Most hated players of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodes is up there..

Sniping his whole career, then there's the flopping and kicking opponents.. Refused to play in the seniors because he was made sub, a real team player that one.

selwood never ducks. lowering the knees aint ducking. Rioli, now thats a ducker.
mate, stop with the bullshit. the facts are evident, he's the biggest ducker AND stager the game has seen.
those stats are damning, as good as selwood is and i regard him as outstanding, those free kick statistics should be embarrassing to him. he is drawing free kicks, playing the game within it's rules but not within the spirit. unfortunately, he should be seen as an absolute great of the game instead of a ducker.

mate, stop with the bullshit. the facts are evident, he's the biggest ducker AND stager the game has seen.
those stats are damning, as good as selwood is and i regard him as outstanding, those free kick statistics should be embarrassing to him. he is drawing free kicks, playing the game within it's rules but not within the spirit. unfortunately, he should be seen as an absolute great of the game instead of a ducker.
Why are most football supporters such morons? ducking involves bowing under a tackle not lowering the body so the head gets tackled high. Selwood doesnt duck. Staging involves faking hits. Selwood again never does that. His frees are due to neither ducking nor staging. Selwood uses a different technique but his technique isnt solely about getting frees its primarily about breaking free of tackles. its why he always keeps his feet. Frees are largely a by product.

Selwood is universally regard as the toughest and best captain in the league. time to deal with it.

Selwood is universally regard as the toughest and best captain in the league. time to deal with it.

And a cheating sooky flog to boot.....Selwood post the 2013 Preliminary final loss to Hawthorn by 5 points, after we had 10 more scoring shots & 100 more possessions...."They've pinched it"....Biggest self-entitled sook of a captain ever.....And after the Cats 'pinched' a good half a dozen of their 11 in a row against us before that game.

Worst sore-loser ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone point me towards examples of Goodes being hated prior to 2013?
IMO when Goodes was in the twilight of his career and was unable to do the things he could do in his prime, he started playing "dirty" and when things didn't go his way he became a bit of a sook. Was not like that earlier in his career, which makes it a shame his career ended like it did. Had a lot of admiration for him when he won his Brownlow etc - I think in the end it became all about him. Of course this is just my opinion.

IMO when Goodes was in the twilight of his career and was unable to do the things he could do in his prime, he started playing "dirty" and when things didn't go his way he became a bit of a sook. Was not like that earlier in his career, which makes it a shame his career ended like it did. Had a lot of admiration for him when he won his Brownlow etc - I think in the end it became all about him. Of course this is just my opinion.

Fair enough, still doesn't really answer the question though.

Was never a huge fan of Goodes, but the fan opinion towards the end of his career just seems like a mindless mob mentality. Memes and the ramblings of any idiot with a voice on social media seem to have convinced too many people that he deserved it.

Still yet to hear of any examples of things he did that warranted the booing he was subject to.

Was never a huge fan of Goodes, but the fan opinion towards the end of his career just seems like a mindless mob mentality. Memes and the ramblings of any idiot with a voice on social media seem to have convinced too many people that he deserved it.

Still yet to hear of any examples of things he did that warranted the booing he was subject to.

Might not have been Goodes so much as people other telling people that the second group of people should not boo Goodes even though anyone is free to boo anyone.

My issue has never been with the booing, but with people's retrofitted justification for it. Some claim that he was "always hated", and that the late-career booing was a long-overdue "come-uppance" for a history of villainous behaviour. Yet looking/thinking back to pre-2013, nobody really had a bad word to say about Goodes.

Last edited:

Good post.
Pretty much my exact thoughts, he never warranted the amount of hatred and scorn that came down on him in the last few years of his career.
Fairly sad how it ended actually

How about rubbing it in to the faces of the Carlton cheer squad, when their mob was a good 10 goals down....A mock spear-chuck at an already demoralised cellar dweller club & it's supporters....Trey classy that.

There's a time & a place for everything.....Playing at identity politics on the football field in the waning years of your career, is not one of them.

Whatever the lads message was, he most certainly went about it the complete wrong way.

The fact he was indulged & sanctioned by the AFL in being allowed to both do & get away with crossing the player/crowd line of demarcation, was merely proof positive that he was an AFL favoured child.....That always goes down well with the mob.

Attempting to both civilise & educate a mob in the midst of a sporting game, where parochialism is already in extremis, betrays the extent of his naïveté.

How about rubbing it in to the faces of the Carlton cheer squad, when their mob was a good 10 goals down....A mock spear-chuck at an already demoralised cellar dweller club & it's supporters....Trey classy that.

There's a time & a place for everything.....Playing at identity politics on the football field in the waning years of your career, is not one of them.

Whatever the lads message was, he most certainly went about it the complete wrong way.

STOP THE PRESSES!

PLAYER CELEBRATES SPORTING SUCCESS IN FRONT OF FERAL SUPPORTERS THAT HURLED ABUSE AT HIM!

Quick. Let's start a national campaign to be a collective group of assholes towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back