ATP/WTA Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously Nick can't go longer than 2 matches without pulling out of a match or retiring during a match with injury can he ?

Efa.

He's needs another biggish week but if Alex can sneak into the top 30 he can pick his schedule next yearbwithout any worries cause of the top 30 commitment rule.

A gutsy win by Thompson and he is through to the final in Calgary. He is right back on the edge of the top 100.

He is in the draw to play Taralgon this week but his final in Calgary wont finish until mid morning our time tomorrow. Even if he plays his first round on Wednesday he must be in some doubt given the jet lag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds an awful lot like it could be suicide which is just such a shame.
It does sound like it and it's horrible. Feel completely for his friends and family. I read a tweet from wayne schwass the other day that 70 people attemot suicide in Australia each week. We need to do better in this space.

It does sound like it and it's horrible. Feel completely for his friends and family. I read a tweet from wayne schwass the other day that 70 people attemot suicide in Australia each week. We need to do better in this space.

You can't help but feel how much of being such a gun junior and not translating that onto the ATP tour impacted his mental health.

shocking. I remember him having a 5 setter in the first round on a hot day then having to play Fed the next round.

I thought he got into coaching or as a hitting partner to someone when his career ended and was still in the system.

There should be some type of insurance system in the ATP. one injury can lead to an end of a career and ends up with you having nothing. Seems like a cut-throat world.

Kokkinakis and Patrick-Smith are both though to the semi's in Vegas.

Ebden wins his first round qualifying in Paris. Millman and De Minaur are both in the main draw. All three have had big years, I really hope they are managing Alex, I would of called time on his season a few weeks back. He has played a lot of tennis this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back