Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media personality Wayne Carey was once a footballer.
He was actually pretty good.
So good in fact that he carried an air of confidence into his daily life.
Wayne had a habit of confidently cracking onto girls at various establishments, pubs, nightclubs, holiday resorts, airport toilets etc even though it was widely reported he had a girlfriend in Wagga, where he was originally from.
Some girls would enjoy his company, and it is understood, though not confirmed, that several may have engaged in certain horizontal folk dancing positions with the great man. It was estimated at one point that there was an average of one per day, bettered only in recent times by a certain Sydney Forward while playing at a Melbourne based club.

There were, however, certain elements of the female gender for whom the attention of the great Wayne Carey was unwanted.
These females would reject Wayne’s advances, for reasons best known to themselves.
Wayne’s traditional answer to this form of rejection was to squeeze their breasts and offer the suggestion “why don’t you get yourself a bigger set of t1ts?”
One night Wayne was again rejected and the name of the female in question was Trish Kane.
Now, you might recognise the name. Particularly if you’ve seen either Underbelly 1 or 2.
Her dad was Les Kane, who was machine gunned to death in Series 2.
Her boyfriend was Jason Moran, who was a major character in Series 1.
Though I should point out, this is the actual Trish Kane, not the actor Eliza Szonert (who played her in Underbelly) who I think we all comfortably agree, does not need to get a bigger set of t1ts.
Jason (not the actor Les Hill, the actual Jason) heard that this had occurred, and was not entirely happy with our boy Duck.
He tended to believe people should not touch the breasts of his long term girlfriend, which, to be fair, is probably a commonly held belief amongst most men, or at least, it was at the time.
Jason strongly suggested Wayne’s footy career, and life in general, would be shortened if he were to contemplate perpetrating such an indignity on the fair young Trish ever again.
Wayne backed down and got apologetic very quickly. Some would say (and have said) that Wayne soiled himself.
He offered Jason a free drink. Which was not as magnanimous as it might seem, given neither paid for drinks in this particular establishment.
However, they did have a few drinks together, and ended up becoming friends.
A few years later Carey would give evidence in court that Jason was a fine upstanding neighbour that he had never seen behave badly.
I’d also heard in one of these squeezing incidents that the victim had to have reconstructive surgery. Not sure how accurate that rumour was.

Why would she make it up?

She thought he was cheating, he wasn't. It subsequently got a lot more complicated and Todd didn't cover himself in glory in some occasions, but at the start, no, he wasn't cheating.

Short version is there's players functions, lots of footy groupies there, Todd is there, Kirsty gets it into her head - quite understandably - that Todd is getting onto the footy groupies. But he wasn't. After they broke up, separate matter.

The point remains that Cotchin's sledging was pretty ordinary, and considered as much by North players at the time.

She thought he was cheating, he wasn't. It subsequently got a lot more complicated and Todd didn't cover himself in glory in some occasions, but at the start, no, he wasn't cheating.

Short version is there's players functions, lots of footy groupies there, Todd is there, Kirsty gets it into her head - quite understandably - that Todd is getting onto the footy groupies. But he wasn't. After they broke up, separate matter.

The point remains that Cotchin's sledging was pretty ordinary, and considered as much by North players at the time.

Right, so it’s the crazy wife’s fault.

Pretty solid rumours prior to anything she said that he’d been doing the dirty on her and it wasn’t the first time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, so it’s the crazy wife’s fault.

Pretty solid rumours prior to anything she said that he’d been doing the dirty on her and it wasn’t the first time

Ahhh, I didn't say she was crazy, I actually said I can understand where she's coming from. I also said that later in proceedings Todd didn't cover himself in glory.

I highly doubt Cotchin cares what a group of North players think of him

Dunno if this has been mentioned but David Hill is rumoured to be gay.
Ive heard it from a mate who heard it from a producer on SEN who heard it from Tim Watson.

Tim obviously heard it from Jobe

I remember way back in the day, mid to late 90s, some raver types who'd friend their brains insiting to me they'd seen gary Ablett Snr out at midweek clubs on pingers and coke.

Refused to believe it til I saw himself myself not long after. Then the stuff with the girl he told heroin was coke. And she died.

A few weeks before the girl I saw him at the toilets in the cage in Melbourne.

Standing in the urinal, leather pants, no shoes, no top.

He wanted a chat but I was too freaked out.

*edit*

I mean in btw, with bare feet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back