AFL TAB Refuse to Pay out $150k pay-out to Maths Wiz Uni Student who out-smarted their system

Remove this Banner Ad

He will get a decent payout but probably not all of it because of the negative publicity that TAB will get as the general nuffy wont understand what is going on
My question is if the bet lost would the TAB refund it? no ******* way

He will get a decent payout but probably not all of it because of the negative publicity that TAB will get as the general nuffy wont understand what is going on
Yeah it's funny they don't reject it at the start in case it loses anyway.......bet is accepted it is not the consumers fault their technology is s**t

They didn't refund the bet anyway. They settled it as a loser...

They should check the bets before accepting them. If they accept it it should be fair game
Wanting the TAB to have a person manually check every single bet is such a dumb * opinion

His mistake was betting to win $150k. He's clearly found a loophole he's not entitled to collect on and if he puts $1 on it he probably gets through to win $4k without it being picked up

Wanting the TAB to have a person manually check every single bet is such a dumb **** opinion

His mistake was betting to win $150k. He's clearly found a loophole he's not entitled to collect on and if he puts $1 on it he probably gets through to win $4k without it being picked up
Fix their technology then. Pay to have more employees or pay to improve the tech

They didn't code something properly thus should be stung $150k?
The amount is irrelevant. They will not fix anything unless they lose money from it. Giving them an out just means they will continue with their garbage systems screwing more people

Fix their technology then. Pay to have more employees or pay to improve the tech
At 1am on Grand Final morning, you’d be lucky to have anyone of importance working then.
I know where I was at that time and it involved lots of scotch.

Seen this bloke commenting on a TAB post asking for his money. They might say he's a maths wiz but he doesn't seem like much of a bright spark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. the screwing here was not done by the TAB
IT actually was in a small scale. If he didnt ark up or if he had lost he would have not gotten his $36 bucks back, So basically the TAB is saying if we screw up, not only are you not going to get paid, if you dont even realise the bet was always void we are going to keep your money anyway. I can only imagine how many times the TAB have done this.

Their terminal took the bet should of had program in place to stop multi bets in a multi bet if he didnt win would they of refunded the bet? At the end of the day they took the bet pay out the bet. The court will see it the same way.

Firstly, it is the VCGLR, not a court.

Secondly, there is no conceivable way that the VCGLR or any court would pay out the full bet.

It is a punter taking advantage of a clear error on related events.

Edit: I'd be highly surprised if VCGLR didn't just decide that this matter is outside their mandate based on past actions. Although, this is clearly a matter that should fall within their jurisdiction.

Speaking of software issues it would be nice if Tabcorp could give you the price of a same horse multi before finalising the bet

Firstly, it is the VCGLR, not a court.

Secondly, there is no conceivable way that the VCGLR or any court would pay out the full bet.

It is a punter taking advantage of a clear error on related events.

Edit: I'd be highly surprised if VCGLR didn't just decide that this matter is outside their mandate based on past actions. Although, this is clearly a matter that should fall within their jurisdiction.
You've gotta learn the rules before you play the game.

They took the bet though so no problwm taking his money on illegel bet? Thier at fault.

They took the bet though so no problwm taking his money on illegel bet? Thier at fault.

I would suggest that the bet sould be voided (money back) or just pay out the slater-martin combo at $34 or however much it was.

It's the same with bank accounts, if they accidentally put a 100k in your account, it doesn't mean it's yours.

The kid knew what he was doing. Geez we've probably all tried s**t like that at some point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back