Past Dan Robinson - delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Grimlock, your suggested whipping boy replacement for Towers and Rohan gonski

Staggered to be honest. Not surprised by Marsh as our med defenders go deep, but I can't see our midfield/utility depth.

Kennedy, Parker, Heeney, Mills, Hewett, Jack, Dawson, Jones.

That's really not a lot. I guess you could throw in Cunningham, Papley, and Florent but they'd have to be replaced in their forward/outside spots.

So that's 8 (net 6) off the senior list and 2 off the rookies.

What are the chances that we de-listing and could then rookie? I have no idea how this works, but is it a chance?

Cause this seems like an odd move unless we have specific targets in the draft for this role... o_O

Unlucky I think. He was the type of player who needed to playa run of senior games to get confidence and timing. He was really starting to come into his own when Goddard deliberately smashed into his collarbone in a marking contest. Never got a chance to regain momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot understand it at all. He played games this year and did a good job when asked to play a tagging role. Apert from that he dis add depth to an ordinary midfield.
We delist him yet Rose is still on the list who can't do anything other than look reasonable whilst playing NEAFL. Surely, they will not offer him another contract.

I cannot understand it at all. He played games this year and did a good job when asked to play a tagging role. Apert from that he dis add depth to an ordinary midfield.
We delist him yet Rose is still on the list who can't do anything other than look reasonable whilst playing NEAFL. Surely, they will not offer him another contract.

Lets be honest though for a second, is he anything more than ordinary depth? Surely we want less ordinary players on our list. I don't like Rose but his NEAFL GF saved him probably, both aren't great though.

If Robbo and Marsh are best 22 we aren't winning finals
May weaken the NEAFL team short term but I like swapping good honest toilers for a chance at something better

Agreed, take a chance on a rookie, never know what you will find.

When you have a list of 40 players, they can't all be "best 22".

Of course. But they should all be aspiring and pushing each other to become best 22 putting pressure on the best 22 selected to perform. It gets more out of the playing group.

The likes of Marsh and Robinson I believe have shown they don’t have the capability to push into the best 22 and thus they are potentially in the way of giving others the opportunity to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back