Analysis Best forward line heading into 2019 Season.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's particularly rich coming from the guy who's entire approach was to misrepresent the nature of the investment we'd made.

If you want to make an argument, make it yourself. No one but you has the obligation to do that.
I see you make a blanket statement with the depth of analysis as deep as a puddle in the desert, and then run away in usual fashion when challenged. Then of course start sniping because people call out your usual bullshit. Run away little boy!

I see you make a blanket statement with the depth of analysis as deep as a puddle in the desert, and then run away in usual fashion when challenged. Then of course start sniping because people call out your usual bullshit. Run away little boy!

You made the blanket statement. The failure to support has been yours. What's more, you havent made the slightest attempt to defend the original proposition you put forward since it was challenged- and rightfully so, it's indefensible.

I'm not going to produce the evidence for every hair brained excuse you want to float. If there's a counter argument, make it and support it.

Stiffy, you were a decent poster a decade ago, but you've been trying to coast on an self-imagined credibility for far too long. Either post something with substance or gtofh.

You have completely lost me.

I know. It was a while ago.

Maybe I'll just connect it this way:

If you agree that the value of Jenkins on field in 2019 doesnt exceed the value of high potential high talent youth, then this should be applied with respect to selection policy.

If you agree that the value of Jenkins on field in 2019 doesnt exceed the value of high potential high talent youth, then this should be applied with respect to selection policy.

If we were a bottom 3 club and our priority was develop our talent no matter the cost then you would be right. But we are not. If we were going to go down that path then we would have been better off trading out Sloane and Lynch as well as JJ. Rightly, or wrongly, we have gone all in. Trading out 2 firsts for Gibbs. We gave a pretty ridiculous 5 year contract to Sloane and opted to retain Lynch rather than get an upgrade on a first or an extra first this year. After all that, it would be completely counter productive to then play Fog over JJ even though we know he isnt ready yet.

Also, its questionable that just playing a young kid before he is ready has a net benefit to him. Apart from poor development and playing him out of position, Weitering could have done with a better foundation in VFL football before being asked to play 22 games a year against seasoned AFL KPFs and KPDs. When Fog is ready, I have no doubt he will get a shot. If we don't give him a look in once he gets his fitness base up to the required levels then I will join the chorus.

We definitely defer exposing our draftees to AFL football compared to average. Clearly Milera, Doedee, Gallucci, Fogarty typically played less in their first year than they would have at other clubs.

Bizarre to see anyone try to argue differently.

No evidence that we are the ones with it wrong however. Our draftees turn out well considering the picks they come in from. Whether that’s due to drafting or development or both is up for debate. The problem is they keep demanding to leave.

If the Jenkins who finished 2018 turns up then obviously he plays 2019. We are trying to win a premiership. Fog can develop in the SANFL and by scaring the living daylights out of Jenkins at training.

If the Jenkins who put in some truly insipid efforts early in 2018 and at times in previous years makes a return, he’s on a very short chain.

I want to see more of the Fog. Just love his natural mongrel and aggression! I think he'll be playing roughly similar numbers for 2019 as he's played this year. We need to remember that Fog was being played out of necessity in injured players in Tex/Lynch/McGov. I doubt if those trio were all fit this year, Fog would have played the 10 games as he has. No doubt he's being groomed to become our main forward player over the coming years, but his fitness isn't going to be good enough to make him a regular proposition just yet. Another 10 games in 2019 seems about right to me, assuming the other forwards remain healthy or minor injuries only.

Forward 6:
Tex JJ Lynch
Betts McAdam Gooch/Murphy/Stengle

Fog/Himmelberg in the wings if Tex/JJ/Lynch/McAdam out injured.

I want to see more of the Fog. Just love his natural mongrel and aggression! I think he'll be playing roughly similar numbers for 2019 as he's played this year. We need to remember that Fog was being played out of necessity in injured players in Tex/Lynch/McGov. I doubt if those trio were all fit this year, Fog would have played the 10 games as he has. No doubt he's being groomed to become our main forward player over the coming years, but his fitness isn't going to be good enough to make him a regular proposition just yet. Another 10 games in 2019 seems about right to me, assuming the other forwards remain healthy or minor injuries only.

Forward 6:
Tex JJ Lynch
Betts McAdam Gooch/Murphy/Stengle

Fog/Himmelberg in the wings if Tex/JJ/Lynch/McAdam out injured.
Tex is CHF not back pocket

Betts JJ McAdam
Gooch Tex Lynch/Fog/Murphy

I really think Fig will have a bigger impact this year maybe not a full season but a substantial part of it..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back