Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

The winner is.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Confusing the once a yearers on this board talking about the once a yearers. When do we get our board back?

More people in here the better I would have thought. I wish I had the time to come here more often as I enjoy reading the discussions.

Well done to those who backed the winner.

Going to be a nightmare getting decent prices on NH horses for future cups. Bookies were tighter in 2018 compared to 2017 and no doubt 2019 would be tighter.

As nice it would be to have seen Latrobe go round today I don't think he would have beat Cross Counter

I have seen it mentioned how The Cliffsofmoher was totally beside himself pre race and melting like an ice cream and foaming from the mouth both in the mounting yard and behind the gates. Doubt that has anything to do with his injury though.

I have seen it mentioned how The Cliffsofmoher was totally beside himself pre race and melting like an ice cream and foaming from the mouth both in the mounting yard and behind the gates. Doubt that has anything to do with his injury though.
Think that was the crowd and it's general race day demeanor, some horses sweat up race day

Good luck ... you could have Mister Ed backing you up, and you'll still end up going around in circles and the only ground that'll be shifted is them digging their heels in more

So who's the lightly (un)raced NH 3yo that'll be thrown in at the weights next year? The one(s) that make the cut will start short in the market, surely lightning won't strike 3 times.. Ladbrokes have My Hamada at $81 for MC 2019. Seems good value...
Flag of Honour
Count Octave

First 2 that come to mind

Seen alot of o Irish backpackers sweat in this country too.

Think that was the crowd and it's general race day demeanor, some horses sweat up race day
Know nothing about it, myself, have read that the horse was sired (hope that's the right term) by Galileo, who was apparently renowned for sweating up before races.
Seems the situation is pretty politicized, animal welfare activists vs racing enthusiasts getting stuck into each other.
Bloody awful way for the poor bugger to go out at the end of the day, whichever side of the fence people are on. Shame if that goes under in the rush to call each other dickheads on twitter.

I just read over 10 pages, waiting for the jokes about iluvparis yet again backing the horse that comes "dead last."

He must've broken his horse killing curse this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like some forgive runs for the faves after injury reports.

Btw what is it with Bowman turning into a grumpy little s**t? Like he's in heat when winx is in the paddock. Instant s**t attitude on camera.

Looks like some forgive runs for the faves after injury reports.

Btw what is it with Bowman turning into a grumpy little s**t? Like he's in heat when winx is in the paddock. Instant s**t attitude on camera.

#noexcuses

Prince of Arran was caught behind a wall of horses when Yucatan made its run. That race wasn’t a true measure of where Yucatan sits against Prince of Arran.
Just like yesterday wasn't the best of Yucatan. Wasn't saying anything against Prince of Arran, but Yucatan obviously is not a cat

Race is losing relevance for the general population. They need Aussie heroes they can cheer on.

And not 50 mls of rain the morning of...

I'm sure an extra 20k would have been there had Northwest Passage made the field.

Yeah nah. 95% of those, along with 95% of people watching on TV, wouldn’t have a clue which hemisphere the horses were born and bred in.
Why were WSTB, Youngstar and Ace High all under the odds...

They know names Waller, Freedman, Hayes, Cummings... not so much Katsuhiko Sumii or Andreas Wöhler

Back