List Mgmt. Part 3- And on it goes: The trade and draft megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I have it on good authority that West Coast are pushing hard for Cyril to join the reigning premiers

Well we are the first AFL club to take the premiership cup to the Tiwi Islands. Happening this week.:thumbsu:

Offer Cyril a playing / coaching development role.

Simo's coaching style and empathy to the players would be very attractive.

Last edited:
Well we are the first AFL club to take the premiership cup to the Tiwi Islands. Happening this week.:thumbsu:

Offer Cyril a playing / coaching development role.

Simo's coaching style and empathy to the players would be very attractive. Much more eespectful that Geoff Kennett insulting Cyril's partner on how she dressed.:D

Give him a 4 year playing/assistant coach role.......

Even if he does return to hawthorn after 2 years, you campaigners know what happens next

And we pretty well atuffed his development around playing him as a HFF just like we stuffed around Ebert.

Koby played some good football at the Dogs but injuries cut him short.

Not quite true, he got dropped a few times due to poor form.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Amazing reading that, particularly the questions about his past and his character. Hard to believe it's the same choir boy we've got.

Darling these days is Mr I do Yoga, gluten free, choir boy extraordinaire with no on/off field indiscretions i know of in his entire 8 year career.

I know it almost sounds like a different person ahaha.

bitadash

Senior List
Mar 25, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Calgary Flames, Renault
Undoubtedly some talent there. Watch out for some that fall beyond their projected level

Any indications on players who will rise above projections? Jordan Clark is all but certain to rise after WAFL performances. Any others?

I think ely smith will go before our first pick.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So do i, unfortunately :(

In typical fashion, he's got "bolter that DS gets attached to" written all over him.

Can't wait for him to be picked up between the 13-19 mark :(:gun:

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Im not too fussed from what (limited admittedly) Ive seen of Ely Smith. HE is a big boy and can find the ball but he seems to only distribute by hand and not really break through the tackles and explode from a contest. Given he is probably 95% physically developed playing against kids with a lot of development to go, I would hope to see him dominate and bust open packs and get on the move and deliver by foot long (insert subway pun). I just get the feeling he might be found out as just another ok inside mid when playing with the big boys.
Just my impression from a few Youtube vids but there are others I think might be better in the longer term.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Im not too fussed from what (limited admittedly) Ive seen of Ely Smith. HE is a big boy and can find the ball but he seems to only distribute by hand and not really break through the tackles and explode from a contest. Given he is probably 95% physically developed playing against kids with a lot of development to go, I would hope to see him dominate and bust open packs and get on the move and deliver by foot long (insert subway pun). I just get the feeling he might be found out as just another ok inside mid when playing with the big boys.
Just my impression from a few Youtube vids but there are others I think might be better in the longer term.
Who would you prefer with our 2 picks in the 20s?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back