News Towner, Chol and Drummond delisted

richmondfc.com.au

Drummond, 23, played five senior matches in what was an injury-interrupted four-year tenure at the Club.

A former Murray Bushranger, Drummond was recruited to the Tigers with pick No. 52 overall in the 2014 AFL National Draft.

“I really feel for Nathan, he has had a rotten run with injuries,” Balme said.

“He has suffered two serious knee injuries since joining the AFL system and has struggled to consistently play football.

“He has always held his head high and been the ultimate professional, even when he was going through tough patches.

“This was a difficult decision for the Club to make. We have no doubt Nathan will forge a successful career in whichever path he decides to take.”

The Clubs are certainly good on the PR these days. But sometimes I wonder about their Crystal Balls. A well worn phrase when you don't have much to offer. Not sure why it got a run here, but by all accounts did everything he could.:thumbsu: Beaten but not forgotten Lil Drummer Boy!

Happy for Towna if he gets two years from the Swans.
He was looking up how to get a carpentry apprenticeship late in 2017 knowing he would be delisted but he got a game vs Freo and played in a flag and got another year.
I love how our club looks after people first. Losing Towna because he gets a two year deal elsewhere shows me that this club cares about its people.

Yeah I agree. Just find it perplexing that other clubs value him at a two year deal but we don’t

Ah well. What do I know

What was wrong with chol?...i thought he was progressing well.

No doubt he was athletically gifted but just had no footy smarts. Perfect for a Rookie but just doesn't offer enough for a main list spot so I can understand the club's decision.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
No doubt he was athletically gifted but just had no footy smarts. Perfect for a Rookie but just doesn't offer enough for a main list spot so I can understand the club's decision.
Agree with you 100%. Chol is an athlete and not a footballer.

He'll have the odd game in the VFL where he'll blow you away with some crazy play, but majority of the time he's lost and would be a definite liability at senior level.

Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
We agree to disagree, I thought he was progressing well, he can play in backline or forward or even pinch ruckman and had improved a lot since we first got him... He's definitely worth rooking again .

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Chol is very athletic he can be use on either ends of the ground, those other blokes can't
CCJ & Balta are very athletic.
Chol is just an athlete not a footballer. Thats his issue IMO.
I wouldnt mind re-rookieing him but i think he may want to go back to qld if he isnt on our main list

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
CCJ & Balta are very athletic.
Chol is just an athlete not a footballer. Thats his issue IMO.
I wouldnt mind re-rookieing him but i think he may want to go back to qld if he isnt on our main list
Add Miller in there as well. Was a ruck utility at U18 level and a good athlete. Will come on this year.

We agree to disagree, I thought he was progress well, he can play in backline or forward or even pinch ruckman and had improved a lot since we first got him... He'ds definitely worth rooking again .

Yeah, I thought the improvement in Chol was pretty encouraging too, especially when he played fullback. Better at spoiling than marking, IMO. Also benefited from having a defined job to do.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back on the rookie list, but it's hard to see him improving our senior team. The club has to cut these fringe players loose at some point to try someone new.

The Clubs are certainly good on the PR these days. But sometimes I wonder about their Crystal Balls. A well worn phrase when you don't have much to offer. Not sure why it got a run here, but by all accounts did everything he could.:thumbsu: Beaten but not forgotten Lil Drummer Boy!

Drummo's VFL return from his first ACL was legitimately one of the highlights of 2016 for me. IIRC, he only played a few quarters at HBF and looked like the best player on the ground.

I thought the inside mail from guys in the know here was that Townsend was going to be re-signed. So much BS on this site
I think it’s a bit of a different one. Towner for his own sake has been freed up to allow the chance of a deal at another club, should it not happen Richmond will take him back as a Rookie.

Back