Seeya later Tommy, Cam and Brady

Remove this Banner Ad

With Belly coming in, I'm hoping and praying * up's like 2011 never happen again. WTF were they thinking taking a crabs like tommy ******* sheridan and co over west aussie boys.

Apeness & hughs also gone. Happy with this. Apeness could have been a star. But i dont think he was that good. Good luck with the future guys ))

Apeness & hughs also gone. Happy with this. Apeness could have been a star. But i dont think he was that good. Good luck with the future guys ))
We will still rookie list them - they have contracts. They won't be gone unless someone else takes them before us.

We will still rookie list them - they have contracts. They won't be gone unless someone else takes them before us.
I hope someone does take Ape. Now we have so many talls he probably won't get games anyway and the list spot is better suited to a smaller player IMO. Fresh start might not hurt him either.

Cue the first 4 KPFS getting injured and Ape playing 20 games next year.

Delisting and re-rookieing is basically cutting in contract, their wage is still on the books next year if we just cut them and noone picks them up so might as well give a rookie spot

With Belly coming in, I'm hoping and praying **** up's like 2011 never happen again. WTF were they thinking taking a crabs like tommy ******* sheridan and co over west aussie boys.
2011 was a real weak draft after GWS took the lion's share to #14. But, if we had taken West Aussies in Yeo, Hamling, and BHill instead of Rixx, Crozier, and Forster, (and we took Neale), we would have 'won' that draft (after GWS - in hindsight)

Apeness and Hughes will be re-rookied.

But id be interested in the wages Sheridan would free up and then Sutcliffe; neither have been re-rookied drafted so they would have had some decent wages when you factor in extensions etc.

Also Grey signed an extension at the time as Sheridan signed one so we can free up a fair bit with these three leaving.

The wage for non-rookie player thats in their 3rd year plus Minimum $105,000 with an average player wage in the AFL of $305,000.

Re-rookied players in 2018 are at a minimum wage of $75,000 (Hughes and Apeness are in this bracket).

So with Grey being a three year plus player at $105,000 minimum and take a stab at what Sutcliffe and Sherro were paid based on the 3yr+ $105,000 minimum and $305,000 AFL player average we could free up around $400-600k in wages from these 3.

Targeting a big fish next free agency?

Last edited:
I wonder if we will make an offer to Sheridan as reports suggest. Could just be linking us because we have taken y8ur DFA's before. We do have 7 vacant list positions and apparently 5 useable picks. Depends a bit on the Mumford situation and what he costs in the draft if we do go ahead. A reliable report Zac Clarke was at the club last week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we will make an offer to Sheridan as reports suggest. Could just be linking us because we have taken y8ur DFA's before. We do have 7 vacant list positions and apparently 5 useable picks. Depends a bit on the Mumford situation and what he costs in the draft if we do go ahead. A reliable report Zac Clarke was at the club last week too.
Would expect him to go to you in the draft like Deboer and Gu did as Sheridan is definitely value as a late pick which you guys will likely have if you are using points for academy selections.

He is better than Dylan Buckley atleast so could be worth a shot

Would expect him to go to you in the draft like Deboer and Gu did as Sheridan is definitely value as a late pick which you guys will likely have if you are using points for academy selections.

He is better than Dylan Buckley atleast so could be worth a shot
We've done it as a DFA in the end.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-11-01/tommy-sheridan-joins-the-giants The GIANTS are pleased to welcome former Fremantle midfielder Tommy Sheridan to the club as a delisted free agent.

2011 the year that I lost interest in footy.
16 Tom Sheridan
20 Hayden Crozier
29 Alex Forster
30 Elliot Yeo
32 Joel Hamling
33 Bradley Hill
34 Shane Kersten
58 Lachie Neale
Amazing isn't it? We take Sheridan, crozier and Forster 1st. Hamling, Hill and Kersten all get drafted after pick 30 and ironically join freo at the end of 2016.

to be honest, Glad hamling didn't get picked up by freo at the time... He would of been behind McPharlin, Johnson, Dawson and Silvagni. I wouldn't of thought he would of get a game in 2012-14. Actually, He might of got a few games in 2013 as McPharlin was injured for half a season. He probably could of got 2 or 3 games in 2014 with the injuries freo down in the back line late in the season. Saying that, he would of got a premiership medal in 2016 if that was the case.

Bradley Hill would of been good for us in that 2013-15 period. But he wouldn't of got those 3 flags.

Kersten? Yeah I am probably his biggest fan on here. He definitely would of got games From 2012-15. Especially with the forward line we had.

2011 was a real weak draft after GWS took the lion's share to #14. But, if we had taken West Aussies in Yeo, Hamling, and BHill instead of Rixx, Crozier, and Forster, (and we took Neale), we would have 'won' that draft (after GWS - in hindsight)
Again, Hindsight wonderful thing. Hamling as I stated wouldn't of got too many games for freo from 2012-5 with our KPD stocks. Might of played him up forward.

Yeo would of been an interesting one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back