SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like art deco, I was appalled when they demolished Glenelg Cinema.

Yeah was surprised when that got through. Maybe in Adelaide they only care about heritage if it's ye older heritage style? My olds live down the Bay and there are some Art Deco gems in that area stretching south towards Somerton Park and Brighton. Probably the best part of Adelaide for that sort of architecture.

Yeah was surprised when that got through. Maybe in Adelaide they only care about heritage if it's ye older heritage style? My olds live down the Bay and there are some Art Deco gems in that area stretching south towards Somerton Park and Brighton. Probably the best part of Adelaide for that sort of architecture.
The Hampstead Hotel is one of my favourite buildings, shame it's a shitty pub.

The Glenelg cinemas used to be my favourite, used to live basically across the road at the end of the 1990's, the main cinema was brilliant

as kids we would go to bay skate then see a movie, good times

Yeah always loved the main cinema there.
The 2 ( or was it 3 ) downstairs were muck

Can't have an Adelaide thread without this:

MagicMountain.jpg

Surely every Adelaidean born before the 21st century went here?

The dinosaur turd

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The newer cinemas on the northern side but closer to Morphet Street has turned into a Happy Clapper Church I think.

Yep Edge Church leased the building out from 2008-2015, then Event Hospitality and Entertainment wanted the cinema back so out they went. The polished floors that are in the current incarnation of the cinema were actually done by the church in their time in the building.

Remember the Bowling alley on Colley tce but never went.

DEFS remember the Bay car park.
Copper gave my mate a canary for " blunt wiper blades " o_O

Daytona usa at the entrance to Magic Mountain :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I remember our car cruises would end up in that big empty car park at glenelg near the slideshows down from magic mountain. Good times

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

used to be a pie cart in that carpark at the end of Anzac Hwy, had great hot dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lived in Walkerville when I was in Adelaide. Good place to rent but couldn't afford to buy there. I worked off Henley Beach Rd and didn't like the west much really, West Beach is the only redeeming feature. I'd live anywhere in the North east corridor out to Modbury really. I reckon the developments they were doing around Greenacres would be a good place to buy. Still so close to the city when you compare where new developments in Melbourne would be!

You like Greenacres but didn't like say Henley Beach? First person I've ever heard say that. Henley Beach is one of the better parts of Adelaide now, and no I don't live there.

You like Greenacres but didn't like say Henley Beach? First person I've ever heard say that. Henley Beach is one of the better parts of Adelaide now, and no I don't live there.

Yeah the north eastern corridor up to Modbury being better than the western suburbs through to the beach was an odd comment. Once you get past Vale Park the north east becomes increasingly plain.

In general, Adelaide's best/ most desirable places to live are the eastern suburbs (encompassing the very inner north and inner southern suburbs), the coast from Seacliff to Semaphore, the Hills, inner west/ western suburbs, north eastern suburbs, the south and then a very distant last ..... the north.

Yeah the north eastern corridor up to Modbury being better than the western suburbs through to the beach was an odd comment. Once you get past Vale Park the north east becomes increasingly plain.

In general, Adelaide's best/ most desirable places to live are the eastern suburbs (encompassing the very inner north and inner southern suburbs), the coast from Seacliff to Semaphore, the Hills, inner west/ western suburbs, north eastern suburbs, the south and then a very distant last ..... the north.

Is the south that much better than the north? Personally I wouldn't want to live any further south than Flinders Uni.

Is the south that much better than the north? Personally I wouldn't want to live any further south than Flinders Uni.

There are some complete crapholes in the south, like Hackham, Christies Downs and parts of Noarlunga, but nothing comes close to the absolute wretchedness of places like Daveron Park, Smithfield, Elizabeth and surrounds. At least in the south you have the ocean near by and and it's some what green. In the north the second winter ends and a bit of warm weather comes everything just turns brown. Apologies to those that live out there, but yeah it's pretty dire and a completely undesirable place to live (I realise that many don't have much choice).

Whenever I drive North I feel like the trees/grass are all dead/dying. Like they are all native plants that dont need a lot of looking after and the councils know this.

Eastern/Western suburbs councils are prettt good at keeping public gardens up to date/clean/neat.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide beaches and outer west poles apart from anywhere
blackwood region not to bad

South Eastern barrosa okay but anything gawler west or south no.

I lived in the cbd and it has advantages. 15 minute drive to the hills. 15 minutes to the beach. Amazing shopping deals if you know when to hit .
Walking to the footy amazing. After a good win you can then have a good time in the city with fellow supporters and not worry about getting home. Also if your smart you can find amazing food cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back