Rumour Busted Tim Kelly will be an Eagle next season

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
nobody is saying her situation isn't difficult, but she has plenty of help offered to her which apparently isn't enough. People doing it harder have simply pointed it out that she's just sooking, it's pretty well documented on her own social media how her average day goes and what she deals with

Has she plenty of help offered to her? (Not that I am suggesting that is a footy club's responsibility anyway). Many of your fellow Geelong posters are suggesting that would violate the club spending cap.
It's not like Bras Scott is at the house doing the vacuuming while the runners are watching the kids and helping change nappies.

You seem like an intelligent poster but that comment of yours about judging her day from her social media is just dumb.

Tbh I reckon anyone ACTUALLY doing it harder than her are the ones who would sypathise and those who haven't felt it are the ones quick to run their mouths.
I only have 2 kids under 3 and we have family support in Perth - and I am currently sleep deprived, so I take my hat off to Caitlin, and anyone else caring for any special needs children.

Even though she may have lashed out and said some things cut her some slack, this poor women is copping abuse after she has just found out her child had autism, I'm sure she is dealing with things in her headspace right now.

autimcx

Debutant
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Has she plenty of help offered to her? (Not that I am suggesting that is a footy club's responsibility anyway). Many of your fellow Geelong posters are suggesting that would violate the club spending cap.
It's not like Bras Scott is at the house doing the vacuuming while the runners are watching the kids and helping change nappies.

You seem like an intelligent poster but that comment of yours about judging her day from her social media is just dumb.

Tbh I reckon anyone ACTUALLY doing it harder than her are the ones who would sypathise and those who haven't felt it are the ones quick to run their mouths.
I only have 2 kids under 3 and we have family support in Perth - and I am currently sleep deprived, so I take my hat off to Caitlin, and anyone else caring for any special needs children.

Even though she may have lashed out and said some things cut her some slack, this poor women is copping abuse after she has just found out her child had autism, I'm sure she is dealing with things in her headspace right now.
The club can offer support without spending its cap. it's her ridiculous comments about expecting flights for her and her family to travel to and from Perth that they can't afford, as well as offering full time care for her kids. Those things are her and Tim's responsibility. They lived rent free, yet still expected the club to pay for flights (there is a screenshot of her direct messaging someone on instagram about this floating around), and the player welfare staff help is extended out to her, seeing as it directly impacts Tim as well. The players wives you would assume help (maybe they don't but they have seemed to get her involved with things and help her out). Club doctor has also been around to help with sick children. Plenty of help that won't exceed the cap. Whatever help and support it is she's looking for, you can't expect anymore from a club. She's gonna have to start reaching into her own pockets for family flights and nanny help with kids.

I said her average day is well documented on social media, how is that dumb? She literally posts what happens in her day to day life. It's very obviously not everything, but it's just the average thing mundane routines, a few incidents here and there. She even posts about her sons autism and how it affects him, e.g. being left alone and how he reacts etc.

I don't agree with the people that publcily bash her on her own social media, it's ridiculous that nuffies even seek her out to do it. Problem is if she has such a big issue with it, it's not difficult to turn off public comments. Not sure what rock you've been under, but a lot of people from similar situations or worse are criticizing her as well.

We cut her slack after her first few tirades about the club and the city. She apparently never learnt her lesson and did it again in her dm's, did it again at the start of trade period, then finally sooked about it in the media. Well past the point of cutting her slack, it's just complete immaturity and incompetence from her. Remember it took until September for her to finally sit down and speak to the club about it, she mentioned this herself in the article.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
If he was allowed he would have been for sure. Next year, he will be.

His partner has a mix of entitlement with a victim mentality. I hope she does not drag down his footy career.
LOL.

Heaven forbid a mother doing it on her own with young kids wants to be closer to support, i.e her family.

What a disgraceful human Tim Kelly’s partner must be!

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
His partner has a mix of entitlement with a victim mentality. I hope she does not drag down his footy career.
The Garrys and Rodney needed to go home to Geelong . Were they victims ? Were they entitled mentally ? Have there careers been dragged down ?Do you have hope for those ?

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
On good word he still wants nothing to do with Freo. Freo could offer Geelong the world for him but a potential deal will only be done with us. It sucks but if a deal is not done and Geelong play stupid he will get picked up by Freo in the ND and the cats will get nothing for him.

In saying that, he rather stay with Geelong. He loves it there. But I think his missus holds too much sway and will request a trade home at seasons end.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
On good word he still wants nothing to do with Freo. Freo could offer Geelong the world for him but a potential deal will only be done with us. It sucks but if a deal is not done and Geelong play stupid he will get picked up by Freo in the ND and the cats will get nothing for him.

In saying that, he rather stay with Geelong. He loves it there. But I think his missus holds too much sway and will request a trade home at seasons end.

If he's serious about a flag he won't want anything to do with that mob. Could fit in well with us.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes

I thought his missus didnt like the Hill boys or Ross ( maybe a chinese whisper ) Chance all 3 wont be there and Freo having some cash .

flylikeaneagle

All Australian
Jun 4, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m pretty well over Kelly now, I’d much rather take our 1st round pick we get for Hill, our probable 2nd round we get for Langdon and just go to the draft with that and stock up on good WA kids.
the search for the next hayden ballantyne begins 🤞

FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM

would take him for nothing in the draft-otherwise no thanks.
We have enough issues at our club without this rubbish!

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
So what's the deal? Did the Hill boys + Bennell bang his missus or what?
Not sure about the Hills but Kelly had a really poor opinion on Lyon, bad enough to not even have Freo as an option last trade period. Now that he's gone he might be open to a trade there. Similarly, Mitch McGovern also met with Lyon a couple years ago and then afterward swore to never play for Freo. The thing with Lyon is that he has that weird sarcastic trait that always rubs wrong with most people. Like something about him rubs most the wrong way. He's the sort of bloke that'd call you a ret**d as a joke but the way he says it makes you think he was being dead serious. I remember he berated a newish journalist after they beat Geelong in a QF in 2013, I'm sure he was just having a laugh but it came across as really rude and demeaning, for example. I rated him as a coach but this trait was such a horrid thing that dumping him was probably worth it if it was putting off potential recruits/trades.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The thing is, everyone keeps assuming Fremantle have more salary cap room then Eagles and quite simply they dont.

Brad Hills contract was front loaded so he isnt on that much next year. Langdons contract is pretty mediocre as is S.Hills. Eagles shed more salary in lowering Naitanuis very high salary then those 3 leaving will.

The media keep selling that Fremantle can offer more money. I am 101% certain they cannot, even with the players leaving. Eagles offer would still be 150k more per year at the very least

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
The thing is, everyone keeps assuming Fremantle have more salary cap room then Eagles and quite simply they dont.

Brad Hills contract was front loaded so he isnt on that much next year. Langdons contract is pretty mediocre as is S.Hills. Eagles shed more salary in lowering Naitanuis very high salary then those 3 leaving will.

The media keep selling that Fremantle can offer more money. I am 101% certain they cannot, even with the players leaving. Eagles offer would still be 150k more per year at the very least
not that I'm fussed on Kelly, but apart from Fyfe and probably Walters, I'm curious as to who's supposedly helping take up the cap at Fremantle? Mundy's a vet and wouldn't be on a lot next year even if he stays (probably dependent on the next coach). If Shill leaves too, there's no one over 28 and most players are kids. Hogan didn't come across on a really big contract, and Bhill and Langdon are supposedly leaving. Sandi, Bennell, Ballaz, and Kersten have all gone too. So who's getting all the money?

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
not that I'm fussed on Kelly, but apart from Fyfe and probably Walters, I'm curious as to who's supposedly helping take up the cap at Fremantle? Mundy's a vet and wouldn't be on a lot next year even if he stays (probably dependent on the next coach). If Shill leaves too, there's no one over 28 and most players are kids. Hogan didn't come across on a really big contract, and Bhill and Langdon are supposedly leaving. Sandi, Bennell, Ballaz, and Kersten have all gone too. So who's getting all the money?
I read that Hogan was around 900 000 per year.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I read that Hogan was around 900 000 per year.
He was around 900 000 per year at Melbourne then took "a significant pay cut" (Age/Perthnow) when he signed with Freo. It was obviously significant enough to be worth mentioning by the news outlets.

Back