Football Park - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The scoreboards at Footy Park are long outdated - and would probably cost more in the long run than just buying a new one.

The videoboard in particular has probably had next to no maintenance done on it in the past five years as well, so there’s probably a number of internal parts that need replacing by now. Then there’s the risks in damaging it further during transportation to a new site and then finding somewhere at a SANFL ground that has a stable foundation and fittings to erect a several tonne video board. It’s probably going to be one of the last things to go as some money can be made selling some of the internal parts to somewhere like a production house who could re-use them.

The old one above the Crows run out & the replay screen on the southern end are gone. The only one remaining is the super-screen on the northern end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And the super-screen is now gone, looks like work’s started on the Northern Grandstand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the super-screen is now gone, looks like work’s started on the Northern Grandstand.

45098237_1128997410592336_4659670715908227072_n.jpg

:sick:

I wonder what it's like for a player who didn't have a great career, but had a big memory at the ground? Seeing it knocked down.

There has to be a guy out there who played his only game at AAMI, was a Crows/Port fan as a kid and only got to run out there once, or someone who played for a few seasons but had their best or most fun match there...

I wonder what it's like for a player who didn't have a great career, but had a big memory at the ground? Seeing it knocked down.

There has to be a guy out there who played his only game at AAMI, was a Crows/Port fan as a kid and only got to run out there once, or someone who played for a few seasons but had their best or most fun match there...
I did my only SANFL grand final there, the 2013 Under 18's. Does that count? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back