freofc1994

All Australian
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Giants, Chelsea
no CCTV footage could be retrieved from the Narrows Bridge, which was the quickest route from the couple's home to her bushland grave site.

This actually assisted the WAPOL argument, they needed him to use the Narrows Bridge to get home to suit their timings. Other routes were taken and none were able to fit within their time line. So they were able to run with this theory and not have CCTV footage to "dis-prove" it, however without the CCTV it further weakened what was already largely circumstantial evidence.

The real issue with WAPOL's version of events is that it had to meet a very small and specific criteria for it to work.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
This actually assisted the WAPOL argument, they needed him to use the Narrows Bridge to get home to suit their timings. Other routes were taken and none were able to fit within their time line. So they were able to run with this theory and not have CCTV footage to "dis-prove" it, however without the CCTV it further weakened what was already largely circumstantial evidence.

The real issue with WAPOL's version of events is that it had to meet a very small and specific criteria for it to work.

I question though, how would LR know the camera, cameras not working? And if someone didn't know, the cameras were active, they most certainly would have been done.

Risk factor = 100 without knowledge of non active cameras

freofc1994

All Australian
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Giants, Chelsea
I question though, how would LR know the camera, cameras not working? And if someone didn't know, the cameras were active, they most certainly would have been done.

Risk factor = 100 without knowledge of non active cameras

I don't think that LR knew the camera's were out. If he did then that's the sort of planning that doesn't get you caught.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do you know freofc1994 if a shovel, pick or any digging equipment was ever found? Clumps of dirt from Kings Park found in Corryn's boot or interior?
Interesting that large handfuls of sand were found in Lacco's boot when he was pulled over for a minor traffic offence the day Corryn's body was found. He had injuries to his eye and hands that he blamed on a dog attack. His excuse for the sand was that he put it there to soak up water leaks. By December 2007 he'd moved to Geelong. He assumed a new name of Allon Williams but locals found out his history after reports he'd been seen handing out lollies to children.

Even though he'd been convicted in WA after the vicious bashing and sexual assault of an 11-year-old girl as she slept in her Leederville home in 1989, and that attack came just weeks after he raped a 29-year-old woman as she lay in bed next to her two-year-old son, he wasn't subject to the Violent Sex Offenders Act.

Apparently this was because his most recent conviction was from May 2007 for bashing a 42-year-old woman who suffered a broken cheekbone, for which he received a 9 month suspended sentence. So his most recent was not sexual in nature, and he wasn't subject to the act.

https://www.news.com.au/national/we...r/news-story/83e3b8716eb47c0e2e456359c3164a71

http://vigilant-antis.blogspot.com/2007/12/wa-sex-fiend-allon-lacco-lives-near.html

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
No I don't really. There are obviously a few theories in regards to her murder. Personally I think LR is up to his neck in it, however DSS Lee shot from the hip (or should that be lip) and made the job of the DPP all the harder.

It should also be noted that the friends I have in WAPOL suggested to me that DSS Lee was part of the old style WAPOL detective (that they've largely tried to get rid of) where you got your target and you gathered everything to make that theory work.

That tunnel vision hasn't served WAPOL very well in some high profile cases.
Interesting that DSS Lee's shooting from the lip in the first press conference after Corryn was found on 16th August 2007 was very different when he was just discussing evidence they had. (Transcript at end of defamation judgement).

upload_2018-10-30_18-17-37.png

He thought she met with someone after her class yet he and his fellow investigators did everything to discredit another cop sighting her with two people on Albany Hwy at a cafe around 10.30 pm on the night she went missing. Judge found this was a creditable sighting and should have been investigated. Not investigated and the police officer on duty who made the sighting wasn't even called to give evidence.

He thought she may have been killed inside or outside the car, he couldn't say which, because of the copious blood they found in the back seat and in the boot. However, when a RAC officer on duty reports a struggle with two or three people in a car described identical to Corryn's at 1.41 am on the night she went missing, again they discredit the evidence and don't investigate. They say there was no evidence of a struggle in the car, although Corryn's blood was found on the back seat and in the back passenger door. Her contact lens was found in the back seat, as was her wallet. Judge said he couldn't be sure it was Corryn, but again it should have been investigated.

Also the very, very professional forensic team seemed to do nothing with the different DNA samples found at the burial site, except to say they were not LR's. A white hanky found in her grave had two female DNA profiles and one male but not CR's or LR's! You'd think this should have been very important as they didn't think the grave would be found.

The above evidence support DSS Lee's information, given on 16th August 2007. But all DSS Lee has done since by naming LR as the prime and only suspect leading to a trail, appeal and defamation as he was proved to be innocent is (besides costing the State over 25 mil) is to tie up the legal system for years and prevent the real killer(s) to be found. And that's possibly what he wanted to do.

Interesting that large handfuls of sand were found in Lacco's boot when he was pulled over for a minor traffic offence the day Corryn's body was found. He had injuries to his eye and hands that he blamed on a dog attack. His excuse for the sand was that he put it there to soak up water leaks.

And they didn't take samples of the sand to see where it originated from?

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't think that LR knew the camera's were out. If he did then that's the sort of planning that doesn't get you caught.

I'm suggesting LR didn't commit the crime, at least directly. But someone knew the cameras were out.

So Corryn was going boot scooting every week at the same time someone might stalk? Were fellow line dancers questioned?

Western Australia - Aussie Line Dance Classes
[URL='http://classes.dancesheets.net/classes-wa.html']classes.dancesheets.net/classes-wa.html

Bentley Community Centre, Nyamup Way

[/URL]

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
And they didn't take samples of the sand to see where it originated from?
Mr Napper told the 60 minutes program Mr Lacco was arrested by police on the night Mrs Rayney’s body was found for minor traffic offences and had injuries on his hands and eye. Sand was also found in his car.

He said the Rayney team were told of the arrest but his car and clothes were not examined.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Theres next to nothing that stood up in their case. They had no case. As crazy as it may seem based on what they've publically said about his guilt, Im beginning to question if winning was ever on their agenda. Finding it harder and harder to justify them taking it to a courtroom to begin with. This goes far beyond tunnel vision IMO, something's off.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder if they have done familial on the unrecognised DNA?

Albany highway cafes
https://www.google.com/maps/search/albany+highway+cafe/@-31.9941579,115.9076728,14z

Interesting that DSS Lee's shooting from the lip in the first press conference after Corryn was found on 16th August 2007 was very different when he was just discussing evidence they had. (Transcript at end of defamation judgement).

View attachment 579974
He thought she met with someone after her class yet he and his fellow investigators did everything to discredit another cop sighting her with two people on Albany Hwy at a cafe around 10.30 pm on the night she went missing. Judge found this was a creditable sighting and should have been investigated. Not investigated and the police officer on duty who made the sighting wasn't even called to give evidence.

He thought she may have been killed inside or outside the car, he couldn't say which, because of the copious blood they found in the back seat and in the boot. However, when a RAC officer on duty reports a struggle with two or three people in a car described identical to Corryn's at 1.41 am on the night she went missing, again they discredit the evidence and don't investigate. They say there was no evidence of a struggle in the car, although Corryn's blood was found on the back seat and in the back passenger door. Her contact lens was found in the back seat, as was her wallet. Judge said he couldn't be sure it was Corryn, but again it should have been investigated.

Also the very, very professional forensic team seemed to do nothing with the different DNA samples found at the burial site, except to say they were not LR's. A white hanky found in her grave had two female DNA profiles and one male but not CR's or LR's! You'd think this should have been very important as they didn't think the grave would be found.

The above evidence support DSS Lee's information, given on 16th August 2007. But all DSS Lee has done since by naming LR as the prime and only suspect leading to a trail, appeal and defamation as he was proved to be innocent is (besides costing the State over 25 mil) is to tie up the legal system for years and prevent the real killer(s) to be found. And that's possibly what he wanted to do.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
No I don't really. There are obviously a few theories in regards to her murder. Personally I think LR is up to his neck in it, however DSS Lee shot from the hip (or should that be lip) and made the job of the DPP all the harder.

I think most people are in the camp that while LR was responsible, the WA police case was so poorly constructed, you can see why he got off. Particularly in front of a judge.

Leaving aside the nonsense about other sightings, there are just too many factors which add up to LR being responsible, the constant lying, the misrepresentation of their relationship to others, his gambling problems, the phone tapping, the meeting he was supposed to have with her on the night, the place card. etc etc.

The alternative that a random sexual predator attacked her, didn't actually seriously assault her and then went out of his way to frame LR is just too prosperous to be a viable alternative.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
But this evidence is what Mr Edwardson claimed was likely planted by police as the pods went undetected during a preliminary examination of the body, "suspiciously" turning up later.

you are quoting something from his defence lawyer, it was obviously suspicious to him as it was damaging to LR's case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I think most people are in the camp that while LR was responsible, the WA police case was so poorly constructed, you can see why he got off. Particularly in front of a judge.

Leaving aside the nonsense about other sightings, there are just too many factors which add up to LR being responsible, the constant lying, the misrepresentation of their relationship to others, his gambling problems, the phone tapping, the meeting he was supposed to have with her on the night, the place card. etc etc.

The alternative that a random sexual predator attacked her, didn't actually seriously assault her and then went out of his way to frame LR is just too prosperous to be a viable alternative.
Have you read any of the court papers or seen the recent opinions of experts & others who have a much broader knowledge of the exact details than we do? It leaves a lot more questions than answers when you cast a logical eye over the myriad of issues with their investigation & the case as a whole. I've never been sure of LRs guilt & to relook at it now with the benefit of all the numerous court cases that have made mention of her murder now resolved, its a whole lot harder for me to see it from your point of view.

Here's inside the boot, a still from video taken by investigators as they opened it when they found Corryn's car. It's nearly full of 'stuff', pretty sure there's even a handbag in there. Do you think her killer might have ratted through the boot? Open that once and a bit of wind might lift a place card and float it right out of there.

LRb1.png

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
No evidence of a shovel. Lloyd Rayney had a bad back.

How did the person make their way home from where Corryns car was left?

I'm going to check but I thought Loyd said he knew several people in the street, some lawyers, which posed a risk to identifying him.

The car could have been left anywhere on the route. Why there? I think it was facing the crime.

Quote: High-profile Perth barrister Mark Trowell has taken the stand at the murder trial of Lloyd Rayney.

Mr Trowell lives on Kershaw Street, where Corryn Rayney's abandoned car was found.

He told the court two other high-profile Perth lawyers, Linda Black and Max Crisp, also owned property on Kershaw Street in August 2007.

Mr Trowell said he was not close friends with Mr Rayney but knew him in a professional capacity and as a member of the "close knit" Perth legal community.

At the time of Mrs Rayney's disappearance, Mr Trowell was representing a police officer in the CCC inquiry into Andrew Mallard's wrongful murder conviction, as was Mr Rayney.

Mr Trowell said he became aware Mrs Rayney's car had been found in his street about 1am on August 15, 2007, when a detective knocked on his door.

He said he thought "it was a stolen car".

Mr Trowell said he first noticed the car on August 11, 2007, when he was driving into his street with a friend, an ex-detective.

Mr Trowell asked what Mrs Rayney's car, a Ford Fairmont, looked like, and his friend pointed to the abandoned car.

"He said 'it looks like that'," Mr Trowell said. "And it was."

1.00pm: Michael Webb, a resident of Kershaw Street and acquaintance of Lloyd Rayney, has been called to give evidence.

Mrs Rayney's vehicle was found in that street, one week after she was reported missing by her husband.

Mr Webb said Mr Rayney was a professional colleague of his wife's and had been to their Kershaw Street home "numerous" times.

He said Mr Rayney played bridge with his wife and the pair had developed a friendship.

In August 2007, Mr Webb said the Kershaw Street home was vacant and on the market.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...al-second-day-of-evidence-20120725-22p1i.html

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
So Corryn's Fairmont was left in Kershaw street, Subiaco where a fellow lawyer serving on a CCC wrongful murder Inquiry of Andrew Mallard. As was Lloyd Rayney.

Two lawyers in a CCC case regarding police officers.

It just gets stickier and stickier.

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Ironically, the card was from another function full of lawyers.

In court, witness lawyers all also representing police officers in the Mallard CCC inquiry. Low and behold, it ties back to Glyde st via Mallard.

On July 28, 2007, Mr Urquhart attended a chambers dinner at the Blue Water Bar and Grill restaurant at Applecross, where a game of "Celebrity Head" was played. Mr Rayney also attended.

A dinner place card from that dinner bearing Mr Rayney's name was found in Kings Park on August 11, 2007, about 100 metres away from Mrs Rayney's yet-to-be-discovered grave.

Mr Urquhart said he did not remember "Celebrity Head" being played at the function.

He said he only recalled speaking to Mr Rayney when he entered the function.

Mr Urquhart also recalled a conversation he had with Mr Rayney in June 2008, in which Mr Rayney said he had driven his wife's car to the chambers function the previous year.

Mr Urquhart said he was socially involved with the Rayneys and was not aware of marriage difficulties until after Mrs Rayney's disappearance.

During the CCC's Mallard inquiry, Mr Urquhart, like Mr Rayney, was representing a police officer.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...al-second-day-of-evidence-20120725-22p1i.html

Here's inside the boot, a still from video taken by investigators as they opened it when they found Corryn's car. It's nearly full of 'stuff', pretty sure there's even a handbag in there. Do you think her killer might have ratted through the boot? Open that once and a bit of wind might lift a place card and float it right out of there.

View attachment 580272

Rayney-crad-queen.jpg

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
So, with the previous discussion it took two officers considerable time, at least more than an hour to dig a hole in Kings Park.

Lloyd Rayney has bad back may have taken all night, if at all.

BBM
Was video evidence not shown at his trial in which a very fit 20's something police officer dug the hole and it took him an hour or so? There was talk that police had an officer of LR build and age dig the hole and it took him so long that it blew out their timeline hence using the younger/fitter officer to dig it and present it evidence.
This evidence was basically laughed out of court.

We have multiple lawyers in two situations, one a lawyers function with a card evidence in another crime, the other multiple lawyers representing police officers in the Mallard Inquiry.

We have multiple criminals, relations with DNA etc at front of Rayney's house. A Supreme Court Registrar murdered.

The victim is buried upon Mt Eliza, Kings Park, with a surname Rayney. "There's a body going in there!"

Rayney: Form of Regina, from the Latin regina, meaning "queen" or "lady".

Rayney-crad-queen.jpg

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Has there been a security revision of government workers dealing with criminals? Probably not.

Maybe Carmel at least should have a duress alarm?

About 2.25am on August 8, 2007, Mrs Durrant said she heard a car "struggling" along Thomas Street "as though it was stuck in first gear".

She said it was travelling slowly and making a lot of noise as if it couldn't gain power.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...al-second-day-of-evidence-20120725-22p1i.html

An RAC mechanic told police he had seen a car similar to Corryn Rayney’s being followed by another vehicle which was fishtailing

"I noticed two or three figures
in it. I noticed a lot of jumping around going on and like pushing and shoving. I saw silhouettes going to and fro," Mr Ellis said.

https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/pushing-and-shoving-seen-with-rayney-car-ng-ya-297296

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Was video evidence not shown at his trial in which a very fit 20's something police officer dug the hole and it took him an hour or so? There was talk that police had an officer of LR build and age dig the hole and it took him so long that it blew out their timeline hence using the younger/fitter officer to dig it and present it evidence.

This evidence was basically laughed out of court.

You're not just realising all this now Melsy, these have always been the facts.

Broader audience. Some things I haven't read. Don't say conspired, you'll be called a nutter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back