Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd need at least a 3rd track to run an express like that as well wouldn't they.

and then it comes down to the cost for the number of punters it will move

s**t like this annoys me (and both parties do it), where they issue hail mary unfunded unrealistic promises. All just because they know they wont win and have no need to worry about delivering. it "wins" however because it stretches the other side to risk having to match it

One thing to point out: Jeff Kennett also got a lot of things done, and many Daniel Andrews supporters around would have formed political views in that time. Many of these people are willing to excuse Andrews' lack of consultation on infrastructures constructions (SkyRail being the obvious one) but weren't willing to excuse this of Kennett.

If you care about the process, perhaps Daniel Andrews' Labor isn't the choice for you.

One thing to point out: Jeff Kennett also got a lot of things done, and many Daniel Andrews supporters around would have formed political views in that time. Many of these people are willing to excuse Andrews' lack of consultation on infrastructures constructions (SkyRail being the obvious one) but weren't willing to excuse this of Kennett.

People don't generally care how something is done so long as it is done. The vast majority are pleased with the things Kennet built.

The problem is that Kennett also did a lot of things that have caused or exacerbated many problems that we are struggling to rectify today. Closing down schools, shutting rail lines etc, selling off assets and privatisations etc.

I'd say many people will vote for Andrews for much the same reason they continued to vote for Kennett they may not like the prick but he gets stuff done, the trick will be in not overstaying your welcome and reading the public's mood. At a certain point Kennett's negatives vastly outweighed his positives.

The worst thing you can be in Victorian politics is useless like Ballieu and Napthine.

Last edited:

If you care about the process, perhaps Daniel Andrews' Labor isn't the choice for you.

That works the other way too: support the achiever rather than the side you lean toward.
btw I have seen skyrail. Its considerably more attractive than the canterbury overpass or the trench between camberwell and hawthorn.

Surrey Hills will be interesting given the backlash last time it was mooted

People were consulted on Skyrail - don't confuse a few noisy whingers not getting what they want with a lack of consultation.

If it's "process" you care about, you're going to vote for Andrews a hell of a long time before you vote for Guy. (Not that people vote on process - they'll vote on the result of a decision, not on how a decision was made.)

I've got no problems with kids studying the concept of faith and varying religions, I'd like to see philosophy taught in primary school. But this is the Liberal Party and all it will be is proselytising.

lol but "safe schools" brainwashing is ok though.

National governments love immigration because it makes them look good by increasing GDP - but not necessarily GDP per capita, which is a better indicator of whether we are well off.

Yes, see Wayne the abacus Swan and his dribble re avoiding a recession. Then again, one cant expect arts grads to comprehend the argument, as simple as it is.

PS STAMP DUTY

Is there nothing ALP that you wont defend, no matter how insane?

What about teaching kids to accept and embrace each other is "insane".

And you know nothing about me or how I vote, as is evidenced by the assumption you made here.

What about teaching kids to accept and embrace each other is "insane".

And you know nothing about me or how I vote, as is evidenced by the assumption you made here.

Do you know who Roz Ward is? Indefensible and utterly unacceptable.

I would happily walk in to Ladbrokers and back you not to vote coalition at the next election (or the ones after)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proposing to introduce a policy to teach children a fantasy tale of immaculate conception and 3-random dudes turning up with gifts!

#stupidity!

take that any day over the moronic proposed property rental law.

#justasmallreno
#puppet

Do you know who Roz Ward is? Indefensible and utterly unacceptable.

I would happily walk in to Ladbrokers and back you not to vote coalition at the next election (or the ones after)

You'd be well advised to educate yourself beyond what Bernadi/Abbott, Sky after dark and the worst of Newscorp's columnists have to say, cos at the moment you're weakly pointing to a personality rather than any actual reason that teaching kids kindness and acceptance is supposedly a bad thing, and you're tacitly suggesting that her own sexuality precludes her from being involved in such a program (which she no longer is.)

You'd be well advised to educate yourself beyond what Bernadi/Abbott, Sky after dark and the worst of Newscorp's columnists have to say, cos at the moment you're weakly pointing to a personality rather than any actual reason that teaching kids kindness and acceptance is supposedly a bad thing, and you're tacitly suggesting that her own sexuality precludes her from being involved in such a program (which she no longer is.)

Its not her sexuality its her moronic beliefs that are the issue. No rational person would argue that her crackpot gender theories should be shoved down childrens throats.

lol but "safe schools" brainwashing is ok though.

For the eleventh million time, it's a resource for teachers and principals to assess bullied children. It is not taught in class.

Let's continue to lie on the internet though.

For the eleventh million time, it's a resource for teachers and principals to assess bullied children. It is not taught in class.

Let's continue to lie on the internet though.

https://theconversation.com/safe-schools-review-findings-experts-respond-56425

The review of the official Safe Schools resource also found that exercises designed to help students think about how to be an ally to peers with diverse sexual orientations or gender identities “might be more difficult for students from a family with conservative social or religious views on same-sex attraction”.

Kennett got a second term easily. Hubris got him in the end though.

Its not her sexuality its her moronic beliefs that are the issue. No rational person would argue that her crackpot gender theories should be shoved down childrens throats.

What a great argument to put. "Anyone who doesn't agree with my bigoted, homophobic bullshit that I've parroted from Bolt and Divine can't possibly be a rational person" is what you're effectively saying.

In some ways the postal survey we had last year served some good, cos it showed that people like me don't have to worry about people like you any more. You're a luddite who is out of step with mainstream Australia, so you don't matter.

What a great argument to put. "Anyone who doesn't agree with my bigoted, homophobic bullshit that I've parroted from Bolt and Divine can't possibly be a rational person" is what you're effectively saying.

In some ways the postal survey we had last year served some good, cos it showed that people like me don't have to worry about people like you any more. You're a luddite who is out of step with mainstream Australia, so you don't matter.
LOL supporting same sex marriage doesn't mean supporting safe schools. I know numerous people who supported ssm yet think that the creators of safe schools like Ward are left leaning loons and a large chunk of their content was crackpot theory crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back