List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His only really good game was the 2014 GF . He usually doesn't get very involved in games.
Every Hawk had a good game in 2014. As a Hawk, if you didnt play well that day, you had serious issues.

Am I misreading your post or are you actually saying you don't rate Florent?

He's got potential, but so far he's had about 3 good games two of them this year from memory. It's not that I'm anti Florent, but he got a dozen games in 2017 getting the ball about 5-7 times and had quite a few 1-2 possession halves. That puts a lot of pressure on others.
Whether it's him or the coaching not too sure. Surely wasn't up to the physical load Horse put on him again this year by playing him every week. So that's not on him.
This next season he'll either up his input to become a real solid contributer, or fade away not able to match the physical demands again. Hope it's the former.Maybe the fringe ins we are bringing to the club will both allow him rest (and selection pressure) and get better performances when he is in the team...

Wow, didn't think anybody could be disappointed with Florent. Personally I think he's done everything anyone could ask and more.
Personally I ask players to actually get the ball and kick it to a teammate or score.
Sure our inside mids weren't exactly great providers, but still...He gets a pass mark from me, but that's it. More!? Come on, Stephenson or Higgins did "more". Florent did just enough, and would've been dropped by any sensible coach this year to try snd get an impact game or two late in the year.

Can’t see Menzel working at Sydney

True, who would want a bloke that kicks goals for once!

You are right though Horse will pick a bloke for "defensive pressure"

Jesse Lonergan anyone?
I think we should give him a crack, Theres a fair chances hes mates with our new boy Jackson, he's a Lonnie boy like Thurlow. They were both 1st round picks in 2012 drafted from Launceston football club, the club i used to play juniors at years back. Chayce Jones also plays for Launceston, its very unlikely he'll be available at our first pick but one can dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly Longmire isn't the only AFL coach that feels this way because none of the other clubs have offered him a contract either.

Doesn't mean the other clubs are wrong. I'd rather Menzel than James Rose on a senior list! One is AFL standard.

Menzel would be great for us. Would help ease the burden on buddy. Reid will be injured,mccartin will be 19 and still learning to kick (still rate him extremely highly) and hayward,papley and ronke will be midfielders next year

Wow, didn't think anybody could be disappointed with Florent. Personally I think he's done everything anyone could ask and more.

Just need him to improve his kicking. Now that Hanners is gone Florent would be our worst user by foot in the midfield.

What's going on with Nathan Freeman? Everyone was outraged when he was delisted yet there is no talk at all about anyone picking him back up.

What's going on with Nathan Freeman? Everyone was outraged when he was delisted yet there is no talk at all about anyone picking him back up.

Looks like clubs are all pretty wary of players with extended/repeat injury problems at the moment.

I think we should give him a crack, Theres a fair chances hes mates with our new boy Jackson, he's a Lonnie boy like Thurlow. They were both 1st round picks in 2012 drafted from Launceston football club, the club i used to play juniors at years back. Chayce Jones also plays for Launceston, its very unlikely he'll be available at our first pick but one can dream.

As well as Jones, Taryn Thomas who came through the #lolCameNinf Academy looks another great prospect from Tasmania.

Ninf has first dibs on him as well as F/S selections in Crocker and possibly Scott. Their problem is that they have traded off early picks (for their big pilchards) and will struggle to assemble the requisite points to counter bids from other Clubs (inc us) for these players.

The StKilda future 2nd and one of ours this year might get it done? Don’t give a monkeys about the Tas connection but rate him, Smith and McLennan in and around the late teens to early twenties picks

He’ll be the Smokey. Have to remember that he was delisted so long ago and that the DFA starts tomorrow.

The StKilda future 2nd and one of ours this year might get it done? Don’t give a monkeys about the Tas connection but rate him, Smith and McLennan in and around the late teens to early twenties picks
Why are you talking about draft picks in relation to a delisted free agent?

Why are you talking about draft picks in relation to a delisted free agent?

Mick, I was thinking he was referring to the draft. Even then I am not sure you can roll future picks into this year's draft.

Nothing wrong with how Florent is tracking.
Just had a quick look at a couple of players and Ablett and Dangerfield didn’t average the same amount of disposals as Florent until their 4th season.

~17 disposals average (almost double Rohan’s career average) is good for a second year midfielder...
Florent is tracking better or around the mark than the following wingers in their respective second seasons:
Polec, Sidebottom (I was working off a bigger list before I had to go to work and forgot this saved as a draft.....)

He’ll be the Smokey. Have to remember that he was delisted so long ago and that the DFA starts tomorrow.
A club maybe rookie him but his injury history has been pretty awful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back