Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lotto balls anyone?

45041876_2226699117340092_8954829361291198464_n.jpg

Rubin Kazan have yet another logo... This would be their 4th between 2000-2018.
Not sure when it was designed, but it would have had to be recent.
http://www.rubin-kazan.ru/en/logo
images (28).jpeg
(Note the year 1950 in this one...)
images.png
(But 1958 in these ones......)
images (27).jpeg

One and Eleven have already been rebranded to 10Boss and 10Peach respectively.

The whole thing is weird. Probably time the logo was updated, its been more or less the same for pretty much my whole life. Will take a bit of getting used to. But the rebranding of the multichannels is just bizarre. Like what do they even mean? As mentioned above, it just sounds like Mario references.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the new Channel 10 in some colours, but not others. The 10 Sport logo looks good, but the 10 Daily logo looks like it could be for an interior design magazine (Which I guess is fitting for the demographic that watches daytime tele).

I like that it is fresh, but not super modern either. You could put logo onto top of an 80s or 90s broadcast, and it would fit in fine.

Although the ‘fold’ of the 1 reminds me a lot of Channel 7.

KN3D9pA.jpg

The top three logos are the Ten Channels before the rebrand, the next three are the rebranded logos. The next three are what I would rebrand them.
The logos below the line are to describe what I am talking about. When the Digital Channels were first aired we had One, Go!, Gem, 7two and 7mate. The Channel 7 channels (7two and 7mate) were the more successful, so Channel 9 followed their lead and renamed their channels 9Go! and 9Gem. Now 10 has followed with 10BOSS and 10Peach. But the problem that I find with these station names is the names don't say where the channel is. For over 60 years our country has found there television channels by numbers. We have had 2, 7, 9, 10 and 28. The former names that Channel 10 had said were the channel was. One came before 2 and 11 came after 10. 7two happens to be 72, but 7mate is it at 78, not it is actually 73. 7flix is 76.

The logos I created are all the same shape so they can be easily changed, and all use the same numbers as the new 10 logo. The new 10 logo looks to have something to do with the logo of their owners CBS.

KN3D9pA.jpg

The top three logos are the Ten Channels before the rebrand, the next three are the rebranded logos. The next three are what I would rebrand them.
The logos below the line are to describe what I am talking about. When the Digital Channels were first aired we had One, Go!, Gem, 7two and 7mate. The Channel 7 channels (7two and 7mate) were the more successful, so Channel 9 followed their lead and renamed their channels 9Go! and 9Gem. Now 10 has followed with 10BOSS and 10Peach. But the problem that I find with these station names is the names don't say where the channel is. For over 60 years our country has found there television channels by numbers. We have had 2, 7, 9, 10 and 28. The former names that Channel 10 had said were the channel was. One came before 2 and 11 came after 10. 7two happens to be 72, but 7mate is it at 78, not it is actually 73. 7flix is 76.

The logos I created are all the same shape so they can be easily changed, and all use the same numbers as the new 10 logo. The new 10 logo looks to have something to do with the logo of their owners CBS.
understand why the uniformity of what you've proposed looks good, but i see why they've gone the direction they did. having all their channels under the "channel 10" brand will do a lot for their marketing. having "one", "ten" and "eleven" all run by the same network did seem a bit odd.

KN3D9pA.jpg

Can't help but feel like in today's age, having a "blokes" (Boss) and "ladies" (Peach) channel just seems unnecessary.

Having them labelled as separate numbers can allow for the distancing from the other channels if it is necessary. All channels under the same name would be tarred with the same brush if anything bad comes out in the news. Having different image and name for each channel can allow for one to be blamed while the others keep clean.

Ahem. Mate and Flix.

Also, Gem is targeted towards the middle aged woman and Go for the younger generation.

7mate I agree with on that same note - just feels unnecessary. Flix I never really took as particularly feminine though, I thought it was a movies channel. That being said, I don't watch enough TV to know.

Wasn't the Food Network partnered with SBS after being on Foxtel?

SBS has decided to do its own food thing as the initial deal has expired, apparently sbs is now going to do less reality based food shows. And now 7 has made the same/similar deal with the us food network. Not sure if they had a deal with Foxtel, if they did it would be the food networks third australian partner with the deals only lasting the one term for the previous 2 networks

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back