No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bwian Bwian Bwian. 2 weeks ago he was seeking the usual 'star redemption' publicity fessing up to hitting rock bottom in Japan and looking forward to moving forward. I know it's hard to stay straight when your life's in turmoil and I sympathise with him there, but I'm sick of these guys playing the sympathy card via the media so they can get a job to pay the child maintenance. The mere mortals of this world have to suck it up and actually display positive change before they get the rewards, sympathy and forgiveness.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cmon he had a photo of him having a line, not a big deal. The great majority of former and current players do it.

His family issues and arrest in Japan far more problematic

Cmon he had a photo of him having a line, not a big deal. The great majority of former and current players do it.

It may not seem a big deal to you Gangster, you may have your life sorted out pretty good. And can find the time and money to occasionally dabble. But if you haven’t, it’s only going to make things worse. Sure it’s his life, he’s not a professional anymore. But he is a father and a husband and supposedly an adult. The selfishness, that Luke Darcy talks about, that was there in his playing time at the Bulldogs is extending to his personal life it seems. How can you be ‘off ya head’ and expect to be a parent? It’s a choice, it’s always a choice and for Brian it’s always about Brian.

You don't see a link between the your first sentence and your last?

It may not seem a big deal to you Gangster, you may have your life sorted out pretty good. And can find the time and money to occasionally dabble. But if you haven’t, it’s only going to make things worse. Sure it’s his life, he’s not a professional anymore. But he is a father and a husband and supposedly an adult. The selfishness, that Luke Darcy talks about, that was there in his playing time at the Bulldogs is extending to his personal life it seems. How can you be ‘off ya head’ and expect to be a parent? It’s a choice, it’s always a choice and for Brian it’s always about Brian.

Oh absolutely agree that this is symptomatic of his broader issues (as Mike also says). My point is that it is unsurprising seeing him do that, and that most of them do it. My issue at the moment is that there is a beat up from people who are themselves partial to it (Luke club owner Darcy being at the very head of that list).

Personally haven’t done it for quite some time - the anxiety hangover is something that far outweighs the fun on a night out.

It seems that cocaine or other substances are considered less of a risk than alcohol by the players, and there is some truth in that.

Trouble with drug use, is that it is treated as a criminal act rather than a health, particularly mental health issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bus driver from Link Transport who took me to a doctor's appointment this afternoon is a Richmond supporter. He was there at the 1980 Grand Final that began my hatred of the Tigers. I will have to make him an exception to my hatred of everything Richmond. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. :shoutyoldman:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/pros-and-cons-our-verdict-on-your-clubs-2019-fixture

The Bombers gain a third marquee game as North Melbourne's opponent on Good Friday, and by virtue of their expected rise up the ladder they have been returned to prime-time with a slew of Thursday and Friday night games.

The bolded bit made me spew up in my mouth a bit.

What the actual ****.

This is a team that finished 11th.

Just because there are a lot of Essinjector fan boys who work in the media does not justify this s**t.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/pros-and-cons-our-verdict-on-your-clubs-2019-fixture

What the actual ****.

Just because there are a lot of Essinjector fan boys who work in the media does not justify this s**t.
I think they have quite a few pieces already in place, B2B, and Shiel is going to compliment them quite nicely. Having a look at a possible best 22:

FB: Gleeson - Hooker - Francis
HB: McKenna - Hurley - Saad
C: Zaharakis - Heppell - McGrath
HF: Smith - McKernan - Fantasia
FF: Stringer - Daniher - Tipungwuti
R: Bellchambers - Shiel - Merrett
I: Langford - Myers - Guelfi - Parish

I think the core parts of that team are pretty solid. Shiel's going to have more of an impact than the sum of his parts because of the position he plays and how lacking they've been in on-ballers of late; he'll make those around him better. The core itself is also pretty young and could take another step.

I don't personally think they're going to rocket up the ladder - there are a few too many ordinary players there for mine. I think it's fair to expect some improvement, though - particularly when you consider that the likes of Sydney, GWS, Geelong and Port could fall away slightly this year.

What the actual ****.

I felt the same. So the AFL is now into picking winners?
Bet they won't be so trigger happy when it's us or St Kilda or Norfolk expected to rise up the ladder. Then they'll talk about "exposed form" or "first need to prove they are worth the prime slots".

Feck off AFL.

I felt the same. So the AFL is now into picking winners?
Bet they won't be so trigger happy when it's us or St Kilda or Norfolk expected to rise up the ladder. Then they'll talk about "exposed form" or "first need to prove they are worth the prime slots".

Feck off AFL.
Fair point, hadn't noticed the context of the quote. Definitely not justifiable.

Hawks picking up a St Kilda delisting? Don't know anything about the guy, other than he's been through their system

Another injury prone player they have picked up! Even if he gets his body right, don't think he's shown a great deal at AFL level previously but time will tell

Was curious, so put together a random attempt at a GC best 22.

FB: Collins - Hombsch - Joyce
HB: Harbrow - Thompson - Bowes
C: Weller - Brodie - Hanley
HF: Sexton - Day - Martin
FF: Corbett - Wright - Ainsworth
R: Witts - Swallow - Miller
I: Young - Fiorini - Horlin-Smith/Miles - MacPherson/Holman

Depth: Crossley, Burgess, Miles/GHS, Holman/MacPherson, Ah Chee, C. Ellis, Lemmens, Powell, Rischitelli, Ballard, Heron, Dawson

+ likely Lukosius, Rozee, Caldwell/King/Smith, then two second rounders

Don't get me wrong. It's bad. It's pretty awful, really. But I think maybe it's been overplayed (including by myself) just how horrendous it really is. I can see some similarities to the state we were in post-2014, where a lot rested on the young guys that we hadn't seen much of as yet. Could go either way, of course, but I think there are still good pieces in place. If the young guys can take a step forward and Dew is as good a coach as his reputation suggests, I think they could surprise a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back