Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

I was down in Moorabbin this morning so dropped by RSEA...…….the change since last Wed is huge.

With this pic......people will stop saying..."what's a RSEA Park"...lol.

20181029_124136.jpg

The grass at the front is down and paving complete.....shrubs were going in while I was there.

20181029_124226.jpg

The terracing work is nearly complete.....at the left of the pic in the middle is a black structure….it's a coaches bench/box.....and there's another 2 further along the boundary line....oh...the memories!

20181029_124706.jpg

The new reception area...it's huge....the front door is in the middle at the back of the pic.

20181029_124755.jpg

The front door.
20181029_130842.jpg

20181029_143016.jpg

It's a bit difficult to see....but there are coaches shelters either side of the light pole....and one further around on the left.

Excellent pics Saint Watto !!

Really coming along now. They said completion was due in four weeks.

It is enormous. Definitely one of, if not the best facilities in Victoria.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda

Have Kelly & Whitfield seen it?

Thanks for the rap George.....certainly is very exciting.

I'm really hoping they give Georgie Day enough space for a decent Heritage museum.

Some of the things I saw on display in the room under the Huggins stand was eye watering.

I was down in Moorabbin this morning so dropped by RSEA...…….the change since last Wed is huge.

With this pic......people will stop saying..."what's a RSEA Park"...lol.

View attachment 579670
Something tells me the place is called RSEA Park.

We really do need to have a meetup at the social or something.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
JLT is no chance given they like to charge for them. Not much point putting a temp fence up for 1 game.
Considering the work for the grandstand and pool etc.. are likely to be started by the time next season's JLT starts I dont doubt the AFL would say no. I dare say the facilities for it will be ready by next year though.

Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep...I think just VFL & JLT at this point.
As you're the man George , just a couple of questions for you mate.
Are our 2020 incoming ladies team playing their games at RSEA Park ?
Will the ladies have their own dedicated H & A changerooms , or use the mens ?
Saint Watto took some cracking photos , and it appears there are H & A , and interchange/umpire dugouts already in , but what are their plans for the coaches boxes / scoreboard , if we are to have any half serious game there ?
Also , can we get the club's office and social club opening days/hours for the summer period , up
somewhere on big footy , as I'd expect there to be a fair few of us popping in for a look. Thanks.

As you're the man George , just a couple of questions for you mate.
Are our 2020 incoming ladies team playing their games at RSEA Park ?
Will the ladies have their own dedicated H & A changerooms , or use the mens ?
Saint Watto took some cracking photos , and it appears there are H & A , and interchange/umpire dugouts already in , but what are their plans for the coaches boxes / scoreboard , if we are to have any half serious game there ?
Also , can we get the club's office and social club opening days/hours for the summer period , up
somewhere on big footy , as I'd expect there to be a fair few of us popping in for a look. Thanks.
Hi mate,

Yes ladies will play and have own change rooms at RSEA.

Not sure on coaches box or scoreboard, may bring in mobile scoreboard for games.

No confirmation on opening hours over Christmas break, but usually it's from the 21st/22nd/23rd through to second week of January.

Moorabbin Social is open 9am-12am Monday through Wednesday. Thursday, Friday and Saturday it closes at 1am.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I hope they get some more Saints shields up on the facade. it looks like we're one of many sponsors for RSEA rather than the reverse. Actually it looks like we're one of the major shops of a Massive Shopping Centre so far.

I get that it has to be a community project but it also has to have an identity that goes beyond a company, something that people can treat like a second home. As far as I'm concerned, that identity should be that of St Kilda Football Club with minor co-tenants.

May 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hope they get some more Saints shields up on the facade. it looks like we're one of many sponsors for RSEA rather than the reverse. Actually it looks like we're one of the major shops of a Massive Shopping Centre so far.

I get that it has to be a community project but it also has to have an identity that goes beyond a company, something that people can treat like a second home. As far as I'm concerned, that identity should be that of St Kilda Football Club with minor co-tenants.
Agree fully with this,not enough rwb as far as im concerned,it is a touch disapointing in that regard

Cannot wait to get on the sauce in there next year.

Yeah, I might have to go for a couple of he interstate games to watch on the big screens.

Back