Racing Melbourne Cup eve form review - starts 8pm Monday night

13. Finche (GB)
C. Waller
Z. Purton (15)

Intriguing likely raced runner that looks one of the better roughies in the race. Expect him to improve out of Geelong and think the 3200m on a big track should suit. I have him completing my top 7 and no shock if he acts as a blow out for exotics. A win would shock though.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Wasn't good enough in a very inferior race last time. Can probably turn the tables on that winner, but not a F4 chance IMO.

Have seen him being tipped up as the overs by a few good judges, so maybe I'm missing something.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Red Cardinal - $101 into $35 after showing no form whatsoever for more than a year. Going putrid really. Get ****ed if this thing wins after that and test it for any substance you can fit in a syringe

Red Cardinal - $101 into $35 after showing no form whatsoever for more than a year. Going putrid really. Get ****** if this thing wins after that and test it for any substance you can fit in a syringe

This - a milkshake Ben Johnson would be proud of its only hope

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not the Melbourne Cup if you don't pick out a 100-1 shot for the multiples. VM is mine. Will stay the trip no problem and the low draw was perfect. Got shuffled back and lost ground in the CC when Our Taj Mahal took off early but was only beaten 4.5L. Moroney has rated the horse as a cup runner for a long time. Lob a place sweet prince.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't the worst run in the Caulfield Cup but he is a good 2 or 3 levels below most of these for class. Could see him maybe sneaking top 10 if he ran to his absolute best but thats about it. Expect him to finish about 16th-20th

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Has been battling away OK in the leadups, but just not good enough to trouble the top end. Good draw and a decent Flemington record gives him a Top 10 chance.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
A solid 10th - 15th horse. Has just a little bit of class and can stay just ok. We know how good he is and he wont be reaching a new peak. Should be finishing somewhere mid pack

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
Look, he's not as good as #BLU but his last run was encouraging. How much has this wind op really helped him?

He did beat Muntahaa by 7 lengths in the St. Leger albeit, that was in 2016...

If he doesn't get as far back as he did in the CC he could surprise

It hasn’t. The rest just didn’t go that well and made the run look better than it was.

Back