Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Roos masterstroke.

Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) for Tyson and Salem.

I think Dees did well to get Preuss for Tyson though. Dom is average. Reeks of a North trade coup. As does Hall

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Whilst that trade is IMO a loss for us, Tyson gave us more than Kelly would have in year 1 and 2 of his career. Without Tyson we probably win 2 games again in 2014 and who knows where we go from there.

Tyson has a good first few years. But 2017 was quickly overtaken by Oliver. Then this year overtaken by Harmes and Brayshaw. Had fallen into the fringe 22 depth type. Not sure him playing on a wing says sustainable long term. And I guess we weren’t too keen to pay a guy 500k a year that would potentially be depth.

Salem has been fantastic this year but yes in hindsight I wish we never traded the pick.
Yeah good player. Just not Josh Kelly.

Wouldnt be to bad having a trio of Viney Oliver Brayshaw though
We were going to use pick 2 on Billings, not Kelly. The entire debate around Tyson + Salem vs Kelly is a waste of energy. We were never picking Kelly.

Tyson has a good first few years. But 2017 was quickly overtaken by Oliver. Then this year overtaken by Harmes and Brayshaw. Had fallen into the fringe 22 depth type. Not sure him playing on a wing says sustainable long term. And I guess we weren’t too keen to pay a guy 500k a year that would potentially be depth.
Interesting to see the Demons trading out fringe mids with a surplus of talent. Ckearky the tactic is to balance the list withing the cap by bring in defenders and a backup ruck.
I feel for Tyson he's been hit twice in an extremely competitive environment for mids, some bad luck in that.
North's club system seems a good one to me. I hope Tyson can finally nail a spot ongoing and end his career well.

Interesting to see the Demons trading out fringe mids with a surplus of talent. Ckearky the tactic is to balance the list withing the cap by bring in defenders and a backup ruck.
I feel for Tyson he's been hit twice in an extremely competitive environment for mids, some bad luck in that.
North's club system seems a good one to me. I hope Tyson can finally nail a spot ongoing and end his career well.

Not sure about him being in a great situation. I don't see Tyson as a great fit alongside Cunnington, Dumont and Jacobs. That being said he'd much rather be competing with Dumont for a spot in the best 22 than Viney/Harmes

Not sure about him being in a great situation. I don't see Tyson as a great fit alongside Cunnington, Dumont and Jacobs. That being said he'd much rather be competing with Dumont for a spot in the best 22 than Viney/Harmes

He is in a great situation, his job is keeping Ziebell up forward rather than in the midfield.

He is in a great situation, his job is keeping Ziebell up forward rather than in the midfield.

How is that his job when Ziebell played up forward all last year?

I think he has been picked up because North are trying to push for a premiership in the short term and their midfield depth needed suring up.

I think he has been picked up because North are trying to push for a premiership in the short term and their midfield depth needed suring up.

Ziebell also played time in the midfield as well, having Tyson there means there's even more time up forward for Ziebell.

More so midfield cover until LDU, Ahern, Hayden and co have built up their tanks to cover the inside mid role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield cover and depth are pretty similar things.

Tyson recruitment makes sense from the point of view that Jacobs and Anderson are injury prone whilst Mcdonald's AFL career has stagnated badly.
No long term issues with Anderson, Jacobs I’ll give you that one.

Two dogs has not stagnated badly, but he is definitely playing below exceptations. He isn’t a defender and he should be nowhere near defence.

Paul Roos masterstroke.

Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) for Tyson and Salem.

I think Dees did well to get Preuss for Tyson though. Dom is average. Reeks of a North trade coup. As does Hall

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Easy to say that now but 2013 we won 2 games and Tyson coming into that side after that season was a very good trade. We had tried and failed to target established players, but Dom, Bernie and Crossy were players in particular that were successful in helping us get back on track and begin to play competitive football again.

He will probably be a good pick up for North especially in the short term, until for the 3rd time he is pushed out by elite younger talent.

Yeah wouldn't be so sure. Dumont's last 6 games; 20, 24, 29, 19, 33, 38 disposals. Think Dom will be knocking someone else out of the team. Also, Dumont doesn't play inside.

Yeah wouldn't be so sure. Dumont's last 6 games; 20, 24, 29, 19, 33, 38 disposals. Think Dom will be knocking someone else out of the team. Also, Dumont doesn't play inside.

Yeah Dumont definitely had a good finish to the year just saying North's midfield probably isn't as hard to crack as Melbourne's and threw out a name.

Yep - I still think we are both in trouble if Goldy or TBC goes down.

I'm more optimistic but I've always been a Clarke fan.
Whilst Bellchambers had a good season the fact he has a poor engine and doesn't impact stoppages outside of hit outs makes him fairly replaceable imo.

Goldstein is probably harder to replace for North given his ability to cover the ground but he's obviously more durable than TBC so we're probably around even as far ruck stocks go.

Going early with this one. This will be a huge win for Melbourne. Preuss is a beast and is dominating this practice match against Collingwood. The combination with Gawn this season will be fascinating to watch, especially with the new rules. Also noticed he has a few tricks as a forward. Why on Earth did North piss him off so easily when they have an ageing Goldstein?

Any North fans want to shed light on the situation? Maybe they know something I don’t. To me it seems Preuss will eventually become an elite ruckman of the game. He has all the tools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back