• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
upload_2018-10-24_6-25-53.png

Ok field.

Personally think 6,2,1 is a great trifecta order. probably as good a field we can hope for given everything else has run for cover to avoid the mare.

What did you make of Matt Chapman at yesterday’s barrier draws?
Stated the opinion abroad is that Winx is only beating fairly moderate horses.

Waller’s response is a beauty

“I was very very surprised and disappointed. I think he’s a bit of a dickhead for saying it to be honest”

The huffing and puffing over his comments yesterday are funny to watch to be honest. Chapman has an opinion, like everyone does. He makes some valid points about Winx’ opposition, however not once does he directly slate Winx as a horse.

All he said was that she’d want to be beating Benbatl fairly comfortably to be considered the worlds best as the likes of Cracksman and Enable have already Thrashed Benbatl. I reckon Chapman has got a pretty good grasp of Aus racing tbh, can’t deny his knowledge/interest of the sport.
It’s also clear that he wants to stir the pot a bit, and Winx apologists will bite.

Blind Freddy could see that the strength of UK racing is much better than Aus at the moment.

without context, i thought waller was more a dickhead for making that comment. no need, everyone can see what she's beat and nothing achieved by coming back at bias euro commentators. just smash Benbatl take 4 in a row. hope Humidor also rolls him to frank the form.

The huffing and puffing over his comments yesterday are funny to watch to be honest. Chapman has an opinion, like everyone does. He makes some valid points about Winx’ opposition, however not once does he directly slate Winx as a horse.

All he said was that she’d want to be beating Benbatl fairly comfortably to be considered the worlds best as the likes of Cracksman and Enable have already Thrashed Benbatl. I reckon Chapman has got a pretty good grasp of Aus racing tbh, can’t deny his knowledge/interest of the sport.
It’s also clear that he wants to stir the pot a bit, and Winx apologists will bite.

Blind Freddy could see that the strength of UK racing is much better than Aus at the moment.

Cliffsofmoher beat both Cracksman and Benbatl the only time they met????

Cliffsofmoher beat both Cracksman and Benbatl the only time they met????
Cracksman still finished 4 lengths in advance of Benbatl that day. Says something about Cracksman when on that day the track was rated ‘good’, and he prefers the sting out of the ground, (5 from 5 on soft), that he was beaten only a nose by Cliffs of Moher. Would destroy Cliffs on soft and Benbatl would be in the next suburb

Cracksman still finished 4 lengths in advance of Benbatl that day. Says something about Cracksman when on that day the track was rated ‘good’, and he prefers the sting out of the ground, (5 from 5 on soft), that he was beaten only a nose by Cliffs of Moher. Would destroy Cliffs on soft and Benbatl would be in the next suburb

well the margin was under 3, around 2.5L between them.

Benbatl literally steam rolled CliffsofMoher last start FFS.

it's pointless cracksman is better than that, but don't just come spew random falsities and predictions based on assumptions.

well the margin was under 3, around 2.5L between them.

Benbatl literally steam rolled CliffsofMoher last start FFS.

it's pointless cracksman is better than that, but don't just come spew random falsities and predictions based on assumptions.
Random falsities? 4 lengths as opposed to 3 lengths is not really worth arguing

What's he doing out here for our inferior racing, and who gave him a soapbox?

Cracksman was comfortably beaten at $1.40 at its previous start and he wants to anoint it? Even in its latest win, the placegetters were only Group 2 & 3 winners. The third horse hasn't won for two years.

Honestly think he's out to s**t-stir.

“I was very very surprised and disappointed. I think he’s a bit of a dickhead for saying it to be honest”

Matt Chapman's not wrong though...

The thing with Winx is she can do it under any circumstances. Wet, dry, slow tempo, fast tempo, never ever an excuse. Cracksman doesn't like X ground, Enable doesn't like X distance, we've never seen that with Winx.

I think we live in a bit of a bubble regarding her but to say she has to smash Benbatl as the final decision on whether she is the best in the world is pretty silly. Happy for the euros to challenge what she's been beating and that's very fair, but she performs so often and so consistently at a high level she is clearly the best in the world for mine.

If the race is run like a fortnight ago and they walk through the middle stages Benbatl can get close, but that is not the definitive ruling on how good she is or is not. If they go hard all the way with some sting out of the ground she will put 5 on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris knows slow horses. he has a whole stable of them..

The reporter is right but.chris protecting his star colt because he has a stable of plodders grow a pair chris. Worked for bart an gai.

So many great horses have won this race.pinker pinker.shamus award

Using Humidor as a guide there's an equivalent margin Winx and Benbatl have had on it in the lead up races.

Benbatl isn't a flukers hope

As previously discussed Humidor is never a guide as he’s a pure enigma. That said the margin flatters Benbatl tempo wise LST, Winx gaps him. Humidor potentially beats him too if good Humidor rocks up.

as far as i'm concerned Winx/Humidor exacta looks play of the day.

Humidor straight out at BSP around 40's wouldn't be end of world if he ends up at that price either with all this money for Benbatl.

Agree about Humidor

Been set for this race a long way out and DK Weir is a very good GF trainer. His last start he ran on strongly against the bias and with the blinkers on for the first time this prep he definitely looks the exacta horse to me.

Let's not forget how much of a mess his prep was leading up to the Cox Plate last year, so with it actually being a planned GF a long way out I honestly think he could run better than he did last year.

But he still won't beat Winx because last years CP she was having her 5th run for the prep which I always felt was one too many as it was her longest prep since she has been dominating. The year before it was her 4th and the year before her 3rd. Being wide the trip also didn't help her finishing burst after a long prep.
4th run in this prep, she will blow them away again.

to be honest Bowman's arrogance probably only reason Humidor got close last year. 4th/5th up not too big deal for me. to elect to ride 3wide even when position 2wide arose was arrogant, paid off but hey wouldn't be doing it over and over again, like last start getting too far back was plain poor.

Agree about Humidor

Been set for this race a long way out and DK Weir is a very good GF trainer. His last start he ran on strongly against the bias and with the blinkers on for the first time this prep he definitely looks the exacta horse to me.

Let's not forget how much of a mess his prep was leading up to the Cox Plate last year, so with it actually being a planned GF a long way out I honestly think he could run better than he did last year.

But he still won't beat Winx because last years CP she was having her 5th run for the prep which I always felt was one too many as it was her longest prep since she has been dominating. The year before it was her 4th and the year before her 3rd. Being wide the trip also didn't help her finishing burst after a long prep.
4th run in this prep, she will blow them away again.

Not sure he has always been set for it. Last month we were being told he wouldn't run in the race and was being set for the Emirates

There is only one horse that can beat Winx and that is Benbati. He ran the time, should get an easy time in front although i dont know how rostrtogfwerwfsffspovic runs. The only reason this race is more interesting than last year to me is the tempo and where winx will land. She has raced outside the leader before (my most hated position) and obviously won. I wonder if Waller will sacrifice Dargento so there is speed in the race. all the other horses are camels.

There is only one horse that can beat Winx and that is Benbati. He ran the time, should get an easy time in front although i dont know how rostrtogfwerwfsffspovic runs. The only reason this race is more interesting than last year to me is the tempo and where winx will land. She has raced outside the leader before (my most hated position) and obviously won. I wonder if Waller will sacrifice Dargento so there is speed in the race. all the other horses are camels.
Winx will position up last in this small field. I can see Hughie letting her loose about 800m from home and she gaps them. If Dargento puts on too much speed it might bring Humidor into the race. Just can’t see that happening.