2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about Scrimshaw getting games straight away, might have to do his Box Hill apprenticeship.

Sicily a good option for us as a DEF - avg 93? I think this season. Takes the kick-ins when on the field, and has very rarely played on
Love watching the sic dog play. A few suspensions and his injury killed me last season though. Hopefully he starts playing on a bit more to bump up that average. Will monitor him over JLT

Not sure about Scrimshaw getting games straight away, might have to do his Box Hill apprenticeship.

Sicily a good option for us as a DEF - avg 93? I think this season. Takes the kick-ins when on the field, and has very rarely played on

Have we heard how the stats will work exactly for kick ins?

Avg 95.5. He might be able to get to 100. His white line fever worries me at that top end price.

Should be some really good premium defenders next year/ underpriced premiums due to injury.

Docherty and Z.Williams will be absolute locks for everyone. Whitfield, Blakely, Laird ect will be safe defender premiums

Have we heard how the stats will work exactly for kick ins?

Avg 95.5. He might be able to get to 100. His white line fever worries me at that top end price.

Should be some really good premium defenders next year/ underpriced premiums due to injury.

Docherty and Z.Williams will be absolute locks for everyone. Whitfield, Blakely, Laird ect will be safe defender premiums

Mmhmm. Especially with Neale gone

Going to be quite a few mids who are underpriced

Dusty priced at 92, reckon he gets back to 105-110

Adams 95, reckon he goes 104-108

Sloane 89, have him 100-105

Zerrett 101, will get back to 110-115

Always is. Its about picking those that step up over the ones that dont.

Ie Cripps, Coniglio, Jelwood last year

over Hanneberry, J.Steven, L.Parker ect

Zorko, Duncan are others for 2019

Always is. Its about picking those that step up over the ones that dont.

Ie Cripps, Coniglio, Jelwood last year

over Hanneberry, J.Steven, L.Parker ect

Zorko, Duncan are others for 2019
Think I’ll go 2 big dogs (Titch,Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Crouch etc) and then 2 of those underpriced guys like Dusty,Zorko and round out with a speculative guy like Hannebery

Think I’ll go 2 big dogs (Titch,Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Crouch etc) and then 2 of those underpriced guys like Dusty,Zorko and round out with a speculative guy like Hannebery

Wouldn’t touch Hannebery with an 1000 ft pole. Body is shot.

He can't get any worse though can he? If he looks somewhat rejuvenated in the JLT then a lot will jump on board.

I’ll be happy to let them. And look, it might come back to bite me - but he hasn’t played good footy for about 3 years now - how often does that turn around ?

Crouch isnt really such a big dog... Only priced at about 105 from memory

Ill be going this
Dangerfield
Brayshaw
M.Crouch
Z.Merrett
Dusty

as my premiums. Lease convinced on Dusty but i still like him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be happy to let them. And look, it might come back to bite me - but he hasn’t played good footy for about 3 years now - how often does that turn around ?

Yeah I agree that it's unlikely he'll be anything special. But at that price he'd be hard to pass up if he does well in the JLT.

Titch is an interesting one for me next season.

Coming in to this year i thought the people not starting him were crazy, not so sure about 2019 though.

Clarko hates an over reliance on one player (most coaches do to be fair) but he has mentioned plenty of times that the huge numbers he racks up is a sign that he is being asked to do too much. He also started a few center bounces on the half forward flank in the second half of the season.

Looking at our trade period i think Wingard has been brought in to help out in that area and will play a significant amount of time in the midfield, Scully if fit will play on a wing and allow players like Jaeger to play more minutes as an inside mid (taking away from Tom). Even Minchington i think has been brought in to bring depth to that midfield, now he is far far away from being guaranteed games in the 1's but i think it goes to show that Clarko wants us to bat deep in the midfield and it could impact his scoring.

Titch is an interesting one for me next season.

Coming in to this year i thought the people not starting him were crazy, not so sure about 2019 though.

Clarko hates an over reliance on one player (most coaches do to be fair) but he has mentioned plenty of times that the huge numbers he racks up is a sign that he is being asked to do too much. He also started a few center bounces on the half forward flank in the second half of the season.

Looking at our trade period i think Wingard has been brought in to help out in that area and will play a significant amount of time in the midfield, Scully if fit will play on a wing and allow players like Jaeger to play more minutes as an inside mid (taking away from Tom). Even Minchington i think has been brought in to bring depth to that midfield, now he is far far away from being guaranteed games in the 1's but i think it goes to show that Clarko wants us to bat deep in the midfield and it could impact his scoring.

One of the winners in 2018 didnt start with him

I most certainly wont start with him ill likely be putting my money into my rucks ie Grundy and Gawn or at least 1.

Having said that i still expect Tom Mitchell to avg 125+ at a bare minimum and be the highest fantasy scorer

Starting with him isnt the worse bet and id say he might be fairly unique ie ~20-30 % but in less of the dedicated top coached teams

Brayshaw is a real interesting one, could easily go 110+, or receed back to about 95-100. Teams started putting a little work into him late in the season

Yeh. His final series was a little under whelming im worried about the Viney effect but not too much. He got tagged twice and was severely limited in those games. Phillips on queens birthday and Howe in a final vs hawks he scored under 61 in both.

That is a bit of a concern and maybe ill look to Oliver or Cripps and just pay the big dollars for them

Yeh. His final series was a little under whelming im worried about the Viney effect but not too much. He got tagged twice and was severely limited in those games. Phillips on queens birthday and Howe in a final vs hawks he scored under 61 in both.

That is a bit of a concern and maybe ill look to Oliver or Cripps and just pay the big dollars for them
Cripps looks untaggabble, just too big. His bad days are 90-95. Oliver will be good again but got tagged a heap towards the end of the year when the media were talking him up. Will be 105-110 again but don’t think there’s a lot of growth there in terms of scoring

Cripps looks untaggabble, just too big. His bad days are 90-95. Oliver will be good again but got tagged a heap towards the end of the year when the media were talking him up. Will be 105-110 again but don’t think there’s a lot of growth there in terms of scoring

With Cripps they kept seeming to not bother with a tag as much as they shouldve due to the blues being so poor with an improvement in team he could get more tags. Albeit only keeping him to 80s-95.

Ill likely pick one of Dusty or P.Cripps pending how much money i have left for the last premo mid.

Ill probably lock in Dangerfield, Z.Merrett, M.Crouch, A.Brayshaw now.... cant see the first 3 changing unless of injury or limited preseason.

With Cripps they kept seeming to not bother with a tag as much as they shouldve due to the blues being so poor with an improvement in team he could get more tags. Albeit only keeping him to 80s-95.

Ill likely pick one of Dusty or P.Cripps pending how much money i have left for the last premo mid.

Ill probably lock in Dangerfield, Z.Merrett, M.Crouch, A.Brayshaw now.... cant see the first 3 changing unless of injury or limited preseason.
Zerrett and Crouch Locke’s for me too. Zerrett 10-15 underpriced imo due to concussion and not coping with tags early on. Crouch likewise with concussion early. See him making the jump to 110-115 next season

Cripps my #1 midfielder in 2019 I reckon. Capable of 120+ average and some huge games. Even his poor games are a pass mark.

Zerrett and MCrouch my value pair. Also capable of 110+ averages and are undervalued going into next year.

Angus Brayshaw is my final big name mid. Has shown he can take it to the next level and I love his +6s. That being said...I'm starting to consider Josh Kelly instead.

It'll be interesting what the main go with rucks in 2019 will be. Will Grundy and Gawn from the beginning be necessary? With Preuss at Melbourne now will Gawn score less? Will Goldstein pop up and becoming a top 2 ruck? So many questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back