Official Match Thread S26 Round 16 Gumbies FFC vs Baghdad Bombers at Shanghai Stadium, China (House Of Gumby)

The top attraction in Shanghai is:

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gum v Bag.JPG
upload_2018-11-5_21-18-8.png
Gumbies FFC duìzhèn zhōngguó shànghǎi tǐyùchǎng de Bāgédá hōngzhàjī

SFA dì 26 jì dì 16 lún pī zhǐdìng wèi guójì huíhé. Tiánmì zhī dì de tǔzhe yóuxì jiāng bèi dài dào shìjiè gèdì, yóuxì jǐn zài dì èr cì zài hǎiwài jìnxíng.

SFA guānyuán tuánduì zài quánqiú gèdì xúnzhǎo héshì de chǎngdì, yǐ kuòdà wǒmen wěidà bǐsài de guānzhòng. Zài mǒu xiē qíngkuàng xià, fùyù de ēnrén yǐ bèi quèbǎo chóngxīn pèizhì tǐyùchǎng yǐ shìyìng wǒmen yóuxì de dútè xìng.

Wǒmen gǔlì wánjiā huā yīzhōu de shíjiān yóulǎn zhǔbàn chéngshì, yǔ dāngdì jūmín jiāotán, tǐyàn zhège guójiā de wénhuà. Běn zhōu jiéshù shí kěnéng yǒu yě kěnéng méiyǒu cèyàn.

Gumbies FFC xiànzài yǐjīng jìnrù juésài xíwèi, chúfēi jìnyībù défēn, bìng xīwàng suǒdìng qián sì míng, dàn tāmen yù dàole yīgè zhèngshì de bāgédá hōngzhàjī duì, yǐjīng liánxù 4 cì yíngdéle zǒng juésài de zhàopiàn. Zài běn sàijì shàng bàn sàijì lìng rén zhènjīng zhīhòu, hōngzhàjī duì zhèngzài cóng 23 jì hé 24 nián de jìjié fùzhì tāmen de yīngchāo zhànlüè, dàn zhèlǐ de shīlì kěnéng shǐdé shíjì jìnrù juésài de jīběn yāoqiú jīhū bù kěnéng.

giphy.gif

Shàng cì tāmen jiànmiàn shí (dì 5 lún): Bāgédá hōngzhàjī 12.7(79) Shū gěile Gumbies FFC 14.13(97) - Hōngzhàjī réng liú zài fángkōngdòng lǐ, wúqíng hé jǔsàng, yīnwèi Gumbies lǐngdǎo zhěng tiān fàngsōng. Roo2macca shì zuì hǎo de,Jivlain kāijī 5.

Xíngshì: Gumbies 2nd,10-5(-4 pen),WLLWW; Bombers 9th,7-8,LWWWW

zhídé guānzhù de qiúyuán:
73945.jpg

roo2macca (Gumbies) - zài DT hé Exie jīfēn lǐngxiān liánméng, bìngqiě zài chūjú, jí qiú hé tī qiú fāngmiàn páimíng qián shí. S26 de yī wèi míng bùjiàn jīngzhuàn de míngxīng

135663.jpg

Matty411 (Bombers) - xǔduō lèibié zhōng de qián 5 míng qiúyuán, tā yǔ roo2macca de chōngtú jiāng shì jiéguǒ de guānjiàn.

Tíshì: Suízhe Gumbies suǒdìng liǎng chǎng zhǔchǎng juésài,Bombers lián shèng hé juésài xīwàng jiéshù.

Chuánzhǎng zài xīngqísì wǎnshàng 11 diǎn 59 fēn mìngmíng tāmen de qiú duì, bìng zài qiú duì tíjiāo xiànchéng zhōng fābù

Gumbies FFC vs Baghdad Bombers at Shanghai Stadium, China

Round 16 of SFA Season 26 is designated as International Round. The indigenous game of the land of Sweet will be taken to the world, with games played offshore for premiership points for only the second time.

Teams of SFA officials have scoured the globe for suitable venues, to broaden the audience of our great game. In some cases, wealthy benefactors have been secured to reconfigure the stadiums to suit the uniqueness of our game.

Players are encouraged to spend the week touring the host city, conversing with the local inhabitants and experiencing the culture of the country. There may or may not be a quiz at the conclusion of the week.

The Gumbies FFC have now clinched a finals berth, barring any further points penalties, and are hoping to lock in a top 4 finish, but they meet an in-form Baghdad Bombers outfit that has won 4 in a row to photobomb the finals picture. After a shocking first half of the season, the Bombers are replicating their Premiership strategy from Seasons 23 and 24, but a loss here may make the basic requirement of actually making the finals all but impossible.

Last time they met (Round 5): Baghdad Bombers 12.7 (79) lost to Gumbies FFC 14.13 (97) – The Bombers remained in the bomb shelter, winless and despondent as the Gumbies led all day before easing down. roo2macca was best, with Jivlain booting 5.

Form: Gumbies 2nd, 10-5(-4 pen), WLLWW; Bombers 9th, 7-8, LWWWW

Players to watch: roo2macca (Gumbies) – Leads the league in DT and Exie points, and is top 10 in disposals, hitouts and kicks. One of the unheralded stars of S26

Matty411 (Bombers) – Top 5 player in many categories, and his clash with roo2macca will be pivotal to the result.

Tip: The Bombers streak, and finals hopes, to end as the Gumbies lock in two home finals.

Captains to name their teams by 11.59pm on Thursday, and post in the Team Submissions thread

Cripes, I’ve barely recovered from the unholy hell-demon of a cold I picked up in Italy, and now Shanghai? My delicate constitution is going to have a rougher time of this than the Septic one under Don Orangolini.

Also, I’m pretty sure everyone in China loves their local team the Gold Coast Suns in the national colours. So they are definitely the biggest attraction.

But why don’t they have a home game this year? Even worse than last year :think:

Really looking forward to locking horns with an old adversary in BRAB this week.

Can't wait, especially to see him and TheCoach16 go at it.
From what I understand, ol’ mate BRAB is currently serving a ban. I’m hoping he’s back soon.

It would be in the league’s best interests to facilitate another Coach, BRAB face off.

It’s what the people want. It’s what they pay to see. It’s what puts bums on seats. Two heavy hitters, going toe to toe.
It’s Borg v McEnroe. It’s Palmer v Nicklaus. Kasperov v Deep Blue. Celtics v Lakers. Yankees v Red Sox. India v Pakistan. Ali v Frazier... All rolled into one.

I’m waiting, BRAB . Are you ready to write another chapter in this, already, epic narrative?

From what I understand, ol’ mate BRAB is currently serving a ban. I’m hoping he’s back soon.

It would be in the league’s best interests to facilitate another Coach, BRAB face off.

It’s what the people want. It’s what they pay to see. It’s what puts bums on seats. Two heavy hitters, going toe to toe.
It’s Borg v McEnroe. It’s Palmer v Nicklaus. Kasperov v Deep Blue. Celtics v Lakers. Yankees v Red Sox. India v Pakistan. Ali v Frazier... All rolled into one.

I’m waiting, BRAB . Are you ready to write another chapter in this, already, epic narrative?

Bone Crusher and Our Waverley Star!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having spent a lot of time over there I can confirm Tony Lynn 15 is the biggest tourist attraction in China, just slightly ahead of the Great Wall.

I am coming home kids!!
Question, if I may TL: can you confirm that the Wall itself was indeed to protect the 9th wonder of the world - yourself - against the raids and invasions of the various nomadic groups of the Eurasian Steppe way back in the 7th century?

I've also received reliable reports that it was to keep the rabbits out.

Shanghai?! Who designs the fixtures? Not fair that other clubs get to play in Hawaii, Rio and Amsterdam while we trudge over to Port's dump.
I can assure you that both sides are equally as disappointed in this revelation. Personally, I blame Ant Bear

In any case, we'll be handing out free oxygen masks to our fans at the game to ensure they stay breathing long enough to watch us down your mob on Sunday.

Question, if I may TL: can you confirm that the Wall itself was indeed to protect the 9th wonder of the world - yourself - against the raids and invasions of the various nomadic groups of the Eurasian Steppe way back in the 7th century?
They have some :huh:nice talent:sparklingheart: on the Eurasian Steppe; have you seen the hind quarters on Przewalski's horse?
WVqUJ91.jpg

I was gonna suggest this spot for our end of season trip; you blokes must be sick of camels. o_O

Shanghai?! Who designs the fixtures? Not fair that other clubs get to play in Hawaii, Rio and Amsterdam while we trudge over to Port's dump.

What's wrong with all of you. I can't wait to land, from what I've been told, the deep fried scorpions on a stick are to die for.

What's wrong with all of you. I can't wait to land, from what I've been told, the deep fried scorpions on a stick are to die for.
That's what I'm worried about, cap.

Maybe we should send a few to our opponents' change rooms to try first?

Alright Gumbies main plan is to see how many Bombers we can get quarantined with bird flu

Back