Opinion Time for a new Captain?

Should Hamish Brayshaw be our new captain?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Premiership Player Chris Masten

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Sorry can't edit it but have added for you.
I DEMAND that you add a 6th option of
"I matt_bas am a muppet and whole heartedly apologise to our glorious premiership captain Shannon Hurn for creating the shittest thread of all time"

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
I DEMAND that you add a 6th option of
"I matt_bas am a muppet and whole heartedly apologise to our glorious premiership captain Shannon Hurn for creating the shittest thread of all time"
Yea I get it. You like Hurn. But what has he done for the club in the last 3 weeks... nothing

PK WCE

Debutant
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
What about throwing in Shuey as a co-captain with Hurn? Has worked well for Melbourne putting Viney in with the experienced captain Jones..

Pedals23

Team Captain
Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Remind me when did they win this year's premiership?
demonsenv.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
there is no real standout successor post Hurn. Assuming he hands over the captaincy at the end of this year after we go B2B.

Way too Old - Kennedy, Shuey, Nic

Too old - Redden, Shep

Slighlty too old - Gov, Gaff, Darling

In the bracket for next captain - Yeo,

Too young - Duggan

Gaff then Gov would be my choice as next skipper.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not on board with this Duggan for captain one day notion.

Duggan certainly has attributes that clubs love to promote as captain qualities; clean cut, likeable guy, speaks well and toes the party line.

But these qualities no sooner make a good captain then being a gun player does.

The good captains can either motivate and direct the team to lift and play their roles, or they can lead by example and grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the line single handedly.

The truly great captains, they can do both. That's why, love him or hate him, Wayne Carey was the greatest on field leader I have ever seen.

As it pertains to these qualities, Govern and Shuey clearly fit the bill as the next captain. They can both organise and motivate, as well as lead from the front when required. The efforts of these two are precisely why we won the grand final.

Duggan is a nice kid, but nice kids don't mean good captains. At the moment he is in the 22, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire either. If we are ranking captain potential on age and present ability, Cole would be in front of him.

Shuey or Gov as our next leader for me, and a distant third would be Yeo.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not on board with this Duggan for captain one day notion.

Duggan certainly has attributes that clubs love to promote as captain qualities; clean cut, likeable guy, speaks well and toes the party line.

But these qualities no sooner make a good captain then being a gun player does.

The good captains can either motivate and direct the team to lift and play their roles, or they can lead by example and grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the line single handedly.

The truly great captains, they can do both. That's why, love him or hate him, Wayne Carey was the greatest on field leader I have ever seen.

As it pertains to these qualities, Govern and Shuey clearly fit the bill as the next captain. They can both organise and motivate, as well as lead from the front when required. The efforts of these two are precisely why we won the grand final.

Duggan is a nice kid, but nice kids don't mean good captains. At the moment he is in the 22, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire either. If we are ranking captain potential on age and present ability, Cole would be in front of him.

Shuey or Gov as our next leader for me, and a distant third would be Yeo.

Hurn is what you would call a nice captain and he has done all right for himself?

Back