Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

In today's Sunday Herald-Sun it states Hugh Bowman now has ridden 1982 winners, 1982 being the final year of Kingston Town's three in a row, the record Winx has now overtaken.

A ridiculous winning streak and 4 Cox Plates; definitely has her own spot in history rather just another champion. Maybe she's the best? I don't know.

Funnily enough I don't actually think any more of her now than I did after her 2nd plate. Longevity is underrated when measuring champions but that was definitely my peak Winx moment.

I reckon yesterday was the perfect chance to retire her too, not sure what else they have in mind.

A ridiculous winning streak and 4 Cox Plates; definitely has her own spot in history rather just another champion. Maybe she's the best? I don't know.

Funnily enough I don't actually think any more of her now than I did after her 2nd plate. Longevity is underrated when measuring champions but that was definitely my peak Winx moment.

I reckon yesterday was the perfect chance to retire her too, not sure what else they have in mind.
I rate longevity. It’s what makes Winx special and appealing to non racing fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You people are ******* insane. You have the greatest horse on earth, and you'd retire her? Only if she shows that she's not liking it any more.

Like you I was hoping Waller would announce her retirement yesterday.

Not sure what racing on achieves

Oh, and if I owned Winx and Waller came out and announced her retirement tomorrow I'd be saying "She's not your ******* horse pal", while dialling Darren Weir's number.

It is hard to compare champions is Ted Whitten better than Leigh Matthews.

You need longevity of excellence to be the best.

Black Caviar was the best ever sprinter not only in Australia but the world.

Maykbe Diva was arguable best ever stayer but failed in Japan it was argued the tracks were to hard so maybe Phar Lap because he won overseas.

Winx I would rate the best ever Australian horse because of her superiority over 1,400 to 2,400 was she better than Frankel not sure but she has the score over him in longevity. I would have loved to see her whip the poms in their own country.

Unless we get an absolute champion gelding, outstanding mares will continue to be our best because of the stud value of colts. If the Autumn Sun becomes a great his time on the track will be limited because of stud value.

It is hard to compare champions is Ted Whitten better than Leigh Matthews.

You need longevity of excellence to be the best.

Black Caviar was the best ever sprinter not only in Australia but the world.

Maykbe Diva was arguable best ever stayer but failed in Japan it was argued the tracks were to hard so maybe Phar Lap because he won overseas.

Winx I would rate the best ever Australian horse because of her superiority over 1,400 to 2,400 was she better than Frankel not sure but she has the score over him in longevity. I would have loved to see her whip the poms in their own country.

Unless we get an absolute champion gelding, outstanding mares will continue to be our best because of the stud value of colts. If the Autumn Sun becomes a great his time on the track will be limited because of stud value.

LOL - re the bolded, it ain't that hard!

Yeah... if only Phar Lap had won at ranges like that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back