Current Lloyd Rayney Trial / Appeal

I doubt anyone would be game to say what I actually think happened. Im not. Not fearful of being called a nutter though.

You can delete your post, we'll disappear it. I certainly won't think it's too out there, to get even close to what really happened will require some lateral thinking imo.

And angels fear to tread stuff ..

freofc1994

All Australian
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Giants, Chelsea
I don't really subscribe to a conspiracy theory or that LR isn't in some way responsible or involved. I do subscribe to WAPOL making a complete hash of their investigation.

I don't really subscribe to a conspiracy theory or that LR isn't in some way responsible or involved. I do subscribe to WAPOL making a complete hash of their investigation.

LR would know only too well, "you can get away with anything - if you do it on your own".

And he couldn't have done this on his own imo.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

I subscribe to someone conspired with others, but not necessarily police or Lloyd. The s**t storm just isn't worth it and its not over if you had conspired with criminals. Its a further downhill slope IMHO, if someone has conspired with organised criminals.

Its already evident, Loyd would have struggled to dig a hole, let alone in an area which was still subject to police scrutiny, and obviously family searching and finding the card and two lighters. It just adds to the location being somewhere that evidence of Corryn would be found. Corryn was buried inside a police investigation in the metro area, where cameras were not active all the way.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would have spent a lot of resources to pair up every hour of his work time with an invoice to see if everyone paid fair value for his services.
He earned $660,000 in the year before Corryn disappeared which wasn't unusual for the work he was doing in private practice. However he's had a trial, appeal and defamation cases that have analsysed all the evidence in detail and still found him innocent. Not only that, in the 60 minutes program he's had former WA Chef Justice Martin come out supporting him, saying the cops planted the seed pod evidence. Justice Martin was Corryn's boss at the Supreme Court and would have been motivated more than most to find her murderer but it wasn't Lloyd.

In the defamation case there is evidence the judge said should have been investigated that she was seen by a cop on duty around 10.30 am on the night she went missing and her car was seen at 1.41 am with people struggling in the back seat. There is multiple DNA found at the burial site, on a hanky buried with her and in the car that don't belong to her or Lloyd.

The police had nasal scrapings that could prove where she was attacked and they refused to analyse it for 5 years until lawyers for LR at trial forced them to. This proved conclusively she had no molecules from the family residence in her nasal passage when she was last breathing. This should have stopped the cops in their tracks as it blew their theory of her arriving home and Lloyd killing her up in their faces, but they didn't.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
In 2014 the West Australian Police forensic science consultant involved in a five-year investigation into the death of Supreme Court registrar Corryn Rayney says any cold-case review could shed new light on evidence, given changes and improvements in DNA practices and technology.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...e/news-story/075ba17905d4ed719cf8af6f49bcbd13

They've now had a cold case review and apparently the case has been with the Coroner for two years now while they decide to have a Coroners inquiry or not. Someone asked questions about this before so any there any answers as to the delay? I wonder whether they now have found some matches for the unknown female and male DNA.

A likely candidate that may have been involved is "There's a body going in there" Lacco. He was convicted of two serious sexual assaults from 1988/9 and in prison until 2006 for those crimes. DNA wasn't taken in those early years. However he committed another serious assault breaking a females cheekbone and sentenced to a 9 month suspended sentence in the magistrates court!

https://www.news.com.au/national/we...d/news-story/8e36a57211b79ef312152dae01e8a721

Not sure whether he had DNA taken? CR went was abducted and murdered on the evening of 7th August 2007. He was picked up and arrested on a minor traffic offence on 14th August 2007, the day CR's body was found, with cuts on his face and injury to his eye and sand in the boot of his car. The task force in charge of CR's murder was not interested in interviewing him or looking at his car. Doubt DNA would have been taken then. May be wrong.

However he was charged in 2015 with other serious offences, so surely DNA was taken then if not earlier. I would expect the cold case review would have been comparing his DNA at the very least, but nothing has been released.

He earned $660,000 in the year before Corryn disappeared which wasn't unusual for the work he was doing in private practice
What I was implying is that if I were working with nefarious people and had a need for nefarious services then I would perform a service for that person at a heavily discounted rate so while no money has changed hands there has been a quid pro quo.

I'm basically insinuating that Llyod didn't kill his wife.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
What I was implying is that if I were working with nefarious people and had a need for nefarious services then I would perform a service for that person at a heavily discounted rate so while no money has changed hands there has been a quid pro quo.

I'm basically insinuating that Llyod didn't kill his wife.
If he'd organised a hit, he'd still be just as responsible in the law for killing his wife. It was alleged and investigated but nothing found. It's what I automatically assumed when he was found innocent.

However after doing a lot of reading of evidence, now I don't believe that. The most likely low lifes that evidence points to being involved were not investigated either at all or one only peripherally. With the bias the cops showed I believe that if there was any link with them to Lloyd they would have been all over them like a bad smell. In fact the opposite happened.

I wouldn't be investigating the clients he worked for, although I would be exploring his financials to see who was getting a suspiciously good deal, I'd be looking into their associates.

If I wanted someone killed I'd do a favor for someone who knew the person who did the deed. The easiest murder to get away with is the one you plan ahead but you don't know your victim, the police always explore the motive.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wouldn't be investigating the clients he worked for, although I would be exploring his financials to see who was getting a suspiciously good deal, I'd be looking into their associates.

If I wanted someone killed I'd do a favor for someone who knew the person who did the deed. The easiest murder to get away with is the one you plan ahead but you don't know your victim, the police always explore the motive.
I think that's how it went. He'd successfully defended a bikie associate in a murder trial who had a mate in jail that claimed the associate had asked him about getting rid of someone's wife for them. It was investigated and not only no links to the actual crime but for other reasons the story wasn't believed. It's detailed in the defamation judgement.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

As a prosecutor that might be tanking your capacity to prosecute. It's the beginning of the end when you hit that path though. The favour requests just keep coming because they would have something over him. A tainted prosecutor.

People have really crap marriages but they don't kill their spouse. As they see now, it's a long stressful road that never ends.

Interestingly, the phone tapper was police IT guy who had been shifted to another govt department, investigated for selling prescription amphetamine in another government department.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

So police did float the idea that there had been conspiracy to murder. Which suggests that this had the very real possibility of being a the work of organised crime and other persons of interest were not low level criminals as suggest earlier in the thread.

Johnny Montani claims he was offered a deal whereby he'd only serve two years in prison if he pleaded guilty to the murder of former bikie Kevin “Mick” Woodhouse and testify that Mr Rayney had asked for his assistance to “knock-off'” Corryn.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
So police did float the idea that there had been conspiracy to murder. Which suggests that this had the very real possibility of being a the work of organised crime and other persons of interest were not low level criminals as suggest earlier in the thread.

Johnny Montani claims he was offered a deal whereby he'd only serve two years in prison if he pleaded guilty to the murder of former bikie Kevin “Mick” Woodhouse and testify that Mr Rayney had asked for his assistance to “knock-off'” Corryn.
I have no doubt they asked these questions but I do also wonder if they wanted 2 birds one stone

There was serious doubts ( 1 hung 1 abandoned ) etc that getting Mantoni to admit to the Bayswater murder would have been a bigger feather in their cap than Rayney in my opinion

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Lacco and Eades look like the obvious alternative suspects but the way the boots were placed on the floor in the back, the almost blind panic to get that car out of there where it's run straight over a bollard without even thinking there might be a lump of concrete under it , that's something I would do ... gently place the boots on the floor from the drivers seat omfg how did I get myself into this, I just want to get out of here, oh there's a little paling, I'll just drive straight over the top of it, oh s**t ...what's that noise and the gears aren't working properly ... I dont care ... omfg .. you're going to hell shellyg

Woman had the job of taking the car out of there?

Personally, I think Corryn took the boots off in the Community centre. Corryn has then gone to a cafe with some of the line dancers. Corryn has then been abducted in a vehicle incident on the road much like Julie Cutler later in the evening.

We haven't heard if there was any evidence of a struggle.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I have no doubt they asked these questions but I do also wonder if they wanted 2 birds one stone

There was serious doubts ( 1 hung 1 abandoned ) etc that getting Mantoni to admit to the Bayswater murder would have been a bigger feather in their cap than Rayney in my opinion
Someone wanted something, but who went to who?

On 8 Aug 07, cops asked LR who may have a grudge against him or CR. He offered a name, Frank Robinson, who was in jail for wilful murder and apparently hadn't been happy with LRs advice regarding an appeal.

2 days after her body was found police received a call from Franks lawyer saying he wanted to talk with DSS Lee about CR's death, no one else & not in jail. They met on 21st.

He's their "source" who supposedly told them that when LR was representing Montani, he told him he was shocked that LR asked him to knock someone off for him. Robinson said he then met with LR regarding his own appeal & had written "yes" on his hand and showed LR at the time, although he "had no idea what he was saying yes to".

Now in return for this quality info, Frank wanted a few things from the cops as well:
- Fraud charges against his wife dropped.
- The DPP to stop an appeal against him.
- The DPP not to oppose his own appeal against his sentence.
- Arrangements to deport him stopped.
- Plus a favourable review for early release.

Yep, sounds totally legit!!

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
He earned $660,000 in the year before Corryn disappeared which wasn't unusual for the work he was doing in private practice. However he's had a trial, appeal and defamation cases that have analsysed all the evidence in detail and still found him innocent. Not only that, in the 60 minutes program he's had former WA Chef Justice Martin come out supporting him, saying the cops planted the seed pod evidence. Justice Martin was Corryn's boss at the Supreme Court and would have been motivated more than most to find her murderer but it wasn't Lloyd.

If I was earning $660000 a year, Id square it away and move on from the Mrs. Its not like he didn't have the capacity to deal with defamation.

AFAIK, lawyers arent allowed hold a PTY LTD, only partnership. Maybe he had all assets in the Mrs name?

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Personally, I think Corryn took the boots off in the Community centre. Corryn has then gone to a cafe with some of the line dancers. Corryn has then been abducted in a vehicle incident on the road much like Julie Cutler later in the evening.

We haven't heard if there was any evidence of a struggle.
The cop on duty who thought he saw Corryn around 10.30 pm with a male and female, described her with her boots on. Dragon task force made a big thing that Corryn's boots were calf high and the witness cop described them as knee high. They look fairly high calf to me and I'm not sure why it was such an issue they didn't investigate this sighting at all.

The picture of the boots does show the scuff marks on the heel that's talked about, with the theory that she was dragged over a hard surface. Only problem was it wasn't the bricks at the Rayney residence.

No one has ever come forward identifying themselves as the people that were seen with Corryn in this sighting, if it was her.

Lacco made press today, he's a real charmer.

A man once investigated over the murder of Corryn Rayney has been sentenced over a string of charges including the vicious bashing of a woman but could walk free next month despite being at high risk of reoffending.

Lacco faced the Perth Magistrates Court on Friday morning on eight charges including one count of common assault in circumstances of aggravation and one count of unlawful assault causing bodily harm.

The court heard Lacco inflicted 12 blows on a woman at a house in Bassendean in September 2015.

Later on Friday afternoon Lacco was also sentenced over six other outstanding charges including three counts of disorderly behaviour and possessing stolen property.

The court heard one of those charges related to Lacco masturbating at the Cannington police station in May this year and telling officers to "suck him off."

He was previously jailed for 12 months in 2016 for a range of other offences, including making threats against Mr Rayney.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...rison-ain-t-the-solution-20181102-p50do3.html

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The cop on duty who thought he saw Corryn around 10.30 pm with a male and female, described her with her boots on. Dragon task force made a big thing that Corryn's boots were calf high and the witness cop described them as knee high. They look fairly high calf to me and I'm not sure why it was such an issue they didn't investigate this sighting at all.

The picture of the boots does show the scuff marks on the heel that's talked about, with the theory that she was dragged over a hard surface. Only problem was it wasn't the bricks at the Rayney residence.

No one has ever come forward identifying themselves as the people that were seen with Corryn in this sighting, if it was her.

Maybe whacked over the head or strangled and dragged across the carpark backwards with arms under armpits?

579705_61a0fd4817fcb0eb51f69da0226a4de0.png

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Back