Universal Love Chad Wingard - thanks for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Past greats of the club have spoken about my exit meeting in various forums, and said that the coaches and the leaders complained about me being a sook and that they were over me."

that would obviously be Tredrea, he really needs to get out of that dirty world and actually help the club, what is he doing with his life? Tweeting lies about the PAFC for Channel 9 :\

Chad's talked to Adelaide now about the garbage that was this so called hissy fit he apparently threw. Love hearing that it wasn't true, after we've had to watch some of our worst posters continually build a case against Wingard to justify the clubs move.

It all sounds very clearly that I've been right all along, Chad was pushed out by the club, there was no hissy fit, he was prepared to work on his faults and improve for 2019, but the club pushed him out and he decided at the end that it might be the best move. None of which is really a surprise.

Chad's talked to Adelaide now about the garbage that was this so called hissy fit he apparently threw. Love hearing that it wasn't true, after we've had to watch some of our worst posters continually build a case against Wingard to justify the clubs move.

It all sounds very clearly that I've been right all along, Chad was pushed out by the club, there was no hissy fit, he was prepared to work on his faults and improve for 2019, but the club pushed him out and he decided at the end that it might be the best move. None of which is really a surprise.

He'd been "prepared to work on his faults" for years. He also refused to commit to us, so.

Wingard has taken aim at Port greats for saying the Power’s leaders “complained about me being a sook”.

“To read and hear those things hurt a lot,” Wingard wrote in a column published today on the AFL Players’ Association website.

After Wingard was traded to Hawthorn, former Port captain Warren Tredrea said he understood the Power’s “leadership group were sick of him, sick of his attitude”.

And Kane Cornes, a four-time club champion at Port, said Wingard was “feeling not a lot of love at Port Adelaide”, adding the move to Hawthorn was an “easy out for him.”

After hearing those comments, Wingard phoned Port coach Ken Hinkley. “I rang Ken to see if there was any truth to that and he told me that nothing had come from the club, there was no truth to it, and that’s just how the media want to play things,” Wingard wrote.

https://indaily.com.au/sport/football/2018/10/25/chad-wingard-hits-out-at-lies-over-port-split/

Wingard has taken aim at Port greats for saying the Power’s leaders “complained about me being a sook”.

“To read and hear those things hurt a lot,” Wingard wrote in a column published today on the AFL Players’ Association website.

After Wingard was traded to Hawthorn, former Port captain Warren Tredrea said he understood the Power’s “leadership group were sick of him, sick of his attitude”.

And Kane Cornes, a four-time club champion at Port, said Wingard was “feeling not a lot of love at Port Adelaide”, adding the move to Hawthorn was an “easy out for him.”

After hearing those comments, Wingard phoned Port coach Ken Hinkley. “I rang Ken to see if there was any truth to that and he told me that nothing had come from the club, there was no truth to it, and that’s just how the media want to play things,” Wingard wrote.

https://indaily.com.au/sport/football/2018/10/25/chad-wingard-hits-out-at-lies-over-port-split/

It's as plain as day that Cornes loaded up his brother and Tredders.

We're so good at PR.

He'd been "prepared to work on his faults" for years. He also refused to commit to us, so.
We never know what might've happened on the commitment side. We may have been lowballing him based on recent output and he may have wanted his footy to do the talking to get him a better deal, who knows. None of us do, it's more speculation, just like the so called hissy fit he never threw, or the fact that he wanted out despite repeatedly making it clear on social media and elsewhere that he never wants to leave PA.

The important part was the player who came 6th in our B&F, was pushed out to try and further us up the draft. This s**t is fact. The club made a call many of us disagree with, on the basis that they couldn't manage him or get the best out of him, which i think is more a reflection on the coaching group than him

We'll see long term if that was the right decision with our future draftees, and/or if Clarkson turns him around. But in the short term we are much worse off for it.

We never know what might've happened on the commitment side. We may have been lowballing him based on recent output and he may have wanted his footy to do the talking to get him a better deal, who knows. None of us do, it's more speculation, just like the so called hissy fit he never threw, or the fact that he wanted out despite repeatedly making it clear on social media and elsewhere that he never wants to leave PA.

The important part was the player who came 6th in our B&F, was pushed out to try and further us up the draft. We'll see long term if that was the right decision with our future draftees, and if Clarkson turns him around we'll also learn just how poor Port are with people management and player development.
We have to draft an out and out future star of epic proportions to have made it worthwhile at all.. no pressure.

The constant leaks and reports of cliques within the playing group is eerily similar to his late playing days with us. Primus and Duncanson didn't do a lot right but it appears that they were on the right track when they moved cornes on.

Last edited:
The constant leaks and reports of cliques within the playing group is eerily similar to his late playing days with us. Primus and Duncanson didn't do a lot right but it appears that they were on the right track when they moved cornes on.

Graham and by extension Rowe always had thinly-veiled inside info they would use in their campaign against Haysman, Duncanson and Primus, and now Tredrea and Kane have repeated the dose with Wingard.

You don't have to be Detective Columbo to join the dots, hey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* I'm just sick of every time I load FB or Instagram there's an article about how amazing Chad is going to be for Hawthorn. * off AFL you corrupt flogs

The longer I think about this the more I'm prepared to back the club. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between both sides version of events. What we do know is that Chad admits he didn't put maximum effort in to get the best out of himself. That is what has precipitated the fallout between the leadership group, coaches and Chad. As for him taking advantage of free agency, I fully expect that Hawthorn would have already been in his ear about next year prior to the trade occurring. I have no doubt Chad will be a star at Hawthorn, probably get back to his AA form. The question for me is would he have done it at Port and is that a reflection on him or the club?

This still stings...what a farkn balls up.
Its ike he's the first player to become unmotivated....Faaark me..do you blame him? The gameplan was a chore to watch, imagine having to train it 5 days a week and then play it..

I'm prepared to back the club lol
Well yeah, while people seem to want to take Chads word as gospel and the club as perpetuating a pack of lies I can't cop that. Do people really think Tredders would've involved himself in this without knowing some facts. Anyway it's done, look forward to supporters banging on about it as nauseum next year...

Well yeah, while people seem to want to take Chads word as gospel and the club as perpetuating a pack of lies I can't cop that. Do people really think Tredders would've involved himself in this without knowing some facts. Anyway it's done, look forward to supporters banging on about it as nauseum next year...
I wasn't having a crack at you I was thinking about it in relation to myself, I used to feel that way but now I'm bitter, burn't and completely lack trust in the joint.

Multiple people on here called it. It twas akin to letting a married man install tinder for a look.

I'm sure the tour of the Hawks facilities shuffled past the trophy cabinet and that Burgoyne was casually training in the gym.

Then the most successful coach of the modern era sits down and told Chad that he is wasting away hidden from the spotlight and to come join the big-time.

'Look Chad all you have to do is slot right into Cyril's perfectly designed and defined role in our system. You are as good as - probably even better than him - come win a Norm with us'

Probably the easiest decision Chad will ever make.

I have come to terms with it and accept that fault likes with both parties. But one party is a 22-25 year old man and the other is a plethora of professional coaches and motivators.

This s**t sucks .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back