Traded Tom Scully [traded to Hawthorn for a future fourth round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

What this deal really comes down to is a battle of the medical teams

If Hawthorn can get Scully right, they have got one of the greatest steals of all time

If they cant get him right, GWS will be "i told you so" and have freed up more salary cap space.

I would back in Hawthorns team here, the managed to have got O'Meara right and when they signed up Burgoyne back in the day he hobbled into the club on one leg after been told he was basically finished. Turns out, he is still playing

wish hawks didnt get scully and scrimshaw cheap as they seem to be lumping it all in with the wingard deal to make it seem good overall

they got rorted in the wingard deal
This is the thing we are willing to do whats necessary if within our plans the 2nd and 3rd round picks dont matter

What round was Ryan taken in?
Mate thats not the question is it because scrimshaw was pick 7. We obviouly value wingard because we lost rioli. We also can run him through the middle. We couldnt do the shiel deal bcos that would have locked us out of the wingard deal

Mate thats not the question is it because scrimshaw was pick 7. We obviouly value wingard because we lost rioli. We also can run him through the middle. We couldnt do the shiel deal bcos that would have locked us out of the wingard deal
It was a joke mate, it's all good:thumbsu:

It has taken me a while to read this thread.
From what I gather it shows supporters of teams who are fair and others who dislike the hawks the most show it any chance they get.
The Swans got Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn for a 3rd rounder combined; this was as they basically doubled their salary and guaranteed
them games. They got Buddy for free and complain.
The Cats really dislike the hawks - think it goes back even before hawks defeated cats by 6 points in the 1989 grand final, they hold
a grudge.
The Lions can complain but the got Hodge still performing at a cheap price of a very late pick.

Tom Scully is from south east Melbourne suburbs so driving to Mulgrave is the easy way to go.
His injury is severe, a high risk and no guarantees.
Tom had a contract with GWS that ended in 2021 so can see why they offloaded him, 3 years left is a long time.

The funny part is I hope and dream he is fit to play Easter Monday against a rival who despises hawks the most.

That would be fun - hope Tom can return to at least 80% fitness, as Hawks haven't had a replacement for Brad Hill,
who is a 3 time premiership player the Hawks traded to Freo where he could play with his brother and it was the right thing to do;
and I and many hawks fans miss Brad but want the best for him unlike other clubs that hold a player to contract
when for family reasons wants to go home.

So what are the details of Scullys recovery?

Did Hawthorn send him for a surgery after trading for him or had he already had it?
Had the pins removed from his ankle 7 weeks ago
The club is saying he will start light running soon and will build up from there

Mind you, our injury updates are as believable as WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what are the details of Scullys recovery?

Did Hawthorn send him for a surgery after trading for him or had he already had it?

He's a long-term punt....Lets be honest.

As with O'Meara, it may well take an entire year until he's anywhere near right again....And even this year, O'Meara's knees had to be 'managed' at a 75% workload.

They would say that though, wouldn't they. ;)

Scully was running prior to Xmas incidentally.
Do you have a video of that though? It is highly likely that photo was doctored is the advice I received.

They were happy to get decent picks elsewhere ;);)
They managed to get the equivalent of 2274 (worth slightly more than pick 3) points in the Shiel trade, so they felt the 59 points they got for Scully were all they needed.

What does this say about the list management and medical program at GWS?
Not too much, to be fair. They may have had him doing similar if he'd stayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back