Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

NMFC-header.png

Training return: The first-to-fourth-year players will start pre-season training on Monday, November 5, while the rest are back on November 19.

Injury list: Ben Brown (hip) and Majak Daw (broken foot) will be restricted until after Christmas as they recover from respective surgeries, while Trent Dumont (thumb) and Taylor Garner (hamstring) are also on light duties until then. Others to watch include Will Walker (knee), Sam Durdin (broken leg), Ed Vickers-Willis (knee), Declan Watson (knee) and Cam Zurhaar (ankle). Ben Jacobs (concussion/sinusitis) will be right from day one.

Draft picks: 42, 47, 48, 49, 55, 58, 86

Major off-field moves: Rhyce Shaw, the AFL Coaches' Association assistant of the year the past two seasons, and new head of development Aaron Greaves are the additions to Brad Scott's coaching staff. Defence coach Josh Drummond(Gold Coast) and development coach Ben Dyer, who returned to Western Australia, are the departures.

Round one: Fremantle, Optus Stadium, Sunday, March 24, 3.20pm AWST

2019 Premiership odds: $29

And another thing ... The annual Utah high-altitude training camp, which Jed Anderson voluntarily went on last year ahead of his breakout season, won't officially be happening. Some Roos, including Paul Ahern, Declan Watson, Cam Zurhaar and Sam Durdin, made the trip off their own bat.

First- to fourth-year players should be commencing their pre-season campaigns today. Who's heading to Arden Street?

And another thing ... The annual Utah high-altitude training camp, which Jed Anderson voluntarily went on last year ahead of his breakout season, won't officially be happening. Some Roos, including Paul Ahern, Declan Watson, Cam Zurhaar and Sam Durdin, made the trip off their own bat.
Looks like some players are taking pre-season seriously. Delist the rest.

I have added respect for all of them.

Countdown until someone turns this in to an opportunity to shitcan Luke McDonald/Hrovat/insert WBC name here....in....5....4....3....

Countdown until someone turns this in to an opportunity to shitcan Luke McDonald/Hrovat/insert WBC name here....in....5....4....3....
Looks like Daw didn't go, I've lost respect for the guy. You'd think he would be do everything possible to make himself white, and there's nothing better for that than going to the snow.

Agree. Durdin and Watson cop a fair bit of criticism on here, but both are coming back from serious injuries, and this shows they are dedicated and determined to give their careers the best chance possible. They are behind the eight ball, but they deserve respect and I hope they can make it as North Melbourne players.

Ahern and Zurhaar on the other hand are looking at big years ahead, so good to see them getting a head start too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that is two toned with one blue fading to the other I will be bitterly disappointed. I liked the camo, I liked the orange, and I even liked the stuff that looked like it belonged to an indoor cricket team but a shirt that looks like someone dipped half of it in bleach...not this year canterbury.

The list of players currently training:

Zurhaar
Morgan
Hayden
McKay
Anderson
Walker
Xerri
Ahern
Larkey
Murphy
Simpkin
LDU
EVW
Watson

Physicals obs on Larkey, Hayden, Xerri, Ahern, Watson, EVW & LDU please?

Put on/lost size, moving well, looks in good nick etc.

Physicals obs on Larkey, Hayden, Xerri, Ahern, Watson, EVW & LDU please?

Put on/lost size, moving well, looks in good nick etc.

Not there my self but going off texts.

Larkey - 'Some' size added
Hayden - Still Bulky
Ahern - Has lost a fair few kgs
EVW - Fit
LDU - Packed on some size

JZ and Mason Wood have turned up as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back