridan and Collins would be the most appealing.

Menzel has obvious talent you could pencil him in for 30 plus goals in just about any side in the comp if he stays fit.

They all will fit nicely at North .

Tom Bugg has become extremely overrated since being axed by Melbourne.
I watched him play for years with us and liked the way he went about footy. We traded him out for a second round round pick.

He was marginal at the Dees, but it did seem discipline was factor in him being left out of a very strong list this year.

What I dont know is if he's gone backwards playing VFL. Living in NSW I dont follow it.

Barring something not in the public domain, I really hope we do pick him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you rated him why cut him off your list , that is what I called finger pointing at other without realising yourself was behind the keyboard too ,
Because hes not 26 years old anymore?

As far as Collins goes, that was the Bulldogs best draft in history by a mile (only slightly overreacting), and it would be a shame to see a failure

Has any dfa been a success. Henderson.wright ? State league rookie players would have a higher success rate long term

Has any dfa been a success. Henderson.wright ? State league rookie players would have a higher success rate long term
Robinson, Hamling, Roberton, Membrey (though the circumstances behind the latter two's delistings were a bit different). Cross was a big part in setting the Dees revamped culture.

Collins is s l o w and not overly tall. Key Defenders need one or both of those things these days and the simple fact is that he's too slow to run with the agile forwards and too short to compete against the Danihers and Hipwoods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back