Rumour The aftermath when Demetriou flew to Adelaide in 2010

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It will only change if there's ever a majority of people against it. As it stands, a few West Australians who keep faithully paying their money regardless are getting upset.

Meh.

Majority of people? U sure Victoria on its own is “majority of people”? Means jack shite. Money rules.

I wonder what rich VFL clubs will think when they now have to put their pockets in even deeper to prop up other clubs. Interstate clubs do not need finance from anywhere. And people will still come and watch. U seem to forget we went through all this when WAFL got decimated. We know money brings in better players and people want to watch the top players.

Players will go where there is money. In NRL and cricket, country representation is the only thing that kept some players away. AFL has absolutely no carrot if someone comes in with a big cheque.

I hope this happens. For not other reason than to bring some vfl clubs to brink of bankruptcy so they become good little puppies and behave.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Demetriou is at Bastion sports consultancy now. Hird was at Gemba sports consultancy firm.

Evans, Hird and Demetriou were mates behind the scenes.

Bock was always seen to get off lightly.

Makes sense. When and who set up Bastion (I think it was Hamish McLachlan).

Who helped Hird set up Gemba? And when?

June 2010, there is a media article where Demetriou and Fitzpatrick tell Essendon to "be bold" and move to Melbourne Airport. That comment never made sense... "be bold".

June 2010, Rudd overthrow whilst all were watching World Cup soccer (i.e. distracted).

AFL works in PR as its strength (i.e. feed the masses crap).
Oh do give it up and zip it Akk

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Majority of people? U sure Victoria on its own is “majority of people”? Means jack shite. Money rules.

I wonder what rich VFL clubs will think when they now have to put their pockets in even deeper to prop up other clubs. Interstate clubs do not need finance from anywhere. And people will still come and watch. U seem to forget we went through all this when WAFL got decimated. We know money brings in better players and people want to watch the top players.

Players will go where there is money. In NRL and cricket, country representation is the only thing that kept some players away. AFL has absolutely no carrot if someone comes in with a big cheque.

I hope this happens. For not other reason than to bring some vfl clubs to brink of bankruptcy so they become good little puppies and behave.
I think you're overstating WA's importance to football and underestimating Vic's. How did the WAFL become 'decimated'? Was it that damn A(V)FL?

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I think you're overstating WA's importance to football and underestimating Vic's. How did the WAFL become 'decimated'? Was it that damn A(V)FL?

Im not overstating or understating anything. It’s not state vs state. They are just lines on a map.

Once more. Major interstate teams don’t need to beg for money each year like the homeless to survive like half of the Victorian clubs do. That’s the difference. Any disruption to flow of money will send half the teams bankrupt.

Football would survive, no doubt. But in what form is the question. But players will follow money and interstate teams do not rely on VFL teams and handouts to survive. As long as we get the 18-22 games at our stadium, we will be there. We won’t attend just because Collingwood isn’t playing in league!

Poor Vic teams will need to ask themselves where the free money will come from for them to survive. From big Vic teams. So then comes the question. Will they provide it? Or will they just join the new league.

When I say interstate teams I exclude GC and GWS. They are f-ed.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Im not overstating or understating anything. It’s not state vs state. They are just lines on a map.

Once more. Major interstate teams don’t need to beg for money each year like the homeless to survive like half of the Victorian clubs do. That’s the difference. Any disruption to flow of money will send half the teams bankrupt.

Football would survive, no doubt. But in what form is the question. But players will follow money and interstate teams do not rely on VFL teams and handouts to survive. As long as we get the 18-22 games at our stadium, we will be there. We won’t attend just because Collingwood isn’t playing in league!

Poor Vic teams will need to ask themselves where the free money will come from for them to survive. From big Vic teams. So then comes the question. Will they provide it? Or will they just join the new league.

You're drastically underestimating the amount of money it would take to make any of this occur.

You also have issues if you're this worked up about the AFL competition.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You're drastically underestimating the amount of money it would take to make any of this occur.

You also have issues if you're this worked up about the AFL competition.

Don’t know. How much?

Yep, I have issues and unless u have been living under a rock, a lot of people have issues with the AFL competition. Only the most ignorant would fail to see the inequality.

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

WA Footy Powerbase structure is being looked at, see my other post in here RE: Book.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Don’t know. How much?

Yep, I have issues and unless u have been living under a rock, a lot of people have issues with the AFL competition. Only the most ignorant would fail to see the inequality.

More than you or I will ever have access to, that's for sure.

I think you're overestimating how many people care. Sure, most of us might be like 'oh, that fixture kind of sucks' - but really, apart from a few extremist supporters, no one actually takes it personally.

A lot of people means maybe a couple of dozen frequent posters on BigFooty right? Maybe some complainy interstate journalists that want to have a complain when their team loses, or want to beat their chests about how good their team is.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
More than you or I will ever have access to, that's for sure.

I think you're overestimating how many people care. Sure, most of us might be like 'oh, that fixture kind of sucks' - but really, apart from a few extremist supporters, no one actually takes it personally.

A lot of people means maybe a couple of dozen frequent posters on BigFooty right? Maybe some complainy interstate journalists that want to have a complain when their team loses, or want to beat their chests about how good their team is.

I guess if inequality benefited me, I wouldn’t think anything of it either and would think it’s overestimated.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I guess if inequality benefited me, I wouldn’t think anything of it either and would think it’s overestimated.

I'm not sure if perhaps you missed September this year.

2018-Eagles-Flag.jpg

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Yeah nah. There's no struggle for money from any Vic club, it's just the clubs always want more. It's a con.

As for WA propping up Vic clubs, the only elite competition will be one that has more Vic clubs than others. We have more players playing at elite level than anyone else. We have more $$$ and people invested in the game. We're the home of football. And as for 'just lines on a map', I'll quote that next time a WCE fan whines about 'Vic bias'.

Now, how do you think WA would go if situations were reversed and you had 10 teams and Vic had two or even if we each had three?

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah nah. There's no struggle for money from any Vic club, it's just the clubs always want more. It's a con.

As for WA propping up Vic clubs, the only elite competition will be one that has more Vic clubs than others. We have more players playing at elite level than anyone else. We have more $$$ and people invested in the game. We're the home of football. And as for 'just lines on a map', I'll quote that next time a WCE fan whines about 'Vic bias'.

Now, how do you think WA would go if situations were reversed and you had 10 teams and Vic had two or even if we each had three?

Yaaaawn.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Inequality benefits your club in every single home game they play, week after week, year after year, without fail.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Makes up for the inequality at mcg. Look at the same at the grand final. Nearly cost us.

So same same
You played 3 games at the G this year, won the free kick count in 1 of them and lost it narrowly in the other 2. You played 14 games at your home ground and lost the free kick count in none of them. You averaged 8 more frees per game than your visiting opponents. You have won 66 of 79 free kick counts at home since 2011.

So not even in the same ballpark as same same.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You played 3 games at the G this year, won the free kick count in 1 of them and lost it narrowly in the other 2. You played 14 games at your home ground and lost the free kick count in none of them. You averaged 8 more frees per game than your visiting opponents. You have won 66 of 79 free kick counts at home since 2011.

So not even in the same ballpark as same same.

We only won the free kick count 10/14 times. Which is not unusual given we won 11 of those.

At least get ur facts right.

17-13 free kick count loss is granny was a significant difference given many weren’t paid.

So same same

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
We only won the free kick count 10/14 times. Which is not unusual given we won 11 of those.

At least get ur facts right.

17-13 free kick count loss is granny was a significant difference given many weren’t paid.

So same same

You guys fair dinkum are welcome to whinge but let's talk facts , compared to us well
FactWe supported the whole comp for 80 years with the love/ hate tribulism
You get 12 home games on a ground only 2 teams play on , huge advantage that the following teams receive
All interstate clubs
Geelong
Hawks in tassie
North in tassie
Teams that play at g are not advantaged as it's the home ground of 5 clubs and therefore teams are not disadvantaged due to familiar surrounds
Re Travel : I'm sure your club has a routine ,so every second week you travel , more advantageous than inconsistent travel but hardly a issue , drips on planes ect
History will is also seen to be quite scathing of the lack of governance over there re illicit drugs and in fact out of sight out of mind!

Seem to catch our guys though recently , but zip in the party days
Mainwarring ,chick ,Gardner ,cousins ,fletcher the bloke who held up a cash truck , rekins it was common knowledge
weird nothing about Geelong heh either
No tests ?
Stokes ,Thompson
The common denominator would be cook

Back