Racing Derby Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring his Flemington racord and the stable saying they've finally got him right now, the knock I have on Runson would be all his impressive wins have come on tracks where rolling on speed has been no disadvantage at all.

If there's some kinda rail bias today that will help, but they always seem to be eyeballing you then swamping you at the 300 when down the straight. I think he's short enough, but no knock if you're on at better odds.

The weight doesn't worry me with Osborne Bulls, just don't really like backing horses after big runs like his Everest one.

Bons Away has been ticking over nicely for something like this and Havasay is a strong finisher who might be suited to the straight - a small win bet on each at the double figure odds.

personally wouldn't classify being beat by Redzel by 3 a "big run" probably held form in what may have been better ground which flattered him. backing up off heavy is more what i'd be looking at for a potential poor run. that said not keen despite having a fair bit of him in Everest multiples.

Runson would be my do not touch off massive spike horse.

Beautifully timed Hughy - light and day difference between when Winx is in work!

personally wouldn't classify being beat by Redzel by 3 a "big run" probably held form in what may have been better ground which flattered him. backing up off heavy is more what i'd be looking at for a potential poor run. that said not keen despite having a fair bit of him in Everest multiples.
The heavy track was certainly part of my reasoning, but looking back it probably wasn't the typical high pressure burn out race you'd expect at that level. OB and Brave Smash coming out of it and winning probably cements that now.

I thought Runson was millions once he was crossed but he measured up quite well - good run.

No bias evident there, winner and 2nd horse both from well back down the middle.

Neither Prince Of Arran or Brimham Rocks are very good at getting to the line first, but I reckon that's definitely the formline through Yucatan. Provided the track's not too firm for him I'd lean slightly to the former.

Lots of smarties tipping up Jaameh loves the T/D but I just didn't like that Avilius race as much. Certainly I chance but I prefer the other two.

Yogi finally goes around at something like his correct price in these sort of races, so if you're in the hole on him you might be able to get square and I agree with Chism that Sole Impact could be the blowout. I don't really want to back him but in contrast to other imports he should relish the firmer track and Hughie looks to be in one of those moods where he's just gonna get anything up. Sharp improver?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumping on Sole Impact and Rising Red at the big odds with the delay here. Sole Impact had a lot against him first up and this is panels weaker than a CC. Rising Red im just going to forgive the last run, was tracking well before then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back