Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

SilvaComet

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
upload_2018-11-4_18-25-14.png

News to me - seeing as last I checked, you said you'd be okay with someone else running it because you already had NAFL.

Where'd I say that? Even if so, I don't recall you messaging me being like "hey, do you mind if I take over the T20 comp?"

Who cares who's running it, just get it up and running!

T20A will drop in December - much more quick fire than previous seasons. Will probably open up bids early-mid December with a 2-3 week design period, then the comp runs through January.

Trying to coincide with the Big Bash which is when people actually have interest/motivation in designing for cricket. That being said, nothing stopping people from starting their designs now.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I'm curious about this magpienato running Can-Am idea. When was the last time FJGD had a cage match?

About 3 years ago.

And this would never get to the match, magpienato would suffer a mysterious injury/death before making it to the ring and have to forfeit.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Nah to be honest, would love to run a competition of my own one day. Probably haven't been on this board long enough but if the opportunity presents itself...

I have my heart set on an Australia Gridiron competition but I'll wait till after exams next year to get the ball rolling.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Competition proposal:

TDWtVdj.png

Australian Basketball Association

Last year I ran an International Rules comp with the special feature being the draft for locations and colours. With no International Rules this year there isn't going to be a real appetite for that, but with NM_Mitchell's AAB comp lying dormant, I figured it might be time for a new basketball competition on this board.

Particulars:

- Locations (based within Australia) and colours will be drafted from a list I prepare as per the International Rules comp. The difference this year will be instead of first in best dressed, i'll get a list of entrants and randomise the draft order in the interest of fairness. You can choose whatever nickname you like. For example Fizzler might get pick 1, he might choose Perth and Red and call his team the Hedgehogs. Dylan might get pick 2 and choose Townsville and Purple and call his team the Acrobats. No 2 teams will have the same location or primary colour.

- Quickfire competition. This doesn't need to outstay it's welcome and will be over and done with within a month. There may be a league or it might just be straight knockout if we get a lot of numbers.

- You'll produce a home white and coloured away uniforms that will go on the same image, so you only enter one image.

- No stolen logos obviously, make your own.

I'd be looking to get the design phase underway once people have submitted their CCRC entries, but there will be a bit to do before that with the draft, so i'll likely get stuff organised pretty quickly.

SilvaComet

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
T20A will drop in December - much more quick fire than previous seasons. Will probably open up bids early-mid December with a 2-3 week design period, then the comp runs through January.

Trying to coincide with the Big Bash which is when people actually have interest/motivation in designing for cricket. That being said, nothing stopping people from starting their designs now.
So you're reclaiming it? I'm probably a bit busy anyways doing 2 portfolios going into next month.

That being said, it would be nice getting a bit of experience.

So you're reclaiming it? I'm probably a bit busy anyways doing 2 portfolios going into next month.

That being said, it would be nice getting a bit of experience.

I’m actually not going to be running it - but you won’t be either. You’ve rocked up after a massive period of inactivity, and you just went and claimed it without having the common courtesy of even asking me first.

Pretty happy with who I have chosen to run the competition though.

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Competition proposal:

TDWtVdj.png

Australian Basketball Association

Last year I ran an International Rules comp with the special feature being the draft for locations and colours. With no International Rules this year there isn't going to be a real appetite for that, but with NM_Mitchell's AAB comp lying dormant, I figured it might be time for a new basketball competition on this board.

Particulars:

- Locations (based within Australia) and colours will be drafted from a list I prepare as per the International Rules comp. The difference this year will be instead of first in best dressed, i'll get a list of entrants and randomise the draft order in the interest of fairness. You can choose whatever nickname you like. For example Fizzler might get pick 1, he might choose Perth and Red and call his team the Hedgehogs. Dylan might get pick 2 and choose Townsville and Purple and call his team the Acrobats. No 2 teams will have the same location or primary colour.

- Quickfire competition. This doesn't need to outstay it's welcome and will be over and done with within a month. There may be a league or it might just be straight knockout if we get a lot of numbers.

- You'll produce a home white and coloured away uniforms that will go on the same image, so you only enter one image.

- No stolen logos obviously, make your own.

I'd be looking to get the design phase underway once people have submitted their CCRC entries, but there will be a bit to do before that with the draft, so i'll likely get stuff organised pretty quickly.

News to me - seeing as last I checked, I ran ABA.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
News to me - seeing as last I checked, I ran ABA.

You ran 1 season of AAB, which finished 18 months ago and you haven't made a single post about since, and you've made a handful of posts on the board in the last 6 months at all. When were you planning to run another season?

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
You ran 1 season of AAB, which finished 18 months ago and you haven't made a single post about since, and you've made a handful of posts on the board in the last 6 months at all. When were you planning to run another season?
Taking the piss mate, AAB won't be back under my guidance, go well dude!

Back