Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Cheaper than the 2k from the scalper out the front
But your guaranteed a ticket with the scalper atleast.
I’m very sceptical that the $70 will guarantee you a ticket. All it guarantees is that you will go into the ballot for tickets. Higher tier members should rightly get first dibs so that doesn’t leave much for the rest

But your guaranteed a ticket with the scalper atleast.
I’m very sceptical that the $70 will guarantee you a ticket. All it guarantees is that you will go into the ballot for tickets. Higher tier members should rightly get first dibs so that doesn’t leave much for the rest
Should probably look up the definition of the word guarantee if you think it doesn't mean you will get a ticket. Honestly you think the club will sell thousands of these and tell 2/3 thousand fans a week out "sorry I know we promised but we lied you arent getting a seat."

Doesn't sound like a PR disaster at all.

Also read the fine print. You do get allocated seats after level 1 is distributed so you're only getting a seat in the nose bleeds.

Last edited:

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Should probably look up the definition of the word guarantee if you think it doesn't mean you will get a ticket. Honestly you think the club will sell thousands of these and tell 2/3 thousand fans a week out "sorry I know we promised but we lied you arent getting a seat."

Doesn't sound like a PR disaster at all.

Also read the fine print. You do get allocated seats after level 1 is distributed so you're only getting a seat in the nose bleeds.
Is that a guarantee like the Richmond and Collingwood high tier members got and still missed out on tickets at the expense of low tier members?
Being a HM member I’d be more filthy at the club if I missed on tickets whilst some bloke with a budget 5 game membership got in.
If our membership grows to the projected 95-100k and all HM and Silver packages are sold out I just can’t see there being any tickets left over for those “guaranteed” memberships

Is that a guarantee like the Richmond and Collingwood high tier members got and still missed out on tickets at the expense of low tier members?
Being a HM member I’d be more filthy at the club if I missed on tickets whilst some bloke with a budget 5 game membership got in.
If our membership grows to the projected 95-100k and all HM and Silver packages are sold out I just can’t see there being any tickets left over for those “guaranteed” memberships
The way it works is High Mark, Silvers and those that pay the guarantee still have to register for the ballot. High Mark and Silver get allocated seats first, guaranteed get allocated seats next and then if any are left over the bronze get allocated.

You only miss if you forget to register.

The club will only sell x amount of guarantees. It's not a bottomless list.

They reduced the amount of reserved seating for Essendon home games at Etihad a couple of years ago, there's more GA seating than before. I doubt it's because they were struggling to fit everyone in.

Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The way it works is High Mark, Silvers and those that pay the guarantee still have to register for the ballot. High Mark and Silver get allocated seats first, guaranteed get allocated seats next and then if any are left over the bronze get allocated.

You only miss if you forget to register.

The club will only sell x amount of guarantees. It's not a bottomless list.

But the website only guarantees access to purchase a ticket. Same with the offer to pay additional money for that guarantee.

It doesn’t guarantee a ticket at all, just that you can try and get a ticket when the opportunity arises.

Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Also, not sure if anyone has looked at the website. Club is no longer offering away reserved seats (A supporter who called up said it was a decision made by the AFL).

So for myself, I’m a bronze member with home and away reserved seats. If I were to upgrade to a silver or high mark membership, I’d lose the away seats and not be able to get them back again.

They reduced the amount of reserved seating for Essendon home games at Etihad a couple of years ago, there's more GA seating than before. I doubt it's because they were struggling to fit everyone in.
So this new found growth of support, higher average attendees to games has nothing to do with increased membership?

We jumped from 60000 members to 80000.

Are you telling me that out of that 20000 that there are no or little reserved seating members?

Theres very little flexibility for movement of seats too by the way, so tipping the allocations are just about exhausted

But the website only guarantees access to purchase a ticket. Same with the offer to pay additional money for that guarantee.

It doesn’t guarantee a ticket at all, just that you can try and get a ticket when the opportunity arises.
Uh what?

What website?

The Essendon website - go to the membership section.

It says guaranteed access to get a grand final ticket, not guaranteed tickets.
Yes because if you don't nominate for the ballot or have the funds for a ticket you don't get one.

If you do both of those you get one.

How is this so hard for people to understand? Those who pay their $70 come Grand Final time, should we participate, will get one if they can afford the ticket.

Those who don't and only have level 3 priority rely on everyone in level 1 and level 2 priority not taking their ticket option up.

PRIORITY GROUPS EXPLAINED
Priority 1

• High Mark and Silver members
  • Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if Essendon participate
Priority 2
  • Available to eligible members who have purchased a Grand Final Guarantee
  • Ticket will be allocated after High Mark and Silver members
Priority 3
  • Bronze, Flexi Home & Away, Flexi Home, Flexi National and Flexi 6 Game and Flexi M8 members
  • Access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if any tickets remain after Priority 1 and 2 have been allocated
  • Members in this group are not guaranteed a ticket

Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes because if you don't nominate for the ballot or have the funds for a ticket you don't get one.

If you do both of those you get one.

How is this so hard for people to understand? Those who pay their $70 come Grand Final time, should we participate, will get one if they can afford the ticket.

Those who don't and only have level 3 priority rely on everyone in level 1 and level 2 priority not taking their ticket option up.

PRIORITY GROUPS EXPLAINED
Priority 1

• High Mark and Silver members
Priority 2
  • Available to eligible members who have purchased a Grand Final Guarantee
  • Ticket will be allocated after High Mark and Silver members
Priority 3
  • Bronze, Flexi Home & Away, Flexi Home, Flexi National and Flexi 6 Game and Flexi M8 members
  • Access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if any tickets remain after Priority 1 and 2 have been allocated
  • Members in this group are not guaranteed a ticket

I’m pretty sure it’s you that’s having difficulty understanding.

The words are quite clear, guaranteed access to purchase a ticket. Meaning you can put your name in the ballot. You aren’t guaranteed to be successful.

Each club gets max 20,000 tickets got grand final. It’s not a lot - people will miss out.

Same happened for Richmond and Collingwood. They still had members of the equivalent “high mark” that missed out in the ballot.

The Richmond website provides a good summary of the process - exactly the same applies to EFC

http://m.richmondfc.com.au/finals/grand-final-information/grand-final-ticketing-faqs

I’m pretty sure it’s you that’s having difficulty understanding.

The words are quite clear, guaranteed access to purchase a ticket. Meaning you can put your name in the ballot. You aren’t guaranteed to be successful.

Each club gets max 20,000 tickets got grand final. It’s not a lot - people will miss out.

Same happened for Richmond and Collingwood. They still had members of the equivalent “high mark” that missed out in the ballot.

The Richmond website provides a good summary of the process - exactly the same applies to EFC

http://m.richmondfc.com.au/finals/grand-final-information/grand-final-ticketing-faqs
What are you not understanding?

Even in the Richmond link you provided it states it.

They can't guarantee a seat, you still have to purchase a ticket. Duh.

The guarantee ensures you get to do that. If you don't have the guarantee you go into the ballot where its a lucky dip.

Using your example of 20k tickets, say there is 10k High Mark/Silver members. Say they all decide to purchase the ticket that leaves 10k, say there is 5k guaranteed seats and they all decide to buy then that leaves another 5k left over. Those left over tickets go into the ballot.

But people with guarantee get tickets should they be able to afford it. Ask the club they say the exact same thing I am the High Mark, Silver and Guaranteed members do not exceed the 20k allocation. Its capped to prevent that.

Edit: Just so we're clear you don't think that people go on the ticketek or ticketmaster website to buy the seats the week out yeah? You understand the tickets are allocated by the company to the people who have guarantees or are lucky enough to come up in the ballot?

Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
What are you not understanding?

Even in the Richmond link you provided it states it.

They can't guarantee a seat, you still have to purchase a ticket. Duh.

The guarantee ensures you get to do that. If you don't have the guarantee you go into the ballot where its a lucky dip.

Using your example of 20k tickets, say there is 10k High Mark/Silver members. Say they all decide to purchase the ticket that leaves 10k, say there is 5k guaranteed seats and they all decide to buy then that leaves another 5k left over. Those left over tickets go into the ballot.

But people with guarantee get tickets should they be able to afford it. Ask the club they say the exact same thing I am the High Mark, Silver and Guaranteed members do not exceed the 20k allocation. Its capped to prevent that.

Edit: Just so we're clear you don't think that people go on the ticketek or ticketmaster website to buy the seats the week out yeah? You understand the tickets are allocated by the company to the people who have guarantees or are lucky enough to come up in the ballot?

No, everyone goes into the ballot. You all have to put your names in the ballot. It is not a guaranteed ticket in the slightest. I know this for a fact, and I personally know people who had the highest level of membership for both Richmond and Collingwood who still missed out. They were able to enter the ballot but weren’t selected.

But you have your opinion, I have mine! Let’s see what happens at the end of year if we make the GF. I know I have alternative options to get a ticket if I’m not successful in the EFC ballot.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
But you have your opinion, I have mine! Let’s see what happens at the end of year if we make the GF.
This is not something that we should wait and see til it happens to see who is correct. It should be clear to those High and Silver Mark members, that if they so choose to purchase a GF ticket, they will be guaranteed of doing so. It seems an easy question to answer for the membership department. I may shoot them an email.

This is not something that we should wait and see til it happens to see who is correct. It should be clear to those High and Silver Mark members, that if they so choose to purchase a GF ticket, they will be guaranteed of doing so. It seems an easy question to answer for the membership department. I may shoot them an email.
Membership department told me Priority 1 and 2 will be able to purchase a Grand Final ticket should you wish.

The reason they can't say its a guaranteed ticket because you have to purchase the ticket on top of the package come the end of the year.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
So this new found growth of support, higher average attendees to games has nothing to do with increased membership?

We jumped from 60000 members to 80000.

Are you telling me that out of that 20000 that there are no or little reserved seating members?

Theres very little flexibility for movement of seats too by the way, so tipping the allocations are just about exhausted

If the season's worth of reserved tickets was full or near enough we'd be so popular as to get regular sellouts instead instead of maybe 1 a year.

Back