• Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Round 3: Queensland v Western Australia @ Allan Border Field
Saturday 3rd November 2018 - Tuesday 6th November 2017

CA scorecard:
https://live.cricket.com.au/match/2...rriors-jlt-sheffield-shield-2018-19/scorecard

Position | Team | Matches | Wins | Losses | Draws | Bat Bonus Points | Bowl Bonus Points | Total Points
\1|Victoria|2|2|0|0|3.27|2.00|17.27
\2|Tasmania|2|1|1|0|1.00|2.00|9.00
\3| Western Australia |2|1|1|0|0.51|1.80|8.31
\4|South Australia|2|0|0|2|1.59|2.00|5.59
\5|New South Wales|2|0|1|1|0.46|1.30|2.76
\6| Queensland |2|0|1|1|0.31|0.90|2.21

QLD XII
  • 59. Jimmy PEIRSON (c)(+)
  • 15. Joe BURNS
  • 35. Brendan DOGGETT
  • 58. Luke FELDMAN
  • 47. Sam HEAZLETT
  • 44. Charlie HEMPHREY
  • 9. Marnus LABUSCHAGNE
  • 20. Michael NESER
  • 94. Matthew RENSHAW
  • 16. Mark STEKETEE
  • 22. Mitchell SWEPSON
  • 24. Jack WILDERMUTH
In: Steketee
Out:

Queensland add Steketee to the XI that held out for a draw against SA.

WA XIII

• 10. Mitchell MARSH (c)
  • 17. Ashton TURNER
  • 39. Will BOSISTO
  • 35. Hilton CARTWRIGHT
  • 31. Cameron GREEN
  • Aaron HARDIE (SS debut)
  • 95. Josh INGLIS (+)
  • 12. Matthew KELLY
  • 15. David MOODY
  • 27. Josh PHILIPPE
  • 7. Usman QADIR
  • 2. Jhye RICHARDSON
  • 8. Jonathan WELLS
In: Bosisto, M.Marsh, Qadir
Out: Shaun MARSH, Marcus STOINIS (both Aus duties)

Hardie is a 19 year all-rounder who scored a century in the last Futures League match.

Weather
  • Saturday
    partly-cloudy.png
    17-32 - Mostly sunny.
  • Sunday
    partly-cloudy.png
    19-33 - Partly cloud. Slight (20%) chance of a shower.
  • Monday
    partly-cloudy.png
    21-33 - Mostly sunny.
  • Tuesday
    partly-cloudy.png
    21-34 - Partly cloudy.

Last edited:
Should be interesting. Stoinis is in good form, can Marsh replicate it?

Bosisto
Phillippe
Cartwright
Turner
Marsh
Inglis
Hardy
Green
Richardson
Qadir
Kelly

Renshaw
Burns
Labuschagne
Hemphrey
Heazlett
Wildermuth
Peirson
Neser
Steketee
Swepson
Doggett

Last edited:

Green rested, which is fair enough. But why not give Hardie a run, instead of gifting more games to Bosisto and Wells?

Into the third game of the season and Green needs a rest; seems crazy to me. I 100% agree on giving Hardie a run. Bosisto and Wells have had more than enough opportunity.

Into the third game of the season and Green needs a rest; seems crazy to me. I 100% agree on giving Hardie a run. Bosisto and Wells have had more than enough opportunity.

Ideally you'd keep him going, especially given he's in form. He probably played more of the one day cup than they were expecting, which has created the need for the arbitrary rest earlier rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Qadir might be useful on this pitch but he's been unimpressive. Be really interesting to see what the Qld leggies do on this pitch in comparison.

s**t to bowl on and s**t to bat on. A nothing pitch that really does nothing to promote the game.
Seems similar to the Victoria vs SA match. Cooper and Lehmann did it easy but yet the others showed it was tough.

448 is a good score. I can see WA really struggling here, this is exactly the type of scenario where they fall apart. Qadir looks pretty average at SS level. It will be very interesting to see how Swepson bowls.

He's only a game and a half in to his Shield career - I hope we don't toss him aside. He'll grow in confidence as the season goes.

Not suggesting he gets tossed aside. I think it would have been better to give him some time to settle at grade level. I can't see his confidence growing if keeps going at 5.5+ / over and the only wickets are those going for quick runs.

Not suggesting he gets tossed aside. I think it would have been better to give him some time to settle at grade level. I can't see his confidence growing if keeps going at 5.5+ / over and the only wickets are those going for quick runs.
I only caught a part of the stream but the commentators were pretty critical of the fields Marsh set for him.

I only caught a part of the stream but the commentators were pretty critical of the fields Marsh set for him.

fair enough, I didn't hear that. I suppose Marsh has never captained a team with a leggie in it before. Confidence in your bowler by having decently attacking field settings would help too.

fair enough, I didn't hear that. I suppose Marsh has never captained a team with a leggie in it before. Confidence in your bowler by having decently attacking field settings would help too.
I might just be grasping at straws because I really want Qadir to do well. :)

Back