Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course Mitch Robbo is back with the early starters. That guy has a lions heart. Hope his fanaticism rubs off on more talented youngsters - imagine a team of more skilled Robbos running all over the opposition. That'd be nice to watch.

Hodgey out there too.

Went for my normal run at 9am this morning and blew up - only managed 2/3 of the distance at about 1/2 pace. Those boys are going to drop like flies if the do a 2k time trial today.

Big qld welcome to McCarthy and Adams. It's the rip the band aid off style welcome - after this week they won't be wondering how tough the heat is going to be.

I was expecting hodge to be there as he is really a part of the coaching staff. I figure it's a certainty that we will offer him a coaching role next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if the offer is already on the table. I'd definitely like him to stay on board with the Lions for as long as possible after he retires.

I wouldn't be surprised if the offer is already on the table. I'd definitely like him to stay on board with the Lions for as long as possible after he retires.

The only thing that I think would pull him away would be the hawks bottoming out and in need of his ability with newbies. But I really believe he will stay with us until this group has achieved/peaked with at least multipe finals campaigns.

The only thing that I think would pull him away would be the hawks bottoming out and in need of his ability with newbies. But I really believe he will stay with us until this group has achieved/peaked with at least multipe finals campaigns.

I think it will probably come down to whether he wants to get into coaching immediately or take a cushy, high-paying media gig for a while. I'm sure at some point he ends up doing something with Hawthorn down the track but can't see it being next year. I hope you're right that he does stay with us until we're seeing some success before he entertains other offers. I'm sure he's already invested and that should only grow as the team continues to improve next year. Hopefully the family is loving Brisbane and the kids are settled in school and he opts to stay. Would be a good coaching apprenticeship at an up and coming club, looks great on the resume if he's part of success and Hawthorn and a media role will always be available down the line so no rush.

I think it will probably come down to whether he wants to get into coaching immediately or take a cushy, high-paying media gig for a while. I'm sure at some point he ends up doing something with Hawthorn down the track but can't see it being next year. I hope you're right that he does stay with us until we're seeing some success before he entertains other offers. I'm sure he's already invested and that should only grow as the team continues to improve next year. Hopefully the family is loving Brisbane and the kids are settled in school and he opts to stay. Would be a good coaching apprenticeship at an up and coming club, looks great on the resume if he's part of success and Hawthorn and a media role will always be available down the line so no rush.

Imo you don't uproot a young family for a playing gig only to move them back two years later unless they hate it there, which in his case his family love it. I can see him staying doing a mix of media and assistant coaching like he is doing now with playing.

JB2:hearts:...

....just needs to develop the strut and fierce look:D
He's working on it
180277_2019_Membership_Digital_Launch_Lifecycle_v3.gif

Tipping one year coaching then back to Melbs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still Could’ve fallen back into the media career he was building instead of coming all the way up here.
The landscape has changed a bit around media contracts,it doesn't matter who you are there aren't the blank cheques there used to be.I reckon the footy offer was up to twice the media offers coming in-it's worth moving the family.The length of period he stays on coaching in Brissie will be dependant on dollars IMO.Not beyond the realms it's a nice contract offered but I think if he can earn the same in Melbourne he'll move back.

Fagan gets asked about Beams at 4:56 of this video - his answer is just complete class. How can you not love this guy.

I have said it before. Others have said it many times. I will say it again. What an inspired selection to appoint this man as our coach. Saviour of our footy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back